What have we been doing lately?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually load these residential shots at .85 pound per cubic yard. Calculated breakage minimum would be 1,088 cubic yards, but always get over break of about 5 ft. at perimeter, ( 120 linear feet), so 120 L x 12 D x 5 W divided by 27 = 266 additional cu/yds., for a total of1,354 actual displaced rock.

Awesome..

Oh that sound you can never forget..... perfectly timed... you exactly matched an A-10 gun run.

Warthog tree removal?? Sounds awesome. I think I know how I'm going to get rid of my overgrown weeping cherry now. I'll need a real crack-shot though, it's growing close to the corner of my house.

Plaque build up. More correctly calcium build up. Combined with low blood pressure and a high heart rate, it causes all sorts of problems.
Check with a medical professional, which I am not, but I am really into bio hacking & anti-aging so you can take that for what it’s worth.

Find a good K2 & D3 supplement. If you think of calcium as a concrete company. If calcium is the concrete, Vitamin D is the CEO keeping the company in business, Vitamin K2 is the site foreman making sure that the concrete is placed in the forms on the proper jobsites and isn’t allowing the concrete trucks to wash out their mixers leaving piles of concrete around the sites where it isn’t supposed to be. K2 is naturally found in organ meats, lacto-fermented vegetables (sauerkraut & kimchi) & some algae - if we’re low in vitamin K2, we get calcium buildup in all sorts of places that it’s not supposed to be; below our gum lines such that we have hell to pay when we go to the dentist, in our veins & arteries causing blockages such as those that you’re having and NOT getting calcium where we do need it which is in our bones, teeth & most importantly as a key element of cellular membrane health and mitochondrial function. Mitochondria are the batteries of our cells and if our batteries aren’t functioning correctly on the cellular level, we can end up feeling that as chronic fatigue.

Another supplement that is worth looking into is astaxanthin. It’s a very strong anti-oxidant that is why krill & salmon have their pink color. While you would have to eat an absurd amount of salmon to get a therapeutic dose of it, supplements are available that are sourced from a specific type of algae that is extracted with supercritical CO2. Astaxanthin is 5x more powerful of an antioxidant than beta carotene, and 500-800x times more powerful than vitamin C, depending on the study. It’s been shown to lower LDL cholesterol and even reduce existing calcium deposits. This is of particular importance to me as a 41 year old man who looks athletic and healthy, but I have extremely high LDL and the arterial plaque of the average a 55-60 year old.

Other benefits of astaxanthin is that it is really good for skin health and acts as an oral sunscreen, repairing existing sun damage and increasing the time you can be in the sun without being sunburned. It’s also good for eye health and reduces eye fatigue related to night driving & computer usage. It’s also neuroprotective as a potent antioxidant in the sense that it can assist in removal of cellular waste that builds up in our brain when we don’t get restful, healing sleep. It’s also been shown to increase attention, memory and cognitive performance in older adults.

I’m well aware this is the Gold Refining Forum, and not a medical advice forum, (which I must restate, I am not a medical professional and adding supplements to your routine should be discussed with your health practitioner) but the knowledge held in the brains of the members of this forum is more valuable than all of the precious metals that we have collectively refined over our entire lives! I am still relatively green, so I don’t have a ton to offer as far as wisdom or experience in refining & chemistry, but I can give back what knowledge I do have and am happy to do so, particularly when I see it could help someone like in this situation!

I guess I’m feeling a little more mortal today than usual as I’m visiting the cardiologist to see why my cardiac health is 15-20 years older than my chronological age, and saw a good opportunity to help a fellow forum member. Best of luck with your healing and keep us posted on progress. My direct messages are always open if anyone has any questions they aren’t comfortable posting - I’m aware of the limitations of my knowledge and will be very honest about where that ends and will not try to give advice outside of my areas of interest and understanding.

Just wanted to say thanks again for all of the information everyone who has Contributed to this forum over the years. It’s a great community to be a part of even though I’ve been sitting on the sidelines most of the time just trying to absorb everything!

I think it would be interesting to find out what everyone has been doing lately. Who knows you may find a mate doing the same things and can get together.
I'm thinking, have you been out prospecting? Did you find anything?
Maybe camping with the family and forgetting the world. Are you a musician? Going to a great bit of theatre? A motorcycle adventure?

I'm partial to long drives in the country, so that's what I've been doing on a weekend when I have time.

How about you?
Me, I have so much stuff to figure out weather to depopulate and sell individually or sell my boards in a lot. Plus I have tons of other devices, stuff that needs dismantled. I have been trying to learn about this stuff since before it had a name. I quit the IT tech industry because I saw the huge potential this industry had....but could never get anything but fingers and pins ready for further processing. and I can depopulate really well. I just want to get it out of my space I have too many other things I want/need to do. I am terminally ill and so is my son. we live way far apart I need to move close to him to support him. :/

I thank you for inviting me to this thread. I needed to let some of my stress go.
I hope everyone else is having best of luck.
"The older, The Golder"

Recently I've been working on a new small scale silver cell (pictures attached). I recently dusted it off after a few years and am hoping to make some electrolyte and get those silver plates purified. Beyond that, spending a lot of time with my six year old daughter. That's been a blast. Made a trip up to Michigan last week to get some breathing space after my wife of almost 10 years asked for a separation. It's not a mutual feeling, so that's been pretty rough on the soul. I've inquarted ~10 grams of gold into silver to attempt gold recovery for the first time and finally bought a testing stone and set of acids, along with a diamond tester. Beyond that, I'm hoping to do some more scrap material collection. Apparently I'm on the short list to get some cyber pay incentives to the tune of an extra $30k a year. Your American tax dollars hard at work. Beyond that, looking forward to getting an oxy-acetylene torch for melts. I have a furnace, but I'm not a huge fan of it. Down 30lbs, mostly due to recent stress. Beyond the situation with the spouse, life is pretty good.

Elemental

Attachments

• IMG_1393.jpg
    IMG_1393.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
I have been dealing with a situation with GEO

Edit from Moderator:
I have deleted the last part of this post.
We do not condone “Character Murder”

We can understand the frustration when something goes wrong in a deal, this is not the way to do it!
Please Poudouche, take it through proper channels, which may be the justice system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been dealing with a situation with Jeff Massey
known as GEO
o everyone
I want to report today we have lost our time thinking Geo was going to make good of his word
That will be eight months since he received the 200 pounds of materials
to process on the following conditions
25 % of the return as fees , 29 days the processed materials ,gold , silver , and palladium to be returned. The scam artist did not comply with anything , providing only lies after lies
"
I have been working on Ludo's refine. It was whole ram sticks. I process these by using CuCl2 to both liberate the chips and the gold foils from the fingers. There was a smaller portion of misc. boards such as cell phone boards and small peripheral boards. These had to depopulated differently as they have steel RF shielding which destroys the solution and takes much longer. The chips seems to be liberated, mostly, but not all the fingers are liberated. I've added fresh acid and expect the recovery to be complete shortly.
I apologize to Ludo and everyone else that this has effected. In my defense, I don't come to the forum every day like I used to. I wasn't trying to avoid anyone. Sorry. "
after this posting he told me there was a confusion when he stated 29 days he would have completed the job
after he received the lot but 29 days after he started the processing
He further said he will return the materials : to send him a return label . I asked him to provide me with the weight and volume so i can get the Label
He never answered
After many attempts he said he has some family problems he will be absent during the whole month of June and when he is bask on July 1 he will start the work and finish on July 29 but the palladium will require 2 additional weeks so he will ship the gold and the silver first.
After ignoring all my call and texts on July 26 he told me he is going to return the materials
and he he is no longer going to toll refining activities
As i know he has some issues in the past with a package , i told him to make sure to send me the tracking number
he is still ignoring all the attempts to contact him
At this point i think the material entrusted to him is stolen and no materials have been processed and will not
be returned
Before taking further action I wanted to inform you gentlemen how dishonest Geo's behavior has been

Quote Reply
Privacy violation?
Does Geo want his personal name here shared on the forum? You can take it up with the admins but not publicly imo. There are always two sides of a story. I imagine Geo does not want to reply here. Now his reputation is damaged by you. Allegations true or not.

I can understand your frustration if what you say is true and you are trying to force him to act, but still.

I hope Geo and his family are in good health and can respond and resolve the issue as agreed between the two of you.

Again, we only heard your side.

Please remove words like scam artist. And quotes of his personal message to you.

This is unacceptable and even reason for a firm warning or time out imo.

If i were him, this is where all cooperation would end with you. You have crossed a line.

If you feel you have not been treated like agreed, sue him.

Good luck getting your issue solved none the less.

Keep it civilized.

Hunting and buying silver plated items, mostly silverware at the flea market, basically for almost nothing. High quality ASFM 84-90 plated stuff. Buying price averages at 0,20 USD/gr. Having lots of fun when hunting for it, since most of the sellers are overpricing their items (logical move), but still ending up selling it to me. Most of the cases the sets are missing some pieces or some of the pieces are damaged, therefore have less value as a complete set. Still worth for its silver value. :)

Pete

Gathering quartz float from different areas on our property that we are clearing. We are cutting and burning brush from around old gold rush prospect pits I'm picking up samples to crush so far, a little color now and then.

Just wrapped up railroad work for the year. Winter time is a track man's time off (somewhat). So, changing gears to the mountains of e-scrap to work on that has piled up..... :-(

Well, not been here for a while. Retired last Jan. to help care for my son, he was diagnosed with Leukemia 1 1/2 years ago. Sadly he passed away this past May. So that sort of took the wind out of my sails for a bit.:cry:

Anyway, I have some boards left to work on, not many but enough to fill a 1L beaker halfway with foils. I need to get to it this winter. May be my last refining batch, since retiring dried up my free source of boards and ram. ;) Will still dabble in karat scrap and gold filled if I get it free or really cheap.

Bought a plasma cutter and started some yard art, or as my daughter says garden junk. :D

Well, not been here for a while. Retired last Jan. to help care for my son, he was diagnosed with Leukemia 1 1/2 years ago. Sadly he passed away this past May. So that sort of took the wind out of my sails for a bit.:cry:

Anyway, I have some boards left to work on, not many but enough to fill a 1L beaker halfway with foils. I need to get to it this winter. May be my last refining batch, since retiring dried up my free source of boards and ram. ;) Will still dabble in karat scrap and gold filled if I get it free or really cheap.

Bought a plasma cutter and started some yard art, or as my daughter says garden junk. :D
My condolences to you and your family.:(

These losses are never easy, and your young ones even worse I expect.

Back