Welcome In!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Name : Dvonte
Sex : Male
Profession : Trauma ICU Nurse
Hobbies : Welding, auto body, engine and transmission work, antique oil lamps, small engines, large engines, volunteer firefighting, metal casting, jewelry.
Interests : I am currently mainly interested in learning how to successfully cast platinum group metals and make fine jewelry...for someone special with skin allergies.
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : brand new
What are you looking for in our community? : knowledge and criticism
How did you discover our Forum? : during extensive research on platinum group metals I realized that this forum offers more information than any formal published resource.
Welcome.

Her you have some links to delve into for your new hobby :)

1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: Safety
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Suggested reading: The Library

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-refining-forum-rules.31182/

The Guided tour link in my signature line below will get you up to speed on abbreviations, reactions, and general safety! Be safe and welcome to the forum!
Steve

Name : Anton
Profession : Gold and Jewelry trading
Hobbies : Anything fun to do
Interests : Refining trash into pure gold
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : 10 years
What are you looking for in our community? : Friends and Information
How did you discover our Forum? : one of the guru of gold refining channel in youtube

So I have a proposition for either you or somebody that you think would be interested. Trustworthy and not creepy.
I live on an ancient riverbed that is filled with what I think is amazing Gold/silver/copper and platinum ore. I would like to send some crushed up ore to someone that is experienced to see what it is I have actually found. I’m not a greedy person and I believe there is enough abundance to go around. So that being said. Are you interested or do you know anyone who is. Oh and you can keep whatever it is I send.
I would also love to learn how to refine myself however my ADHD brain needs hands on or video to walk me through it or step by step instructions. I’m smart I’ve managed to figure it out on my own however can’t afford to mess around.
The Guided tour link in my signature line below will get you up to speed on abbreviations, reactions, and general safety! Be safe and welcome to the forum!
Steve
ve a pro

edited to remove profanity - FrugalRefiner

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to learn to pan or how to run a sluice for these dense metals of gold or platinum, using specific gravity as a separation method, not chemistry.
The ancient river beds in southern Oregon will be very deep beds of round boulders, round rocks, and gravels, found on some of the mountain tops, such as the old channel that runs north to a southerly direction where portions of the ancient river beds are on the top of the mountains such as the old channel mine just west of Galice Oregon southerly direction to eight dollar mountain in Selma Oregon. Learn to use water and specific gravity (placer mining) for your gold or platinum.

Copper mining in southwest Oregon is more of a hard rock or load mining operation, which would not be profitable for a small mining operation or for an amatuer backyard prospector or miner, much too costly even for most large mining operations with big pockets of cash to invest in a hole in the ground)

Name : Jacob
Sex : m
Profession : trailer mechanic
Hobbies : everything
Interests : everything
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : I have been stacking physical for a few years but have a bunch of E-scrap piling up and want to start experimenting extracting and refining it.
What are you looking for in our community? : information and knowledge from experienced people.
How did you discover our Forum? : luckly a google search.

Name : Frikkie
Profession : Self employed / studying
Hobbies : Epoxy woodwork
Interests : Chemistry, electronics, process engineering, electro chemistry
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : about 6 years
What are you looking for in our community? : knowledge and networking with knowledgeable people
How did you discover our Forum? Reddit

I recently got my hands on a large amount of ceramic integrated circuits (IC's) and I am looking for ways to extract the precious metals from them. Any input or suggestions are welcome.

Name: Ben
Sex: Male
Profession: Precious metal recovery research lead
Hobbies: anything
Interests: chemistry, technology, trading
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? 1 year
What are you looking for in our community? Networking, potential improvements in methods
How did you discover our forum? Google

I work for a start up based around metal recycling from primarily E-waste. I have been viewing this forum for a few months but havent made an account until now. Interesting to see people take my profession and research as a hobby!

Name: Ben
Sex: Male
Profession: Precious metal recovery research lead
Hobbies: anything
Interests: chemistry, technology, trading
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? 1 year
What are you looking for in our community? Networking, potential improvements in methods
How did you discover our forum? Google

I work for a start up based around metal recycling from primarily E-waste. I have been viewing this forum for a few months but havent made an account until now. Interesting to see people take my profession and research as a hobby!
Welcome to us.
We have members from England.
Many of our members has this as their profession even though most of us are hobbyists.

Name : Astro
Sex : M
Profession : Land surveyor
Hobbies : Hiking
Interests : Music, new challenges
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : I haven't, I am new!!
What are you looking for in our community? : I am looking for a way to sell Copper powder 99.9997% with average grain size 12μm
How did you discover our Forum? : Researtching for a way to sell the aformentioned commodity, I stumbled upon the forum

Name : Ian
Profession : QCI and part time blacksmith
Hobbies : Too many to list
Interests : Same as above unfortunately
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : Almost 20 years now
What are you looking for in our community? : Mostly just being able to talk to folk far more experienced than me at refining metals to use, mostly from scrap, I've been doing it a long time but mostly I've been just bodging by as simply as I can, not always efficiently and certainly not always safely. I thought it was about time to learn from the more experienced.
How did you discover our Forum? : A long search and read on none cyanide leaching methods.

:D Welcome In guys :D
Present your self to the rest of the community, feel free to add things 😉

Name :
Sex :
Profession :
Hobbies :
Interests :
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? :
What are you looking for in our community? :
How did you discover our Forum? :
Name; Rusty is my name. My family and friends know me as Bunz. I raise bunny for food.
Sex; not in a long time (lol)
Age; too old
current location; Seal Rock - Oregon
Profession; by trade pipefitter, welder fitter, steam fitter
Hobbies; metal detecting, bunny's
Interests; environment, ocean health
how long. I have not refined gold. I have had an interest in precious metals for 50 years
I discovered your forum when I was researching how to refine silver out of silver nitrate using SAC. I could not find what SAC was. In searching for that meaning I found this site, when someone like me was asking the very same question. I am not a chemist. Do I want to put the silver in solution using nitic acid and then leech the silver using an electrode and basically grow silver crystals from the solution or do I want to cement the silver from the solution? What are the pros and cons to each of those?

Name : Dio
Profession : Smelter/Refiner
Hobbies : Photography
Interests : History and Trivial Info
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : almost a year
What are you looking for in our community? : new insight, I would like to know alternative or faster method for gold and silver refining
How did you discover our Forum? : through google, got confused about things and here I am hahaha

Name : Dio
Profession : Smelter/Refiner
Hobbies : Photography
Interests : History and Trivial Info
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : almost a year
What are you looking for in our community? : new insight, I would like to know alternative or faster method for gold and silver refining
How did you discover our Forum? : through google, got confused about things and here I am hahaha
Welcome to us.
What is your plan with your stay with us?

I’m planning to get some new friends, new knowledge, and maybe some new partner to do business together :)
Excellent.

Here are some must do studies for new members.

1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: Safety
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Suggested reading: The Library

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-refining-forum-rules.31182/

Good afternoon! Anyone in the Boston area? Looking to.engage with individuals I can learn how to smelt/refine
Welcome, but why don't you post this in the introduction in stead of crashing someone else's thread?
Edit, I moved it for you!

Hello to all community! here below my personal data:
Name : Pastorman75
Profession : Mechanical and Process engineer
Hobbies : Mechanics, Copper and Gold Refining Process, Motorbikes, LEGO bricks
Interests : Project financing, Coding, Induction furnace, other...
How long have you been refining gold or have interest in precious metals? : since 2009
What are you looking for in our community? : Knowledge exchange about PMs recovery methods
How did you discover our Forum? : surfing in the net....

In 2009 I started tio work for an italian company that is focused on precious metal refining plant starting from goldsmith scrap materials but alsio from industrial waste. They both have standard machines but also design turn key plants worldwide. I worked for them until 2017 and I learnt a lot about precious metal recovery and refining process. In the last year of my service to them, I design a TBRF furnace that arrange burning process of E-waste scrap, melt it with adding some fluxes and borax and also the machine is able to became a Copper converter by the use of an oxigen lance.
Now I have my own company and I work as a consultant in the field of precious metal recovery plant and in other sector of industrial production.
I hopeI can share with the community my experience in this matters!

Thanks in advance to everybody here!

Back