ceramic processor question

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question, sorry!
But I have a container of the concentrate sufalmic acid tile cleaner from the hardware store. That today I realized I had it. Just for future reference will it work for removing exes nitric? I know its the same stuff, but is there anything in it that will hurt?

myfalconry76 said:
Quick question, sorry!
But I have a container of the concentrate sufalmic acid tile cleaner from the hardware store. That today I realized I had it. Just for future reference will it work for removing exes nitric? I know its the same stuff, but is there anything in it that will hurt?

It should work fine.
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20553

myfalconry76 said:
Quick question, sorry!

Is it the tub of it? Crystallized or is it an aqueous bottle?

I just went and bought two tubs from home depot and noticed that they had a couple liquid bottles, thought about trying it out, but i went with the tried and true crystal form. I figured it was best to stick with what i know works, and works well at that.

http://goldrefiningforum.com/~goldrefi//phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=23767

Thats another great thread where sulfamic has been covered in great detail. It's a good one.

It's the tub! Ironically I moved all my building supplies. And sat it on some computer towers because I had no where left to put it. And just realized what it was. All the while I was thinging yesterday, I wish I had some sufalmic acid. Duh...

So I got it all dropped, I think I may have lost a bit somewhere. I ended up with 3.14g. Of powder, I started out with 35 ceramic processors. One Pentium Pro, two other gold cap Pentium that were just a little smaller than the pro. One gold cap M somethin and the rest where Intel and AMD.
Dose this seem short or am I just wishful thinking?

No disrespect is meant by this comment but the smaller the amount of gold your working with the bigger potential loses you will incur, if you had 100 grams of refined gold powder the loses would probably be the same as you have now, this is allowing for good processing techniques.
The one point to remember is that so long as your testing and keeping all the items and solutions any loses will at some point be recoverable.

nickvc said:
No disrespect is meant by this comment but the smaller the amount of gold your working with the bigger potential loses you will incur, if you had 100 grams of refined gold powder the loses would probably be the same as you have now, this is allowing for good processing techniques.
The one point to remember is that so long as your testing and keeping all the items and solutions any loses will at some point be recoverable.
I keep everything.

FrugalRefiner said:
myfalconry76 said:
I keep everything.
Don't let it get out of hand. Set up a stock pot system and process your used solutions on a regular basis or you can find yourself buried in buckets of toxic waste.

Dave
Thank you for the advice Dave. I'm still working on getting a system built of some sort. To evaporate wastes to a powder or cake, after I double check for pm! I do have a stock pot. I've used about a half gallon of hcl and about 200ml of nitric so far on two projects. I'm not in over my head yet. And will try not to be! Once again thank you, for the advice! 8)

Daves advice as usual is spot on.
It's important to keep up on your wastes, they soon become a major headache if you don't, also it keeps any values you may have lost or missed in a more easily treated form, set your system up ASAP and keep it fed and moving so you don't have to spend precious weeks treating it all later, a little attention every time your in the lab is all it takes to avoid that loss of time and trouble.

I'll vote for "don't let it get out of hand", too. I even adapted some of my processes to my habit of forgetting to turn off the bubbler in my "copper-dropper" bucket a day prior to moving that waste on to the next stage. Now I just have a settling bucket--the waste goes there, and is next up in the neutralization bucket after the copper has settled to the bottom.

Well, it could have been worse. I got 6.58g on my very first refine! The smallest button my (first attempt) turned out to test around 18kt. My second the larger one did pass 24kt. I doubt it was of high purity. I ran both through AR. The one difference is I use sulfalmic on the second larger one to dnox the nitric and it probably got rid of any lead.

Nice job bird man! I can't tell from the fuzz and glare, but it looks like a pipe on the larger button. That's a good sign.

It will only get better from here. Adopt good washing procedure on your gold powder. It makes a world of difference in the button. It's pretty neat to see how much cleaner the powder gets as it goes thru the washes. Keep it up!!

Ben

UncleBenBen said:
Nice job bird man! I can't tell from the fuzz and glare, but it looks like a pipe on the larger button. That's a good sign.

It will only get better from here. Adopt good washing procedure on your gold powder. It makes a world of difference in the button. It's pretty neat to see how much cleaner the powder gets as it goes thru the washes. Keep it up!!

Ben
Thanks, I got entry more cp scrap to go through I should have another pile to start by the end of the week. And my phones camera sucks it's real shaky. Probably from the kids and I dropping it and getting thrown a cross the room.

Latest posts

Back