Welcome In!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Name : Tim
Sex : M
Profession : Professional Math Geek
Hobbies : Woodworking, Stained Glass, Outdoor anything (and Maybe Hobby Refining to the degree I can do it safe and comfortablely)
Interests : Learning new things that I can develop as a skill put into practice and have some kind of tangible result.
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : Interested for 4 or 5 years, started with the an article I read, which made me think of all the e-scrap I had in the basement from the days when I built computers for fun. None of it's worth putting in a machine, but the idea of being able to refine it stoked my curiosity. I have not refined anything yet, although after much reading (this forum and Hokes book.) Watching kadriver on youtube, gathering equipment both to process and for safety I have been in process of refining now for 2 weeks.
What are you looking for in our community? : Now that I am actually doing things and not just learning I am sure I will have questions that this seems like the place to ask and continue to learn and share.
How did you discover our Forum? : Google on questions that arose for me out of some of sreetrips youtubes came straight here. I've been lurking / learning since then.

Hello everyone, I hope all of you are faring well.

Name : Thomas M.
Sex : Male

Profession : Owner, Founder, CEO of AMS.
- Industrial/Warehouse Operations, Liquidations, Cleanouts.
- Residential Construction, Liquidations, Cleanouts.
- Residential Pre Construction 3D CAD Renderings.
- Storage Unit Liquidation, Cleanouts.
- Vendor Inventory Source.
- Project Consultant for Business, and Personal.

Hobbies : A lot, but these are the top 5.
- Cars/Trucks, Preferably Off road (Building, Fixing, Racing).
- Off Road Gas/Nitro RC Trucks (Building, Racing).
- Thrifting, flea markets, garage sales, estate sales, toy/comic shows.
- Designing Tiny Homes with 3D CAD Software.
- Building my tool collection: There's no such thing as too many, but I need more space.

Interests Professionally: Accumulating, and building a solid relationship with business contacts large and small.
- I mostly enjoy working with smaller business owners, and entrepreneurs to succeed and grow together.
- I also enjoy working on smaller hobby style projects with individuals and home owners to help them achieve or at the least help make good progress towards achieving their dreams or goals.

Interests Personally: I enjoy spending time with my family.
- I love teaching my children the skills they need to succeed in life and eventually take over the business, or have success in whatever they decide to do. They pick up quickly on the skills they are taught and use them wonderfully in their own way. I'm so proud of them.
- I also love spending time with my woman, she's absolutely amazing. We share a lot of the same hobbies/interest personally and professionally. When she's not professionally pursuing her career and dreams in owning a restaurant, she is always by my side through thick and thin.

How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : Acquiring and Recovering Precious Metals for 21 years.
- 5 years intermittently.
- 16 years professionally.
- Involved in the location, acclimation of e-waste for resale, and acquiring buyers on a large scale for the past 3 years
- Researching the end process and proper disposal of e-waste not suitable for resale only to discover the hidden gold value of outdated equipment, commenced in building a proper collection for the past 2 years.
- Researched and modified business plan to focus on the recovery of boards and components containing precious metals for the past year.
- Commenced sort, and depopulation of boards, and components as well as began researching the recovery/refining process of depopulated components 6 months ago.
- Currently building up collection of ideal raw material and boards waiting to be depopulated. Collection currently consists mainly of vintage telecom/server grade boards from 80's and 90's, Ram, CPUs, gold finger cards, depopulated components (gold corner BGA, IC chips, EPRROMs, gold band oscillators, etc.), and some peripherals. All other boards for the most part have been weened out and sold.

What are you looking for in our community? :
- I'm looking to fine tune my business plan, and scale up even further, with a few extra people local to me on board.
- Ideally I would like acquire more contacts that have the knowledge, experience, and equipment that I can succeed in growing with long term in the Dayton area.
- I am also looking for people that would be interested in the materials I have, and am able to acquire, that are located in the Dayton area.
- At the very least, I am looking to make friends with like minded individuals as I grow in this process, and I feel I can find that here.

How did you discover our Forum? Researching online to locate refiners and others like myself.

I want to say thank you, and that I appreciate the time of whomever reads this. I look forward to what I will learn, and accomplish from becoming a member of this forum. Thank you again, and may you have a wonderful day.

Last edited:
Место: Украина
Профессия:
ГРР
Как давно вы занимаетесь аффинажем золота? : 10лет
Что вы ищете в нашем сообществе? : Мне интересно, чего нового я могу узнать на заграничных сайтах, чем "там", занимаются люди, что я могу им предложить. Одним словом, обмен опытом.
Как вы узнали о нашем Форуме? :
Случайно перешёл по ссылке
Другое : Привет всем, я как вы поняли, занимаюсь поиском золота и его переработкой, разрабатываю новое оборудование, либо делаю лучше существующее, веду свой канал на Ютубе.

:D Welcome In guys :D
Present your self to the rest of the community, feel free to add things 😉

Name :
Sex :
Profession :
Hobbies :
Interests :
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? :
How did you discover our Forum? :
Good evening my name is Tony and just joined this forum. I am new to gold and PGM refining. Just downloaded Woke's book upon the recommendations I saw on this forum. I am based France and active in a (very) junior alluvial mining operation in West Africa. Here to learn!

Name :
Sex :
Profession :
Hobbies :
Interests :
Hello all! I am new to this forum and to precious metals recapturing and refining. I’m just starting to learn and read/watch as much as I can, and about to get all of the necessary safety equipment before even starting. My name is Keith 47 male from Broussard Louisiana, a small town just outside of Lafayette. I am a critical care nurse of 27 years and my hobbies include precious metal investing, and now capturing and refining, amateur astronomy, motor cross, camping, traveling, building and gaming computers. I discovered this forum through streetips aka Kadriver, who shares a wealth of knowledge on his YouTube channel. The science, beauty, and technical aspects of gold refining interest me greatly as well as the obvious end results. I’m looking to Lear everything that I can to possibly create an additional income stream, over time, done safely and properly. I am open to all information! I’m looking for expert guidance, from this forum, throughout my precious metal refining journey as well as formulate friendships with like minded individuals.

Name : Adam
Profession : Urban Farmer - Mushrooms
Hobbies : Hydroponics, Woodworking, E-scrapping
Interests : ...see above
How long have you been refining gold or have an interest in precious metals? : Lived in NM for a while and tried panning, thought e-scrap would be fun tinkering in the garage... Now I have piles of components and want to start the next step.
What are you looking for in our community? : I am here to learn all I can.
How did you discover our Forum? : honestly can't remember... Probably Google.

Name :
Sex :
Profession :
Hobbies :
Interests :
Alex
Male
Maryland, usa
Doctor of applied sciences

Hobbies include taking things apart and learning how they work, and understanding the world better by fixing things I could easily replace

Interested in the acquisition of knowledge both for practical purposes and just for it's own sake

Name : Adam
Profession : Urban Farmer - Mushrooms
Hobbies : Hydroponics, Woodworking, E-scrapping
Interests : ...see above
How long have you been refining gold or have an interest in precious metals? : Lived in NM for a while and tried panning, thought e-scrap would be fun tinkering in the garage... Now I have piles of components and want to start the next step.
What are you looking for in our community? : I am here to learn all I can.
How did you discover our Forum? : honestly can't remember... Probably Google.
Hi Adam, welcome to the forum. I live in the Dallas area also.

Name : Joe
Profession : Industrial Consultant
Hobbies : Golf and farming
Interests : Identification of components
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : No refining, just sorting for resale
What are you looking for in our community? : Help with identification
How did you discover our Forum? : Search engine

Name : Charles M. Hall
Profession : semi-retired / 30yr Roofer
Hobbies : coins , Martial arts, Motorcycles.
Interests : Women Magik
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? :ive been intrested for a cpl yrs now but only recently taking it seriously
What are you looking for in our community? to learn:
How did you discover our Forum? :you tube

Name :
Sex :
Profession :
Hobbies :
Interests :
Greetings all!

I’m Josh, Nanoscientist and Nanomaterials engineer by trade. Have worked with all sorts of things (preferably not radioactive) across the periodic table. Loads of fun, tons of interests…started making high purity catalyst grade gold to make tons of nanoshells and rods from AuCl3 (anhyd). Looking to do some alloy work as I’ve had some success in the past with high corrosion resistant alloys mostly for jewelry (too much aqua regia in lab to not do a bit of research).

Currently I’m working with resonant alloys for instrument construction. And could definitely use some help in say alloying silver and platinum without the need of synchrotron radiation. Also in larger batch scale up and always refining my skills (no pun intended).

Other stuff:
Male
41 yrs of age
Princeton, NJ (not for the university)
Have been refining and alloying for 8 years-ish
Interests range from singing (just about anything, the older the better), dancing (blues, lindy, fusion, ballroom, etc.), building a better, brighter, way smaller light bulb (really nanophosphors)…if it’s a scootch nerdy, I’m there.

Hope interactions on the forum are going to be excellent!
Invited by my friend Eric, good gent!

As Always,
Josh (Querneus)

Name :José Luis Garzon
Sex :male
Profession : self employed and master on economics and finances
Hobbies : horse riding
Interests :
What are you looking for in our community? :I don't have any experience on refining gold or any metals.

Reason i joined this community might sound weird and somehow hard to believe but looking for any information about where i cam sale Rhodium. Jave big amounts of that matera 85% purity. Any help would be highly appreciate.d you discover our Forum? :

Name : Maxime Cloutier
Profession : IT Tech
Hobbies :
Interests :
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : 2 years
What are you looking for in our community? : Help and tips
How did you discover our Forum? : Guggle

Name : nico badenhorst
Sex : male
Profession : farmer, businessman and do part time exploration
Hobbies : golf and watching motogp and f1
Interests : gold and precious metals
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : 10 years
What are you looking for in our community? : help
How did you discover our Forum? : surfing the internet looking for advise and information

to all the clever people on this forum, i discovered surface rocks with sulphides and trying to identify the sulphides maybe pyrite, charcopyrite or native gold. i had some rocks tested with xrf analyser with positive results. my question? i disolved some rock fines in sulpharic acid and want to use the solution to make aqua regia. here i think i made a mistake, i poured the excess sulpharic acid into a glass jar and used the sediment with some sulfaric acid and mixed 30ml nitric acid and 90ml hydrocloric acid into the sediment. cooked it for 5 minutes and left it to cool. the solution turned yellow orange in colour. - now i am making stannous chloride to test the sample. i bought small tin beads and used 2 gram with 30ml hydrochloric acid but some beads overnight didn't disolve so the tin beads might have other elements in it? anyone who can assist would be much appreciated.

What's up everyone! I'ma gold buyer here in Los Angeles. i've been in the business for 40 years and it's really the only thing I love doing.

I have some answers to the intros below. Excited to get to know all of you:

Name : Bobby
Profession : this
Hobbies : gold buying, working out, sun bathing, beach
Interests : coins
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : 40 years
What are you looking for in our community? : people to talk to about gold collecting
How did you discover our Forum? : google actually!

Ahoy refiners alike.

Name : Drew
Profession : Project Engineer, Battery Recycling
Hobbies : Musical Instruments, Kitchen Projects, Hiking
Interests : The natural world, mycology, conservation
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : Fresher than that AR you just made
What are you looking for in our community? : Knowledge and Experience
How did you discover our Forum? : Google

Happy to be here. I'm brand new to this idea of recovering precious metals. I was brought here by my profession - the company I work with recycles batteries and the name of the game is metal recovery. I'm currently working in the lab to quantify precious metals found in a sample of e-scrap and trying to do it the best I can.

Name : Artur
Profession : crazy scientist
Hobbies : Robotics, Artwork, Science in general, tech-scouting, engineering
Interrests : Philosophy, Business, future science and a lot more

MIND OVER MATTER 🖖:geek:

Back