Welcome In!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D Welcome In guys :D
Present your self to the rest of the community, feel free to add things 😉

Name :Bob
Sex :M
Profession : Retired Water production/ treatment professional
Hobbies : Gold Prospecting, Ham Radio, Metal Fabricator, Astrophotography, Off roading/ exploring, Pilot,
Interests :fine hard rock gold recovery, Mining history, Metallurgy,
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : 1 year,
What are you looking for in our community? : Develop knowledge in the gold prospecting, recovery and refining field.
How did you discover our Forum? :I stumbled across the forum when I was trying to research information on fine gold recovery.

Welcome here.
But it is a strange debut, quoting another welcome.
In this forum you will find a plethora of information.
Most everything regarding refining will be found here.
You are encouraged to read and search the forum and the book from C.M. Hoke.

The book is found in the signature line for Frugalrefiner, but for your convenience i have made a link here:
https://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=19798

Name :
Sex :
Profession :
Hobbies :
Interests :
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? :
What are you looking for in our community? :
How did you discover our Forum? :
Hello Everyone my name is Shawn, I am 43 yrs old. I live in North West Florida and recently became a single father of two girls. I havent been refining for very long 6 mo. At most. I happened across this forum by chance while looking for information on the hows and what happens when. I am a multi skilled technician by trade. Mostly kitchen equipment and RHVAC. I am still In the research stages of my conquest but have been able to recover a small amount of gold from ic chips and gold ram cards. I am looking to be educated from some of the finest chemist that dont mind sharing what they have learned and perhaps sharing some of which I will learn. U tube just isnt the learning platform i trust for such a dangerous exhibition.

Name : Mia
Sex : Not too often (M)
Profession : Telecom Demolition
Hobbies : Metal detecting, anything with an engine, gold recovery.
Interests : GOLD
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : 5 years ago i tried to recover gold from contacts wich was not a succes. Took a long break, and almost 1 year in cpu recovery and refining now.
What are you looking for in our community? : Im looking for tips and improvements for recovery and refining for all precious metals.
How did you discover our Forum? : Google.

Name :
Sex :
Profession :
Hobbies :
Interests :
What are you looking for in our community? :
How did you discover our Forum? :
Ha Ha!!! I got this far Nugget. Lol. Hi everyone. I am knew to this. New to the whole forum thing period. Happy this is my first. Pls bare with me. I am not good with computers nor the internet. I would rather be nee deep in gravel. I live in Wa state and am a single full-time father of two kiddos, 41yo ,male, was a general contractor and Real estate broker, but Last summer my mother also had to move in with us cause of medical reasons. Unable to continue my job because of being needed at home basically all day everyday. I decided I would finally get out and do the things I want and could from my own back yard. So here I am. I hope to learn and grow thru everyones prior experience on here and eventually be able to contribute to other members myself one day.

Thank you!

Name : vincent
33 years-old
French born in marseille
Living in belgium.
Work : I left my position as a pro salesperson to devote myself to refining metals, buying and selling.

I am looking to go to Africa soon to work directly there, set up a refinery and why not buy mines, I work with 2 3 partners who have the means, they are looking to buy several hundred kg, and have reached 2 tonnes per months, sacred challenges, having no ambargot like the usa, we can work with affrique. my role on pnace will be to test the quality of the products purchased. here is my dream. for the moment while waiting to leave, i work chrz me, i buy gold and silver and i work on a small scale. here are some photos lying around on my new phone, the rest is on my computer. I would like to make a post about me and everything I do, but I touch metals a bit and I don't know in which section I could post? certainly in the gold refining section because it is where there are the most readers, or go section by section, but when we read we always want to have on the same post not having to search on the forums ..... .

In the photos you will find some silver blocks some kupela Sion some quartz in Sion that I made and some results the big acec 960 ingot is indeed 960/1000 gold a little lazy to put it in 999 it weighs 651gr a nice session well done. for cast iron I use a 4 kg devilforge propane much better than small size induction furnaces.

Attachments

• 20221205_043416.heic
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221205_043404.heic
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221205_020000.heic
  • 20221205_020133.heic
    774.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221205_020145.heic
    980.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221205_025215.heic
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221205_031500.heic
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221205_023549.heic
    520.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221205_031635.heic
    611.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221205_040251.heic
  • 20221205_040257.heic
    478.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221124_103755.heic
    755.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221115_132022.heic
    732.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221111_161923.heic
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221110_173036.heic
    783.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221031_120931.heic
    611 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221031_120949.heic
    969.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221029_142630.heic
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221029_142644.heic
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221025_174927.heic
    629.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221021_144846.heic
    979.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221020_210828.heic
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221015_031547.heic
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220905_154732.heic
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220829_090224.heic
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220826_170649.heic
  • 20220804_161609.heic
    891.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220707_121547.jpg
    20220707_121547.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220621_230507.jpg
    20220621_230507.jpg

Name : Art mSmith
Sex :Male
Profession :Retired from Printing Industry
Hobbies : Photography, Travel
Interests : learning new things Melting & refining metals and sand casting
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : Brand new
What are you looking for in our community? : General Information
How did you discover our Forum? : Search internet

I have been a avid viewer of "Street Tips" on youtube for a month or so and decided to look into hobby and already make some rookie mistakes. I bought some questionable gold processed from computer parts from Israel on ebay at 0.12 cents per gram. could not get even a positive stannous test on material that all went into a dark green solution. So Im here to learn.

I believe there is a scammer in Israel that is selling a fake product. It contains little or no gold.

I believe Sreetips has at least one video series on recovering precious metals from computer parts. It is not a way to make much of a profit, karat gold is far easier and more lucrative if you can get the scrap cheap enough.

I have been an avid viewer of "Street Tips" on youtube for a month or so and decided to look into hobby and already make some rookie mistakes. I bought some questionable gold processed from computer parts from Israel on ebay at 0.12 cents per gram. could not get even a positive stannous test on material that all went into a dark green solution. So Im here to learn.
The stuff they sell out of Israel is Crap & only Brass….

Hello all from North Western IL. Been lurking on here for many years now and then. I have been scrapping for extra cash for the past 40 years. Glad to meet you all.

I believe there is a scammer in Israel that is selling a fake product. It contains little or no gold.

Just one? Sorry. Couldn't help it.

Buying 'gold' computer pin bars for gold refining from e-bay or wherever is a scam.
Yeah, it contains gold as advertised, but so does sea water.

So legally, they're not scamming anyone, just making money on gold fever.
A gold pan in the height of the gold rush could probably cost an ounce of gold or more.
Israel apparently sells nice brass bars of 120 euro per kilo.

I admit its a fascinating hobby, but costs a lot of time, study and money to do it in a safe and responsible manner.
If you want to process e-waste, and you can't get it for free, scrap electronics, sell the most parts and cherry pick the high yield parts to recover pm's from.

If you want to process e-waste, and you can't get it for free, scrap electronics, sell the most parts and cherry pick the high yield parts to recover pm's from.
And that is the real secret to making a little money from electronics.

Name : Avery
Sex : Male
Profession : Datacenter / Colocation
Hobbies : Scrapping and working on cars
Interests : basically anything I can make with my hands
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : 2 years
What are you looking for in our community? : Knowledge
How did you discover our Forum? : Google

Been refining for about 6 months and learned quite a bit from the forums and the library. I've had the fortune of having access to as much ewaste scrap as I want for free (work actually is happy as they have less to recycle). Started with ram fingers and have continued on to flat packs and BGA chips. The info in this forum has significantly improved my yields.

Name:-twaliq c.
Sex:-male
Profession : carpenter / real estate agent
Hobbies : looking for Gold
Interrests : learning where to find gold
How long have you been refining gold? : Interested and learning
What are you looking for in our community? : knowledge
How did you discovered our Forum? : google

Hello all

Allen
Las Vegas, Nv
53 male
Metal detecting
Service advisor

Been metal detecting for over two years now. Have found a wash that I have pulled 25 grams of gold out of. It appears to have lots of 100 mesh or smaller fine gold. I have 4 5gallon buckets of dirt with super fine gold in it from the wash. Going to be working on panning it down to concentrates. Will be a lot of work. Would be nice to use a shaker table.

Hello all

Allen
Las Vegas, Nv
53 male
Metal detecting
Service advisor

Been metal detecting for over two years now. Have found a wash that I have pulled 25 grams of gold out of. It appears to have lots of 100 mesh or smaller fine gold. I have 4 5gallon buckets of dirt with super fine gold in it from the wash. Going to be working on panning it down to concentrates. Will be a lot of work. Would be nice to use a shaker table.
Welcome to us :)

Name : Michael Marler
Sex : M
Profession : Property Mgmt/self
Hobbies : reading GRF 🤓

Interests :
Many, but specifically gold ore processing of ore near and around Butte area/ Boulder Batholith/ Deer Lodge/ western MT.

About a year mainly playing with gravity concentration methods.

What are you looking for in our community? : What got me interested was coming across Deano's posts on leaching from a Google search. Now I'm interested in about 100 other things I have found on here.

How did you discover our Forum? :Google

Back