chloroauric acid

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i heard a cracking sound not knowing that my crucible broke after wich i turned off the heat and saw my button of gold

Attachments

• P1290154.JPG
    P1290154.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 102
here it is from a 10 gram sample of clay,
thanks to the tutorial and guidance of phildreamer and all great forumers here.
but i know this is only an experiment, got to learn more and try again.

Attachments

• P1290165.JPG
    P1290165.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 102
here it is in a closer view, ( honestly i never tested it if it was realy gold ) just kept it in my drawer

Attachments

• P1290170.JPG
    P1290170.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 102
You need melting dish it is not the same as the ceramic crucible for lab work.
I like the pictures, looks like your making good progress.

Can you get the melting dish from your area or from website's. Laser Steve sells them also.

thank you butcher ! i will do that
this are my chemicals and solutions and things
i am doing it only on sundays

Attachments

• P1290091.JPG
    P1290091.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 100
If I may advise I would like to point that you need something like catch pan on your heater. Do not heat acidic solutions in glass directly on hot plate. In case they break you may have catastrophe at hand. Not only that you will lose values, you may have splash accident and you will destroy that hot plate too. Use ceramic dish plate with sand. That will contain any spill when (not if) your glass jar break. I use square ceramic container - something like this one:
http://manila.olx.com.ph/corningware-french-white-baking-pan-4pc-iid-101029901
filled with water and with few pieces of cotton gauze like this:
http://www.globaltextiles.com/html/images/upload/tradeleads/584/583640.jpg
and my container with chemicals placed on top of that gauze.

Also if you make your stannous from anhydrous tin chloride crystals there is no need to heat that at all. Tin chloride powder will dissolve in HCl without any problem, in fact it will dissolve even in water and you can add small amount of HCl and piece of tin later to keep it fresh for longer time.

Put a flat plate of metal (or screen wire), between stove burner and your glass.

Set stove in something like tub to catch spill if glass breaks, I use fiberglass tray to set my stove on.

Nice lab, I will bet you can not wait untill sunday to be a chemist.

ha ha its my garrage butchet, i set up there
patnor 1011 thanks for valuable advices together with butcher , will follow your instructions

hello again great people

i recently tested one of my unknown ores, powder it first then i first wash with HCL for 10 minutes ( soft boil )
then decant and put my ore in AR solution
medium boil for approx 2 and a half hours
after cooling tried to swab the solution twice in a cotton and in a tissue paper in my stannous chloride
( 2grams tin powder in 30 ml of HCL )

and i get confused with the color result

since i dont know what is in my ore i guess the colors in stannous test will tell if i should heat more time to dissolve more any values?

thank you very much !P2180413.JPG

and in a doubled layer tissue paper
thank you very much
more power to all !

Attachments

• P2180480.JPG
    P2180480.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 49
what do you think sir's , shall i continue to precipitate my unknown solution? i was thinking that it might be iron sulphides or ferrous sulphides that is giving me a reddish orange solution, and a brownish yellow light orange color in stannous testing, and i am also thinking that it might had some values in it and i just didnt give it enough time to be heated or boiled, can i have some peice of advice? many thanks !

Latest posts

Back