Gold Recovery

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I raise the percentage of Au by converting Cu into Au.

I assume you’re having trouble with English, and also may be using interpreter, and you know you cannot change copper into gold. (Funny guy’s they make magic joke).
But I felt that you mean to raise gold content, and lower copper to gold ratio.

There is no reason to raise the percentage of gold in this material (it would just be a fine powder after nitric).

This material can also be used to lower the gold content of other gold, If you had some other gold that you needed to lower the karat of to 1/4 gold), as around 6K is best to try for, or about 1/4 gold,(1/4 = 6k/24k).

You have 10/100 = 1/10 gold, this being less than quarter, somewhere around 2.5 karat

As long as it is less than 6K, or one-quarter parts gold, you should not have trouble, also your silver is a fairly low content.

Hope this makes sense.

My metal contain the following metals:-
10% gold
10% silver
70% Copper
5% Iron
5% lead
If i take 10 gms of this metal for recovering gold.

i will mixed this metal with 4 gms of copper.
then i treat with nitric.
then the gold ppt will settle down.
dissolve this ppt in aqua regia.
add urea.
add HH.

can i get my gold back with this process.
OR
there is a correction in this process.
OR
if any body know the other better process.
Please tell me.
If any minor or major suggestion. tell me

I would suggest trying to dissolve the alloy in a mixture of half distilled water and half 70% nitric acid. The metals listed should dissolve away leaving the gold behind (heat will likely benefit you here). When you collect enough of the gold (which has yet to be dissolved) you can process it in aqua regia. If your description of the metals in the alloy is correct, you should be able to digest it without cutting it with copper.

4metals said:
I would suggest trying to dissolve the alloy in a mixture of half distilled water and half 70% nitric acid. The metals listed should dissolve away leaving the gold behind (heat will likely benefit you here). When you collect enough of the gold (which has yet to be dissolved) you can process it in aqua regia. If your description of the metals in the alloy is correct, you should be able to digest it without cutting it with copper.

May I also add that you can recover the silver from the nitric acid by cementation with copper sheet after you have decanted the solution away from the gold

Feeding trolls??? He does not want to learn he wants to "get it and go." He has stated as much. Telling him to use nitric acid without identifying the dangers is not the best for him or other new members. Again he has only expressed and interest in being spoon fed a sufficient amount of information to satisfy his greed for gold.

This is not aimed at any forum member, just a general comment.

4metals said:
is the small percentage of gold or presence of other metals stops recovering gold?

Yash said:
i don't want to read books, search the process, etc. because i want to save my time. and if i read books, search, etc. may i not get the right process which recovery gold from this type of metal.

Yash,
Look at these numbers,
Last visited: January 26th, 2012, 9:21 am
You have been a member here for 29 hours.

Now it would have taken only 1 hour to completely read Hokes chapter on refining gold and then you would have learned you could just put your metal straight into nitric acid to remove all metals in your description.
The nitric acid will dissolve all the silver, copper, iron and zinc. But it will not dissolve the gold.
You filter off the liquid and process the remaining gold powder as you feel fit to.
Also you add a piece of copper in the leftover nitric acid solution to recover any silver in it.

If you were not so lazy to read you could be looking at a nice gold button right now instead of getting mad that I said you are just lazy.
READ the book
Tom C.

edit: I apologize in advance to anyone that didn't like my choice of words.

niteliteone said:
Yash said:
i don't want to read books, search the process, etc. because i want to save my time. and if i read books, search, etc. may i not get the right process which recovery gold from this type of metal.

Yash,
Look at these numbers,
Last visited: January 26th, 2012, 9:21 am
You have been a member here for 29 hours.

Now it would have taken only 1 hour to completely read Hokes chapter on refining gold and then you would have learned you could just put your metal straight into nitric acid to remove all metals in your description.
The nitric acid will dissolve all the silver, copper, iron and zinc. But it will not dissolve the gold.
You filter off the liquid and process the remaining gold powder as you feel fit to.
Also you add a piece of copper in the leftover nitric acid solution to recover any silver in it.

If you were not so lazy to read you could be looking at a nice gold button right now instead of getting mad that I said you are just lazy.
READ the book
Tom C.

edit: I apologize in advance to anyone that didn't like my choice of words.

niteliteone: OUTSTANDING reply!

Tom, great choice of words for someone that takes words of advice from the people that obviously hold the knowledge he seeks and then throws it back at them with I don't want to...

if i mix 4gms of gold in the metal.can it raise the percentage of gold. if the percentage of gold raise to 50% .so it would be easy to recover.

Yash said:
if i mix 4gms of gold in the metal.can it raise the percentage of gold. if the percentage of gold raise to 50% .so it would be easy to recover.

Sure, why not just add enough gold to bring the percentage up to 99.9%?
That is the easy way to refine gold.

Jim

This appears to be a classic case of a reader having something in mind, and will have no part of having it taken from him, wrong as it may be.

We can lead them to water, but we can't make them drink. If they refuse, let them go thirsty. Do not waste your valuable time trying to make someone understand when they're already way, way, way too clever to hear anything but that which they hope to hear.

Harold

i am new in this site. i had conversation with intelligent people some taunting me and some clear my many confustion. :p

Latest posts

Back