chloroauric acid

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is turning to be a trasure hunt forum.. i am very sorry to brought up my findings here
i truly appreciate you guys here giving me your precious wisdom and analysis. this is a great forum with great people

i understand not to focus too much in what is valuable but instead focus to what is unknown with caution.
i had panned out my glitters in the sand maybe a year or so...tested it with acetelyne .. after a while it turned to glowing red
and melted like a blob of something gold colored...after which when it cooled down it returned to its original form again ( gold dust ) i have plenty of this material it is so visible that the ratio of one spoon full of sand is 20% of it..

it cant be eaten by nitric acid..i took it to 2 top metal refining companies for testing but the result is negative for gold.. i ask them what metal is it? they answered they have no idea...that how it is here in our country, we are lacking of proper technology in metal assaying

but i also have small quantitiy of real gold finds like for example when we were at 38 to going 39 feet we found an small incencse holder
with a couple of gram of dental gold..still attached to a teeth.
another five feet or so.. i found a 4 gram of meleted gold like a small bullet.. mixed in clay.. tested it for 21k.

i realy think that chemistry can unlock some of the mystery and at the same time warn us in upcoming health dangers.

ps
my grandfather owns the whole property since 1929
but only driven out by occupying military personel at the outbreak of the pacific war
and reclaimed it after US forces won the war.

You can learn to do some of your own testing
search for books on assaying and chemically testing of metals, analysis of anion and cations.

http://www.rod.beavon.clara.net/anions.htm

http://www.docbrown.info/page13/ChemicalTests/ChemicalTestsc.htm

http://www.mcla.edu/Undergraduate/uploads/textWidget/1712.00001/documents/Section_11.pdf

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=flame+tests+for+metals&oq=flame+tests+for+metals&aq=f&aqi=g3g-v2g-j4g-b1&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=5609l17203l1l17672l39l27l0l6l6l3l234l2904l5.13.2l21l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=214f322f61c06282&biw=1152&bih=660

Teddy, don't melt on metal. If you have any precious metal, it can stick to the spoon, (stainless steel) & then you will have trouble recovering it!
You ned to get a melting dish & coat it or glaze it with borax.

Phil

some dental gold i already cleaned with water mix in clay along the way down

Attachments

• gold teeth.JPG
    gold teeth.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 139
teddy garcia said:
some dental gold i already cleaned with water mix in clay along the way down
I think that 'tooth' is too large to be 'dental gold' if my understanding of dental gold is correct. I associate that term with human dentition. This looks more like gold holders for animal teeth. Maybe some kind of necklace.
-----
Is your assumption regarding chlorauric acid and the clay really of more interest to you than the substantial amount of gold in the tooth photo? And if so, why? You would search for gold where there is no indication of any while ignoring that which is in your hands. Curious priorities.

I think that 'tooth' is too large to be 'dental gold' if my understanding of dental gold is correct. I associate that term with human dentition. This looks more like gold holders for animal teeth. Maybe some kind of necklace.

Those are human teeth. The long one a front incisor including root.

http://www.uic.edu/classes/orla/orla312/INCISORS.htm

I was stationed at Clark AFB 25 or better years ago, quite often we would find remains, bombs, ammo, dog tags. If you are near Clark or Angles City, the POW camp is Camp O'Donnel. A Large number of US service men died there along with 3X as many Phillipino's. The Old Clark AFB still has VA administrations there taking care of the cemitary on the base. I know the gold fever is tough but do what you feel in your heart. Just my thoughts

Roger
(Ret.) MSGT USAF 1979-2000

thank you very much for the valuable precautions and advices to the nice people in this great forum !
am ok now and thankful to all ! specialy to phildreamer, again thanks and stay safe everybody !

Interesting experiment. Firstly I think if the gold was in AR and it was spilled onto clay and if the clay contained iron and other metals within the periodic table then the gold would possibly have precipitated unless it lost its chlorine factor over time. The advice on stannous chloride is excellent but I would however weigh say 10 ounces of clay and redissolve this by boiling with AR. Go through the filtration procedure and use urea to drive of the nitric then add sodiumetabisulphite to see that it precipitates.Let it settle and filter. That should give a result. But SC is a positive test. Those are my thoughts only I am not a Chemist.
donnybrook

thank you donnybrook

i read many articles about using aqua and precipitaing gold out of it from computer pins , celphones , etc etc...and i tried to do it after avery long practice and guidance from mr phildreamer, i failed twice bringing out nothing but brownish sludges and when dried and fired just evaporates..breathed some fumes and had minor acid burns in my hands..each trial process teaches me a lesson in precaution, safety and leaves me thinking on what might went wrong in my procedure..i never surrendered because i always got positive results when i test my digested solutions in stannous chloride.

i had two samples of clay in different depth levels , all had different color and properties, which i digested in AR individually
one yeilds out purple , and the other sample yeilds out yellow orange
im half finish expirementing with the purple sample now and extracted 1 almost one gram of gold in a 10 gram clay sample but i felt i could have extracted more gold if i didnt rush things ( anyway its just a trial ).. i only digested the sample in ar for half and hour, filtered it , going thru all the process finaly adding SMB but after stirring when i saw the powder drop in the bottom ( never waited long ) and dropping the Au. dring it, then firing it with torch getting elemental gold

i also discarded a lot of samples digested in AR...... the solution that might contain gold or different metals.
i will post some pictures of my expirements
i never tried ar heard AR all my life until now.. so please bear with my bo boo's and mistakes

Attachments

• DSCN4413.JPG
    DSCN4413.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 38
making AR with hydrochloric acid and nitric acid following the molar ratio

Attachments

• P1290096.JPG
    P1290096.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 37
after all the procedures adding smb in my purple result sample

Attachments

• P1290131.JPG