Hello - seeking advice!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is very controversial...
it’s too long and difficult to convert them into a real resource
when war came to us in 2022, these things were absolutely useless.
fuel, food, medicine and weapons for self-defense were in demand.
and you can’t exchange such boards for the things you need.
if you die suddenly, your heirs are unlikely to be able to sell them for the price you would get...

You are not just rambling so no need to apologize ;)

You are asking for help & advice & doing a very good job of asking for that help & advice (IMO)

We have some of the worlds very best in this business here on this forum & though we can't tell you exactly what you should do what we can do is based on our own experience is guide you in a good direction to help you in making better choices in coming to discissions that best fit your situation

At least that is our hope & purpose - to help people like you find the answers to what will best fit your situation;):D(y)

And so we thank you for posting & asking about "your situation" :cool:

Have to head out the door for work right now

Kurt

As Kurt say.
We are here to help but the one that can provide us with the information to help you, is yourself.
And so far you have done well.

And in the end you are the one that need to take the decisions on how to proceed ;)
Thank you. I will attempt to post a video on YouTube by this evening - or tomorrow morning. I will link it both here and in the forsale section. Hopefully then we can properly point my foolish efforts in the right direction at least ha!
You raise a good point in the possibility of holding stuff Shark. I've got a whole heap of material that I bought when gold was 48% of what it is today.
I am considering sitting on it - although the idea of paying storage fees Indefinitely is not appealing at 200$ a month it has completely filled a 12x25 room. Although i could extract the boards from the computers and test equipment and reduce the footprint - things I’ll consider -

Attachments

• IMG_5389.jpeg
    IMG_5389.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
this is very controversial...
it’s too long and difficult to convert them into a real resource
when war came to us in 2022, these things were absolutely useless.
fuel, food, medicine and weapons for self-defense were in demand.
and you can’t exchange such boards for the things you need.
if you die suddenly, your heirs are unlikely to be able to sell them for the price you would get...
I have no heirs to consider - and while I live in the heart of the empire and do not know of wars first hand - I am from poverty - and that informs my perspective for better or for worse.
This is not the biggest ticket I’ve come across- I’m 37 years old and not so bright eyed and bushy tailed anymore. So I understand taking what is available when it is available and moving on as a practical way to move through life.
This is just a choice - I’ll probably win out either way…I suppose it’s a question of how much I want to invest - I see cash as time - saves time when you pay for services or tools that you need that expedite processes you’re involved in. And when you don’t have it / it cost time to get it.

You raise a good point in the possibility of holding stuff Shark. I've got a whole heap of material that I bought when gold was 48% of what it is today.
I know the feeling. I have silver bars that I bought back when they sold at pawn shops for $5 to $6 an ounce. I did sell several back in the late 70's when prices hit the mid $30 range, and went right back to buying them a few weeks later when prices crashed. Funny thing is I am not a "stacker" I just find the art type bars pleasant to look at. And may be useful if things go bad like anarxi mentioned.

There is always the option to just sit on it and hope the prices go up. In eWaste refining I was just not good at that. I recovered and refined the gold, and sold it. The profit came from the cost of the outlay versus the selling price. One time I broke even and it taught me that some items are worth just moving on down the line and using that money to make better purchases. This weekend I will be moving out the last of my collected boards. While they are nothing special I will be sending them on down the road rather than processing them myself. Most business models today teach that a 10 to 15 percent profit is a good business. If you spend 1000 to make 1250 that is a 25 percent profit and is considered a very successful business model. Of course a one time deal isn't a business but most one time deals aren't worth setting up a full blown business over. So the loss perceived is a non issue. Selling for a price that makes you happy for covering your time and cost is the way I would go, and move on looking for the next "deal of a lifetime". Just another option to consider.
Prices from old electronics went up year after year so there is a good chance that this will proceed for a while.
There is also the prices from gold that keep rising and I think getting the gold out will get easier as well right?

I don't see getting the gold out becoming any easier. The current trend with all the green stuff is making it harder and causing more losses for the average small guy. Current advances in electronics is getting away from precious metals and making it harder to get hold of good material.

I don't see getting the gold out becoming any easier. The current trend with all the green stuff is making it harder and causing more losses for the average small guy. Current advances in electronics is getting away from precious metals and making it harder to get hold of good material.
I think he possibly meant that others will further the process along and add to the knowledge base - ultimately making it “easier” for those that wish to extract and refine.

I didn’t get a chance to take comprehensive, coherent photos of the lot - I work too much and it’s really a decently sized task to undertake. I did get a chance to snap a few shots of all of these boards/ they appear to have been expansions cards of some sort but I can’t really find much info on them….
Gold cap semiconductors? Motorola -
Some ic with gold legs..I cracked one open and the gold plated legs run all the way through .. for such small boards they are quite decently weighted - especially the ones that haven’t had their …I guess those aren’t fingers technically ? Cut off -

Edit - the name is the company is “EECoLog IC “. Written in that way exactly

Attachments

• IMG_5416.jpeg
    IMG_5416.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5443.jpeg
    IMG_5443.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5441.jpeg
    IMG_5441.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5442.jpeg
    IMG_5442.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5439.jpeg
    IMG_5439.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5440.jpeg
    IMG_5440.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5438.jpeg
    IMG_5438.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5437.jpeg
    IMG_5437.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5436.jpeg
    IMG_5436.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5435.jpeg
    IMG_5435.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5434.jpeg
    IMG_5434.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5433.jpeg
    IMG_5433.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5420.jpeg
    IMG_5420.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5432.jpeg
    IMG_5432.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5418.jpeg
    IMG_5418.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5419.jpeg
    IMG_5419.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5421.jpeg
    IMG_5421.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5422.jpeg
    IMG_5422.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5423.jpeg
    IMG_5423.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5424.jpeg
    IMG_5424.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5425.jpeg
    IMG_5425.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5427.jpeg
    IMG_5427.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5428.jpeg
    IMG_5428.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5431.jpeg
    IMG_5431.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Prices from old electronics went up year after year so there is a good chance that this will proceed for a while.
There is also the prices from gold that keep rising and I think getting the gold out will get easier as well right?
I suppose everyone has moved on but I’ll keep posting and building my case for 1lb of gold

Attachments

• IMG_5519.jpeg
    IMG_5519.jpeg
    300.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5518.jpeg
    IMG_5518.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
that is, they offered you seven,
but you want thirty-seven.
I think the truth lies somewhere
in the middle.
:)
Nah I don’t want 37 - then they would have no incentive to purchase. But if there was 37 in there I’d certainly have to rethink some things

Nah I don’t want 37 - then they would have no incentive to purchase. But if there was 37 in there I’d certainly have to rethink some things

Attachments

• IMG_5546.jpeg
    IMG_5546.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5537.jpeg
    IMG_5537.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5472.jpeg
    IMG_5472.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5478.jpeg
    IMG_5478.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5483.jpeg
    IMG_5483.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5489.jpeg
    IMG_5489.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5490.jpeg
    IMG_5490.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5454.jpeg
    IMG_5454.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5456.jpeg
    IMG_5456.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5459.jpeg
    IMG_5459.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
You have very good material, but you also need to see the other side....taking apart that amount of material, sorting it, separate and classify everything before even thinking of how to process each batch is a monumental task and take a lot of time...

Just for example.....if it takes 32h combined (4x8 working hours) to separate and classify material (board containing same type components and so on, but not taking the components from the boards) and you can earn in the same amount of time x USD, you have to consider that money expenses which have to be regained after all the valuables are recovered.

Picking all the components from the boards take even longer time...and money (if you calculate electricity, time, tools and so on)... money which needs to be recovered from the valuables....

If you sell high, no one will buy it, since there is no margin to recover the investments and make profit whatsoever...time is the most valuable in this case....

If you earn x USD in that amount of time, why waste time on recovering...invest money in materials, equipments, put yourself to the health risks....to lose money at the end?.....I don`t think any sane person will make that investment...

I for one, i keep and only process the very high yield materials......and sell off all the rest for a small profit (8-10-15% in some cases)...not worth the effort and time to invest in recovery, and i have budget to reinvest asap.

Not intended to offend anyone, this is just how I make my purchases, time is money, I rather play with my kids, than neglect them to lose money...

A good business is when both parties are happy with the results...

There is another way to do business if both parties agree....but this only is valid if both parties are correct and honest....You can agree a price offered by the buyer, and if the estimated results of the buyer undercut (edited) the real recovered value, the difference is split 70-30 to the buyer so you can get an additional 30% income and not feel cheated....

This rarely works though...

Hope this helps...

Pete

Last edited:
You have very good material, but you also need to see the other side....taking apart that amount of material, sorting it, separate and classify everything before even thinking of how to process each batch is a monumental task and take a lot of time...

Just for example.....if it takes 32h combined (4x8 working hours) to separate and classify material (board containing same type components and so on, but not taking the components from the boards) and you can earn in the same amount of time x USD, you have to consider that money expenses which have to be regained after all the valuables are recovered.

Picking all the components from the boards take even longer time...and money (if you calculate electricity, time, tools and so on)... money which needs to be recovered from the valuables....

If you sell high, no one will buy it, since there is no margin to recover the investments and make profit whatsoever...time is the most valuable in this case....

If you earn x USD in that amount of time, why waste time on recovering...invest money in materials, equipments, put yourself to the health risks....to lose money at the end?.....I don`t think any sane person will make that investment...

I for one, i keep and only process the very high yield materials......and sell off all the rest for a small profit (8-10-15% in some cases)...not worth the effort and time to invest in recovery, and i have budget to reinvest asap.

Not intended to offend anyone, this is just how I make my purchases, time is money, I rather play with my kids, than neglect them to lose money...

There is another way to do business if both parties agree....but this only is valid if both parties are correct and honest....You can agree a price offered by the buyer, and if the estimated results of the buyer undercut (edited) the real recovered value, the difference is split 70-30 to the buyer so you can get an additional 30% income and not feel cheated....

Hope this helps...

Pete
He’s buying a shredder and throwing all the boards in and then sifting out the components on a shaker table - atleast that’s what he’s told me.
I understand how much time it takes. I just spent 2 months 7 days a week 8 hrs a day loading / organizing / researching / compartmentalizing the most valuable pieces / posting packaging fielding questions looking for answers on different forums etc etc. I understand work. I farm. That’s a 24/7 job in the on season - you’re always behind cause there’s more to do than can be done by one person. I have no problem making sure the other parties benefit in my dealings - I am just so so so new to the whole idea of escrapping - and this is a very unique lot - it’s like being thrown in the deep end. And im extremely aware that for every one good person out there looking for a deal there’s 4 more behind him looking for a steal - I just want to make sure I understand what I have before I shake hands on it /
iWhether anyone wants to admit it or not - I am prime pickings for someone to come up on - a total rookie sitting on the stash of an 87 year old’s hoarde of govt auctions and “right place right times” during an era that a lot of people dream about being active in…I don’t know - just trying to make sure I do everything I can to understand what I’m about to let go of. No harm in that

Hope this helps...

Pet

Attachments

• IMG_5666.jpeg
    IMG_5666.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5642.jpeg
    IMG_5642.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 1F9D3F6C-70B9-483E-869E-B0720F02EA9B.jpeg
    1F9D3F6C-70B9-483E-869E-B0720F02EA9B.jpeg
    968.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5603.jpeg
    IMG_5603.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5602.jpeg
    IMG_5602.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5518.jpeg
    IMG_5518.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5513.jpeg
    IMG_5513.jpeg
    514.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5488.jpeg
    IMG_5488.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5478.jpeg
    IMG_5478.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5404.jpeg
    IMG_5404.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
also what’s going on with this forum - not one of you guys have just encouraged me to learn how to process this stuff myself.

I run a 3000 plants operations from clone to to harvest- built out complex air moving systems to accommodate fluctuating moisture content in drying product, developed novel pest management controls and feeding programs that involved new to me substrates - I’m familiar with cation exchanges and molecular biology In terms of resource exchange in the rhizosphere - soil structure analysis - lots of stuff - not thru and truly educated but mostly self taught and successful enough to know I’m not an idiot / where’s the spirit here ?

Last edited:
also what’s going on with this forum - not one of you guys have just encouraged me to learn how to process this stuff myself.

I run a 3000 plants operations from clone to to harvest- built out complex air moving systems to accommodate fluctuating moisture content in drying product, developed novel pest management controls and feeding programs that involved new to me substrates - I’m familiar with cation exchanges and molecular biology In terms of resource exchange in the rhizosphere - soil structure analysis - lots of stuff - not thru and truly educated but mostly self taught and successful enough to know I’m not an idiot / where’s the spirit here ?
The spirit is, that it may be easier and more economically sound to sell most of the items.
Processing this amount of material comprises a substantial investment and if there is no more material coming in,
it might not be viable to go that route.

We can certainly help you to study the processing end of things too.
But be warned it is a long and windy road.

I agree, especially since I have another new grand daughter that just arrived yesterday morning. Holding her is worth more than any dollar.
Congratulations, nothing compares to these small wonders that will become our future.
I have 3 girls, but they are well on their way to become proper ladies :oops:

Latest posts

Back