2nd trail for processing fingers in AP

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahmadbayoumi said:
Thanks Pat :)

I got your point .. Sure saving water from the environmental point of view is required as at the end we have limited resources in our planet.

Great thinking 8)

I just though there's any technical point here but seems not

It is more about saving money in the long run.
Technical point, yes there is one. If you manage to set up sluice with large enough vessel to catch waste water this can be sucked up with pump with filter and it will be like closed loop system where you will have the same water circulating. You just need to set up and watch out filter so it will not clog up and burn your pump. Then washing will be easy and fast. It is nothing new, many people use similar set up to wash dirt in places where it is not a lot of water available, something like this:
https://prospectorschoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/mini_highbanker_070.jpg

or this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgFH4KtGwTM

but I would use much bigger vessel for water.

MarcoP said:
A blue bowl will run better with soapy water, not sure about sluice tough.

There is a hint I might try, hadn't thought about using soap in the blue bowl. I have almost 12 pounds of IC's saved up, but winter is making hard to play in the water right now.

Shark said:
MarcoP said:
A blue bowl will run better with soapy water, not sure about sluice tough.

There is a hint I might try, hadn't thought about using soap in the blue bowl. I have almost 12 pounds of IC's saved up, but winter is making hard to play in the water right now.

Jet-Dry is a better choice to break the surface tension & yes it works for running a sluice in a closed loop system (pumping your water from a reservoir)

Kurt

Attachments

• WP_20141120_002[1].jpg
    WP_20141120_002[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
Got to thinking about a sluice and realized I had one of those mini sluice in storage. I got it dug out and one of the legs is broke, should be an easy fix though. I think I will try it on the next round of IC's and see how it works out. Might be a while as the cold this year seems to extra hard on me.

Latest posts

Back