Looking for learning,

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my place, I can buy this torch also for soldering cooper, maximun temp 1200'C but all the shop owner said that it can not melt gold, so could you please share me your equipment, which model? maximun temp?

I see you are experience with gold quantity and purity, could you please share me the efficient ways to make higher level of gold ( 90 -> 99)
I'm very appreciate!
There are many torches out there that may melt the Gold.
The ones you have showed us should do.
You need to make sure you get more heat in than goes out.
Protect the melting dish with some form of insulation.

Regarding purity that is a result of the refining and using clean melting dishes.

I'm still learning, thanks to this community.

In addition, gold raw materials are quite expensive (I mainly have Soviet radio components and modern Russian ones from their weapons, which were either captured or are remnants of missiles).

I usually buy raw materials from online auctions.

We have to fight for lots with competitors :) + delivery.
the best result with gold is obtained by the first precipitation with iron sulfate + copper
then washing the sediment in water with decantation..
re-dissolution
hydrazine precipitation.

In addition, gold raw materials are quite expensive (I mainly have Soviet radio components and modern Russian ones from their weapons, which were either captured or are remnants of missiles).

the best result with gold is obtained by the first precipitation with iron sulfate + copper
re-dissolution
hydrazine precipitation.
I thought Hydrazine was not recommended by two reasons.
First, it may be/are carcinogenic.
Secondly, it is not selective as far as I understand.

I thought Hydrazine was not recommended by two reasons.
First, it may be/are carcinogenic.
Secondly, it is not selective as far as I understand.
Yes, you are right, but hydrazine is popular among us and inexpensive.
In general, there is little point in fighting for the purity of gold.
you are still paid for your maintenance, you can bring a bar of say 10 grams, even 500 fine, you will still be paid for 5 grams of gold.
and the difference in the price of gold in such a gold bar or bar with a purity of 999 is noticeable only if you donate hundreds of grams.

There are many torches out there that may melt the Gold.
The ones you have showed us should do.
You need to make sure you get more heat in than goes out.
Protect the melting dish with some form of insulation.

Regarding purity that is a result of the refining and using clean melting dishes.

re-dissolution
hydrazine precipitation.
I've never use iron sulfate but use SMB in both solid and liquid and my opinion is SMB in liquid get better precipitation ( picture). I stirred 3 spoons of SMB into distilled water, boiled it, let it cool, then mixed it into AR. As a result, the gold fell faster, the water became clearer faster, and the gold clumped into larger clumps.

Attachments

• IMG_0133.jpeg
    IMG_0133.jpeg
    1.4 MB
Yes, you are right, but hydrazine is popular among us and inexpensive.
In general, there is little point in fighting for the purity of gold.
you are still paid for your maintenance, you can bring a bar of say 10 grams, even 500 fine, you will still be paid for 5 grams of gold.
and the difference in the price of gold in such a gold bar or bar with a purity of 999 is noticeable only if you donate hundreds of grams.
Well, if you do it strictly for the money, you are of course correct.

There are however groups with other motives in this forum.
Many that do it mainly for the joy and pride to get it as pure as possible.
The same is for the ones that do it to make a usable product.
To obtain the required purity to make usable alloys it is essential that you keep the unknown factors as few as possible.

Latest posts

Back