will ferrous sulphate drop the gold???

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If dissolved or not should not make much of a difference.
If it gets brown in water it might be oxidised and then it do not work.
Are you sure all the Nitric and NOx are destroyed?
Yes nitric is destroyed, I think its better just to avoid dissolve ferrous sulfate in water

Ferrous Sulphate dissolved in warm distill (or DM) water should work very well to precipitate Gold. The ferrous sulfate should be kept away from light and humidity and if possible keep it in dark colored glass bottle to prevent oxidation.

Yes nitric is destroyed, I think its better just to avoid dissolve ferrous sulfate in water
How do your Ferrous Sulfate look?
It is supposed to have a green clear color with no hint of brown in it.

Last edited:
Ferrous Sulphate dissolved in warm distill (or DM) water should work very well to precipitate Gold. The ferrous sulfate should be kept away from light and humidity and if possible keep it in dark colored glass bottle to prevent oxidation.
When dissolving Ferrous sulfate in warm water, what is the color of the water will be look like?

When dissolving Ferrous sulfate in warm water, what is the color of the water will be look like?
Do you have access to Google?
If so, why not do some research yourself??
The crystals are green and the dissolved crystals are greenish.
If any other color, filter the solution until crystal clear add a few drops sulfuric and recrystallize or use directly.

Hello
Honestly, I have a small gold extraction workshop from electronic waste. I also consult to increase the efficiency of gold and palladium extraction. Can anyone help me in the form of training and cooperation agreement?

If you adjust the pH of your solution to neutral or on the alkaline side you will also begin to precipitate base metals and I would say it would probably be much easier to precipitate platinum.

I thought we were talking about the normal precipitation of gold from a solution like aqua regia (not salt water, or caustic salt water).

Here I did mention where you could precipitate platinum with copperas at pH 7 (salt water) But in practice I do not see any reason someone would want to.
http://goldrefiningforum.com/~goldrefi/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=11945&start=120
Hi
Where has this post gone?

http://goldrefiningforum.com/~goldrefi/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=11945&start=120. ??

I was interested in Ph levels being adjusted and how this could determine precipitation.

I ask because I added some urea to a solution and them SMB, and had a precipitation.
This was not the case with some solutions without the (accidental use of urea).

MM

Hi
Where has this post gone?

http://goldrefiningforum.com/~goldrefi/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=11945&start=120. ??

I was interested in Ph levels being adjusted and how this could determine precipitation.

I ask because I added some urea to a solution and them SMB, and had a precipitation.
This was not the case with some solutions without the (accidental use of urea).

MM
If it is for learning it may be good to read, and I can not find it either.

But if you still are working on the same project.
There should not be anymore Gold or PGMs in there.
A minute amount of Gold might have been in your initial leaches,
but there are no treason to expect neither Platinum or any appreciate amount of Palladium.
If there was, it would have been long gone in one of your cementations or pH yo-yo's.

Copperas, Iron II sulfate, ferrous sulfate...degrades with time, temperature and humidity. It degrades into Iron III sulfate and Iron III oxide-hydroxide. Degradation is noted by a color change from pale green cristals to whiteish, yellowish, to brownish appearance. It should not be used. Get fresh greenish crystals. Prepare a solution by adding 50 grams of fresh Iron II sulfate in 100 ml distilled water for every 7.5 grams of expected gold. The solution will be pale green but cloudy. Heat gently, do not boil. Titrate the cloudy solution with hydochloric acid, drop by drop, until it clears. Filter the solution through a medium filter paper to remove anything isoluble such as free iron contaminants. It is now ready to use.

Back