IC chips gold recovery

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for your answer re the Ozone, so on to the next question, would increasing the volume of air put into the bath also risk dissolving gold ?
or
Could the physical agitation effect of extra air be useful in the process so that a greater area is available for the chemical reaction to happen.
Thanks For your next reply Too,
Dealing with Electro-refining slime's is a lot further down the process than these stages I am talking about. At this stage I am dabbling with the design of process for collecting the basic metals from leaching, and then Electro winning/refining the copper out before proceeding to the slime's treatment progressively through to the gold.
In fact looking at it deeper, because I would end up processing slime's eventually extra gold dissolved because of the ozone (if it was substantial) would not matter, as long as it was not lost during my other process steps.

I am trying to achieve a happy mix of using what I have available Free as my method.
And now a extra question if I can, a Safety related one, do you know of any one having problem with getting polonium as a by product when using Ewaste as the feed stock?
When I was employed every now and again because of the original ore. polonium levels could rise high enough that refined copper had to be rested until level fell to accepted standards. Does this ever occur when Ewaste is processed ?

Takk skal du ha ( I think it means thank You)​

Much of the initial hurdles of this kind of work is to sort out the material and the processes suited for that kind of material.

In this it is also a subject of volume, not all material is worth chasing if you do not have access to sufficient volumes.
Additionally what kind of material to "walk away" from.

In the first stages one tend to try all kinds of processes and materials, which is fine as educational steps, but may not be wise for processing if money is a part of the equation.

Yag I posted in the wrong thread somehow, the post about using an ozone generator and said thank you in a firing language then you responded that’s correct w/ a smiley face emoji
Correct thread, and it is plain old Norwegian, nothing alien about that :)

Hi/Hei ,
sorry to have started a bit of a language rukus, I really only meant it as a genuine thank you for a person who had gone beyond the call of duty and at an astonishing hour for where he lives. so I cut and pasted what ended up formatted loud,
Now again in normal format and in English,
Thank You

Hi/Hei ,
sorry to have started a bit of a language rukus, I really only meant it as a genuine thank you for a person who had gone beyond the call of duty and at an astonishing hour for where he lives. so I cut and pasted what ended up formatted loud,
Now again in normal format and in English,
Thank You
Language issues can cause some disruption, but the vast majority of active users already know that we are international, and we make allowances for that.

Enjoy.

Time for more coffee.

All in all, these steps are in fact the ones used industrially. But it isn´t one sentence, but whole book chapter each :) and some key points are excluded here, like treatment of the mixed metal melt to eliminate problematic elements like lead and tin before electrorefining can even be planned. This pyrometallurgical (or hydrometallurgical) cleaning stage is probably the most difficult step, and because of proprietary methods, not very much is known publically. There are some general reactive pyrometallurgy techniques, but all in all it is very similar to PGM refining :)
Hi,
Regarding chapters of information regards treating mixed metal feed stock to eliminate problem elements could you possibly indicate where I could find some chapters to study? I have been slowly putting together and testing my methods - considering and then trying out improvements - (this is what led to the question regards Ozone further in this subject . I am still thinking this might be viable with specific controlled input feed. )
Regards actually doing anything hands on I always start with researching and setting up a logic diagram, from which I then setup a check list of step by step procedure,
Accidents don't just happen without precursors!
Just as a indication of my general aims and methods my main asset is a free supply of DC power from PV and location,- I am on rural land near the edge of desert country.
This does-not mean I take short cuts with safety or dis-regard laws on disposal of waste products. IN fact the fragile nature of the local environment means I take serious account of what is left and how to treat and keep it. In fact ambient temperatures make it easy to use solar distillation to turn large volumes of treated waste into far smaller volumes of salts and solids and reusable water
What I have operating with in reasonable reliability so far is a system that gets me approx 99% pure copper and slimes that contain among metals PMs to process further down the track. At this stage these are stored. As the place where I worked in the past did not use proprietary methods for slimes my logic diagram for treatment and refining will be very similar.
Thanks in advance if you can help,

Latest posts

Back