Welcome In!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello..im Petis...32years old from Slovakia...i am roof maker... my hobies ...gold guns and girls ...i m in precious metal new ...start with idea of gold one year back and i make my first gold button after 4month when i start...and this forum really help me get good information....and sorry my english is sux..and .thx you all guys who run this forum..you make great job

hello..im Petis...32years old from Slovakia...i am roof maker... my hobies ...gold guns and girls ...i m in precious metal new ...start with idea of gold one year back and i make my first gold button after 4month when i start...and this forum really help me get good information....and sorry my english is sux..and .thx you all guys who run this forum..you make great job
As Dave said, welcome.
In the lower part of his post, you see a couple of links to one of our most priced books.
Download it and read it.
It gives an easy introduction to the chemistry behind what we do.

And here is some more to study.

Read the safety section of the forum: Safety
And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Suggested reading: The Library

Forum rules : https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-refining-forum-rules.31182/post-327766

Welcome

Name :Daniel Brent
Sex :Male
Profession :Govt Contractor (R&D)
Hobbies :Writing, Prepping, and being a dad
Interests :urban mining
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? :5 years of stacking
What are you looking for in our community? : To learn smelting and basic chem for stacking and hopefully be able to use it in homeschooling for kids
How did you discover our Forum? : google searching sreetips.

How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? :5 years of stacking
What are you looking for in our community? : To learn smelting and basic chem for stacking and hopefully be able to use it in homeschooling for kids
Welcome to the forum.

Pete

Welcome to us.

Here is some study material we like people to read.

1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: Safety
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Forum rules : https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-refining-forum-rules.31182/post-327766

Welcome to us.

Here is some study material we like people to read.

1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.

Thanks for the resources!

Realizacia,

You use of English is much better than most of my European relatives (Danish, Faroese and, oddly enough, English).

It may be helpful, however, if you download Refining Precious Metal Wastes in both English and the language you are best at. Doing so may help in understanding the language of refiners. I’ve an acquaintance in Iceland who has an interest in precious metals refining, and having both English and Icelandic versions at hand have helped her immensely.

Time for more coffee.

:D Welcome In guys :D
Present your self to the rest of the community, feel free to add things 😉

Name :
Sex :
Profession :
Hobbies :
Interests :
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? :
What are you looking for in our community? :
How did you discover our Forum? :
Kitty80/Michelle
PLEASE/F
OLD
SoCal
Just a Professional
Money, C O N T R A B A N, Medicine, science
See above
NIB
Knowledge
Research

Pleasure to meet everyone here, hopefully 🤞.

Kitty80/Michelle
PLEASE/F
OLD
SoCal
Just a Professional
Money, C O N T R A B A N, Medicine, science
See above
NIB
Knowledge
Research

Pleasure to meet everyone here, hopefully 🤞.
Welcome.
Here are some suggestions for studies.

Howdy 👋

Name : Mat
Sex : why not
Profession : Construction
Hobbies : I'm ASD so you name it! hee
Interests : Lately findind the scrap/refine value of the equipment i have been giving away for cents to scrap yards
What are you looking for in our community? : practical discussions and hearing from the experienced peeps on so i can make some decent scale setup
How did you discover our Forum? : yt

So i haven't done the calcs yet on weight but 4% AG on this material, and I have a few hundy Kilos sounds promising?!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230525_122635_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230525_122635_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Howdy 👋

Name : Mat
Sex : why not
Profession : Construction
Hobbies : I'm ASD so you name it! hee
Interests : Lately findind the scrap/refine value of the equipment i have been giving away for cents to scrap yards
What are you looking for in our community? : practical discussions and hearing from the experienced peeps on so i can make some decent scale setup
How did you discover our Forum? : yt

So i haven't done the calcs yet on weight but 4% AG on this material, and I have a few hundy Kilos sounds promising?!
Welcome to us.
Hard to say, what is it?
Is it plated, or alloyed?
Alloyed, can be tricky and expensive, plated is easy since Nitric don't dissolve Aluminum.
The Silver Aluminum alloy is not a true alloy as such, since it is Silver nano particles embedded in the Aluminum.

Are you planning on processing yourself?
If so we like you to study this first.

We ask our new members to do 3 things.

Gday Y,

100% i'll be reading that as soon as i get a minute, currently flat out stacking haha. and yep will be doing nothing that isn't enviro friendly and very glad this place makes a point of that, i've seen some horror shows on yt :(

thanks for info. i don't know if i'll end up doing myself but probably yes. i can get so much of these materials and will 100% be worth it because my outlay is zero for stacking

just jumped on to see who is into gold pcbs boards because they are piling up too haha

i'll attach some pics and keen to start being involved here, awesome place from what i've seen so far

some of the comonents are silver coated with some other process that almost looks like paint slapped on lol, check the last one, not sure if image quality limit makes it hard to see

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230610_144704_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230610_144704_Gallery.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230610_144830_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230610_144830_Gallery.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230610_145135_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230610_145135_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230610_145113_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230610_145113_Gallery.jpg
    628.2 KB · Views: 0
Gday Y,

100% i'll be reading that as soon as i get a minute, currently flat out stacking haha. and yep will be doing nothing that isn't enviro friendly and very glad this place makes a point of that, i've seen some horror shows on yt :(

thanks for info. i don't know if i'll end up doing myself but probably yes. i can get so much of these materials and will 100% be worth it because my outlay is zero for stacking

just jumped on to see who is into gold pcbs boards because they are piling up too haha

i'll attach some pics and keen to start being involved here, awesome place from what i've seen so far

some of the comonents are silver coated with some other process that almost looks like paint slapped on lol, check the last one, not sure if image quality limit makes it hard to see
The quality limit may not be a limiting factor but most of the time focus are, and sadly the focus is on the bolt.
The side of the sheet although out of focus, looks just like any other shear cut Aluminum, in the is case stamped out of sheet.
What is this? Cellphone antenna and microwave cavity stuff?
If so, they are often Silver plated.
There has been several threads on this here.
Search and you will find :)

timed out and lost what i wrote!!

so.. yep it's rf gear! i'll post a pic that hopefully shows the silver layer i'm wondering about, it can't be that thick but it looks like it haha

i'll reply again when i get over losing my page of txt! haha

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230610_174657_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230610_174657_Gallery.jpg
    869.5 KB · Views: 0
and yep, i know about the silver coating :) but the tuning lid, (the thing in the pic), seems like it has way more silver haja
It has a fairly thick plating but I doubt it to be very visible.
1686383666491.png
Red and black points to deformation and shear zones from the cut out of the part.
Any shear-cut or stamped out metal has these zones.
Blue is the actual plating, some microns thick

ahhhhhhh!!! you are very knowledgable! nakes sense now haha. so microns, i've seen numbers from 6 to 12 floating around, i'll get the calc out and see how many thousands of screws i have to remove/ounce haha

cheers mate, legend

Back