PLEASE I NEED HELP ITS REALY S.O.S

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALON 1969

HELLO DEAR FRIENDS..MY NAME IS ALON IM FROM ISRAEL AND SOORY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH..I HOPE YOUL ANDERSTAND ME..MY PROBLEM IS: I DID GOLD RECOVER AND AFTER THIS GOLD REFINE AND EVRY THING LOOKD GOOD MAYBE I PUT TO MUC NITRIC ACID WITH THE HYDROCHLORIC ACID TO HAVE AQUA RIGIA IN THE END OF PROSCES I PUT LITELL BIT SULFURIK ACID TO DISLOVED ANY LEAD..THE SOLUTOIN WASS COOL I FILTER WITH BUCHNER FUNNEL AND THE COLOR OF THE SOLUTOION WASS VERY NICE CRYSTAL YELOW THE PROBLEM START WHEN I ADD THE S.M.B(SODIOM METALBISLUFITE) TO DROP AND PRINCIPEIT THE GOLD FROM THE SOLUTOIN BUT WHAT HAPEND IS AN AGRESIV RECTOIN WITH NOICE SSSSSSS LIKE BOIL AND RUN A WAY SITUATOIN AND STRONG RED FUMES GET FROM THE SOLUTOIN AND THE COLOR CHANGED TO RED\ORANG..I LEFT IT LIKE THIS AND I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPEND AND HOW I CAN FIX IT..PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP..LOT OF THANKS FOR RESPONDING ME...ALON

Hi Alon,

you should really have studied a bit more before starting refining. And please, don't post in all caps, it's really hard to read.

What you are missing is denoxing. You need to get rid of the excess nitric acid or the gold will just redissolve while emitting a lot of red poisonous fumes. Read more about it in the library section.

Göran

thank you dear friend im new here and its littel hard to me to find what i have to do..someone told me to put orea but he dont sure..im realy dont know what to do and if ilost the gold that wass on the solutoin..thanks..alon

Take it easy, as long as you don't throw anything away your gold is safe.

Put the beakers away in a safe spot with a loose cover, AR breaks down and builds up pressure if you keep it in a closed vessel.

Urea is no longer recommended for denoxing solutions, there are better methods. Use the search function and look for "denoxing" and read the library section.

And while you are at it, look up testing for gold and stannous, then you could answer that question yourself if the gold is in solution or not.

Göran

And read the rules of the forum!!!

I have removed your other post. One of the rules is no double posts.

Göran

lot of thanks to you but my english is not good so thers lot of words that i dont know the meaning..if some one can tel me what ill have to do or what to put on the solutoin ill be happy..i even dont know what is denoxing means..so please if you culd tell me what to do it will be graet..lot of thanks to you for responding me...alon

I would really like to help you out and Goran knows the answer very well.

The simple reason he is not telling you is that you might do something else and end up with an accident.

If you could show a picture that you are doing this in a fume hood I will tell you the answer. :p

please if you can tell me about the "there are better methods" so what you offer me to do..thanks for respond

hi..i promis to you to do exectly what you will tell me..im work with gloves googles and respirator musck..i dont have fum huds im working in my back yard outside..please i need help

autumnwillow said:
I would really like to help you out and Goran knows the answer very well.

The simple reason he is not telling you is that you might do something else and end up with an accident.

If you could show a picture that you are doing this in a fume hood I will tell you the answer. :p

im working outdoor with full gear for my safety dont wory..please tell me what to do..ill be glad for your respond..alon

ALON 1969 said:
lot of thanks to you but my english is not good so thers lot of words that i dont know the meaning..if some one can tel me what ill have to do or what to put on the solutoin ill be happy..i even dont know what is denoxing means..so please if you culd tell me what to do it will be graet..lot of thanks to you for responding me...alon
When you find a word you don't understand, use the search function.

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/search.php?keywords=denoxing&terms=all&author=&sv=0&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

If you have a hard time with the English you should call a friend or relative that can help you out. Google translate is also used by members which have problem with the English language.

I could probably tell you what to do but if you don't understand what is already written on the forum what guarantees that you understand me?

We will help you, but you need to put some work in yourself. With so many members on this forum we have no way of guiding everyone in detail.

If someone want's to do it on the other hand, it's up to them. I've helped some Swedish members on a one by one basis and I know it happens now and then that members invites other to show how it's done. Maybe some of our Israeli members could help you.

And if autumnwillow would like to help you that's okay by me.

But generally, the more you show that you made an effort to read and learn, the more likelihood that you will receive help.

Göran

ok ghoran.so i understand that my problem is to much nitric acid on the solutoin and i need to use sulfamic acid..of cours ill learn all that i have to do safetly...please if thers any one that could help me with this prosses ill be glad and if thers here israelis member ill be thanks full for your help..alon...im realy desperd now..sorry :oops:

Alon

Unfortunately the methods you will read will guide you through the proper way to recover the gold from the acid solution if you made it properly, as you did not do it properly it is difficult to just say do A,B, & C and all will be fine. It all depends on exactly what you did.

As Goran pointed out you have added too much nitric acid. You never said what material you started this process with so it is difficult to give you decent advice. Do you have a little acid, as in 100CC or liters of acid? It matters.

If you started with a scrap type, like karat gold, which is high in gold content, you will proceed differently than if you started with gold filled material.

So answer these 5 questions;

What material did you start with?

What was the weight you started with?

How much Hydrochloric Acid did you use?

How much Nitric Acid did you use?

Do you have a solution of stannous chloride to test your solution?

I realize you have a difficult time with English but this is a forum in which English is spoken. You have gotten yourself into trouble and now you are here asking for help. Normally members who behave this way are banned rather quickly. Since others have begun to assist you I think it best to let it continue forward. Don't tell us again about your language barrier, just answer the 5 questions asked and you will get answers on how to deal with this.

4metals said:
Alon

Unfortunately the methods you will read will guide you through the proper way to recover the gold from the acid solution if you made it properly, as you did not do it properly it is difficult to just say do A,B, & C and all will be fine. It all depends on exactly what you did.

As Goran pointed out you have added too much nitric acid. You never said what material you started this process with so it is difficult to give you decent advice. Do you have a little acid, as in 100CC or liters of acid? It matters.

If you started with a scrap type, like karat gold, which is high in gold content, you will proceed differently than if you started with gold filled material.

So answer these 5 questions;

What material did you start with?

What was the weight you started with?

lot of thanks dear 4metals..i recoverd 535 grams of memory card gold finger..i did the a.p solution and evry thing wass good i tok the foils with the filter and put it on 5 liter beaker..i add 700ml of hydrochloric acid and put it on low heat after thet i put around370 ml of nitric acid i coocked it like an 70 minutes and turn of the heating and left it cool outdoor when the solution cool for littel i add 30 ml of sulfuric acid and left it cool like 90 minutes..i riens it with distild water and filter it with buchner funnel.i had like 1200ml of solutoin thet cool on 3liter beaker. when i put the first s.m.b spoon ther was a reacthion and wass noice sssssss and its like boild and runaway littel bit and ther was red strong fumes when i add the s.m.b...now the solution changed the color from very nice crystal yelow to red\orang..i puted like tree tea spoon of s.m.b...now its in safe place i did not doing any thing until ill know exectly what to do...lot of thanks for helping me dear friend

How much Hydrochloric Acid did you use?

How much Nitric Acid did you use?

Do you have a solution of stannous chloride to test your solution?

I realize you have a difficult time with English but this is a forum in which English is spoken. You have gotten yourself into trouble and now you are here asking for help. Normally members who behave this way are banned rather quickly. Since others have begun to assist you I think it best to let it continue forward. Don't tell us again about your language barrier, just answer the 5 questions asked and you will get answers on how to deal with this.
lot of thanks dear 4metals..i recoverd 535 grams of memory card gold finger..i did the a.p solution and evry thing wass good i tok the foils with the filter and put it on 5 liter beaker..i add 700ml of hydrochloric acid and put it on low heat after thet i put around370 ml of nitric acid i coocked it like an 70 minutes and turn of the heating and left it cool outdoor when the solution cool for littel i add 30 ml of sulfuric acid and left it cool like 90 minutes..i riens it with distild water and filter it with buchner funnel.i had like 1200ml of solutoin thet cool on 3liter beaker. when i put the first s.m.b spoon ther was a reacthion and wass noice sssssss and its like boild and runaway littel bit and ther was red strong fumes when i add the s.m.b...now the solution changed the color from very nice crystal yelow to red\orang..i puted like tree tea spoon of s.m.b...now its in safe place i did not doing any thing until ill know exectly what to do...lot of thanks for helping me dear friend

i did not had stannous test..i dont have it..i could buy it only on sunday its passover holyday in israel

Hi Alon!
VERY IMPORTANT! The respirator you have will not protect you from the red nitric fumes! No respirator will. Make sure the wind is blowing from your left or right side so you don't get any fumes!
artart47.

This can easily be solved, but not with your lack of knowledge and experience. Those max 5g gold can wait and they are not worth getting hurt. Without any experience chances are high that you will get a boil over and lose a lot of your values. Put it a safe place and spend some weeks of reading the forum. Maybe then you will decide to spend even more time only reading.

You have used about 360ml too much nitric. And you have very little gold in those one point three litres of liquid. If you try to fix this by a couple of answers you will let it boil over and/or you will not find your gold because neither you will know where it is nor what it looks like.

ALON 1969 said:
thank you for this informatoin..so what kinde of musck filter i need ? thanks for respond

Once again, filter mask is NO option. Stop that. Read.

Use 4metal's link to the Library and start reading!

Latest posts

Back