What to do of copper nitrate

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
golddie said:
hrushi said that when he cements the copper from the copper nitrate solution with iron there is iron in the copper powder.

I saw that new video of his and he uses these copper powders to cement the silver from the silver nitrate solution

I would like to know how is the iron issue handled or it is not important and that I can use the copper powder for cementing silver without any problems
Cam I just use it as it is.

With the volume he is doing impurities are a minor problem.

With the volume you are doing use a slab of copper or a copper pipe to cement out your silver. When you start doing large volumes then you can consider copper powder to cement out your silver.

lazersteve said:
I'm working on a short video of converting dirty copper nitrate solutions into dilute nitric acid for reuse. It will be posted on my website when it is completed.

I'll add India to the shipping calculator on my website today.

Steve

has there been a video for this ?? i looked and didnt see it on lazersteves site original post is 4 years old :)

thank you

Juan Manuel Arcos Frank said:
Hrushi:

The copper recovered by cementation is 99% pure,but it is unuseful for any purpose because copper needs to be very very pure (0.9995).This is why you need to refine the crude copper in an electrolytic cell.I post for you an article about the elctrolytic refining process and another one about copper scrap.

I hope it helps.

Have a nice day

Manuel

The links to the pdf's are dead. Could anybody re-post them?

Juan Manuel Arcos Frank said:
Hrushi:

The copper recovered by cementation is 99% pure,but it is unuseful for any purpose because copper needs to be very very pure (0.9995).This is why you need to refine the crude copper in an electrolytic cell.I post for you an article about the elctrolytic refining process and another one about copper scrap.

I hope it helps.

Have a nice day

Manuel

Could you repost these links? They do not exist in the archive anymore for some reason.

Thanks!

I'm working on a short video of converting dirty copper nitrate solutions into dilute nitric acid for reuse. It will be posted on my website when it is completed.

I'll add India to the shipping calculator on my website today.

Steve
Hello Steve, could you send me a link to that video please.
Thanks John

Latest posts

Back