Iridium

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lino1406 said:
Ashir, the large amount is suspected of having not noble ingredients. Re-dissolve a part and precipitate with less active reducer

Thanks it's looking like iron, I will keep you inform as zinc cementation complete
And having trouble to get oxon, khso4 can be used instead of khso5?

Thanks, we have to stop further processes until oxone is avail.
Zinc cemented black pgm,
nitric= negative for PD(not checked for silver yet)
Aqua regia = precipitate yellow PT salt.
Resedue =stopped for oxone
Sulfuric = precipitate black powder but still under process as acid is not clear
Will post pics

1.Sediment from sulfuric acid may include palladium and silver, worthwhile to check
2.If iridium is present you shall find it even before oxone application, same for Rh

We stop further process until oxone shipped!
It can be present in AR , but we cemented everything from AR with zinc, and residue from zinc cementation is most likely be IR, we will practice it first with oxone,

Despite the difficulty, as chlorides play the initial stage in stannous chloride test, with
IrCl3 = olive green should be present

Lino1406 said:
Despite the difficulty, as chlorides play the initial stage in stannous chloride test, with
IrCl3 = olive green should be present

Stopped before the end some issues in oxone avaiblity and got some job issues. Restarting a small sample again from start to end, is there any substitute to oxonethat I can avail easily?
Wish to complete the thread
Thanks

I need to stress that if iridium is present in nano size, it will emerge even without, so qualitatively you'll have the answer. The use of oxone is for completing the process

Lino1406 said:
Ashir, the large amount is suspected of having not noble ingredients. Re-dissolve a part and precipitate with less active reducer

Any other names of oxone or the places where it can be find by its uses?

Potassium peroxo mono sulphate, Potassium salt of Caro's acid H2SO5
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4610865.html

Lino1406 said:
1.Sediment from sulfuric acid may include palladium and silver, worthwhile to check
2.If iridium is present you shall find it even before oxone application, same for Rh
Can you explain it please

Lino1406 said:

Can you explain more?

1. Palladium sulphate and silver sulphate have some solubility. Can be checked e.g. by saturation with sodium acetate
2. Iridium and rhodium will show if they're in the nano sizes (personal experience)

Lino1406 said:
1. Palladium sulphate and silver sulphate have some solubility. Can be checked e.g. by saturation with sodium acetate
2. Iridium and rhodium will show if they're in the nano sizes (personal experience)

Will get more guide from you as I decant h2so4. Thanks alot

Latest posts

Back