PLEASE I NEED HELP ITS REALY S.O.S

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ALON, you desperately need stannous.

And also read search and read the forum for situations like yours.

You should let the solution sit for a few days or more (after a few days, shine a light through the solution and check the turpidity of it. -if there are still miniscule particles afloat, give it a VERY gentle stir a few laps around the beaker, then let it sit a day or two more.
-*Hoke suggests leaving solutions sit for days sometimes*-

The amound of smb you used was/is almost enough to drop a troy pound of gold. How much smb you use, should be based upon the amount of gold you expect to reduce out of solution -it is NOT- correlated to the entire volume of solution. If you have 5 grams in 50 ml or 5 grams in 5000, its still 5 grams of smb thats required, that is all, an excess will just give you grief.

I don't mean for this to sound rude -but-
You must do YOUR due diligence, and read.
The forum frowns upon those who don't at least make an effort to try.
I understand the language barrier may make that a bit difficult. Especially when under duress, like when you know there is gold but you just cant get it. But, taking preventative steps (by securing knowledge via reading the forums thousands of threads and Hokes books) will make it so you can observe and react to what your solution is doing, instead of having to wait for a reply, which might not come for awhile, if at all.

The links and book we have adamantly tried to get you to read, would have given you every answer you have posed in this thread -and SOO many more that you haven't even thought of/encountered yet- ..but you will, if you so choose to continue this field of study (that is very much what refining is, studying)

Again, I dont mean to sound discouraging, but, while you are waiting for your solution to complete its next step, research and read up on what should be happening. That way you have a good idea od what to expect, and what you can do. It will save you from stressing out in the end, waiting eagerly for a reply, but yet every thing you need is already in front of you.

I hope you take this reply and use it, learn from it and the other constructive criticisms, for that is how we grow as people -to learn from our mistakes, prevent future problems from happening whenever it is in our power to stop or avoid them.

Hopefully we hear from you soon with all the good things you have learned and want to show off to us.

I eagerly await *that* reply 8)

-topher, the teacher's aide

hello dear friends
updates with phtos:
HELLO EVRY ONE.ILL UPDATE YOU LIKE I PROMISED.this is photos of the solutoin with the gold i droped to the botom of the beaker..i didnot syphone it yet becous i want to ask something befor...

20160505_194154.jpg

View attachment 2

20160505_194144.jpg

i have a crucibal dish and i have this item that i upload on this foto..what you recomended me to melt after ill wash the solution ?

20160505_194237.jpg

You have a ways to go before you melt, assuming you dont want to lose any gold. Or melt impure gold.

Search "Harold_v's washing technique" and follow.those steps.

Is the.solution *perfectly* crystal clear? Or does it still appear as if there is gold slowly falling?

I would wait.

But after making mistakes the first couple times because of being in a rush... I take it slow and steady.

Topher_osAUrus said:
You have a ways to go before you melt, assuming you dont want to lose any gold. Or melt impure gold.

Search "Harold_v's washing technique" and follow.those steps.

Is the.solution *perfectly* crystal clear? Or does it still appear as if there is gold slowly falling?

I would wait.

But after making mistakes the first couple times because of being in a rush... I take it slow and steady.
Hi dear Topher..the solutoin is very clear but when it wass on sun lite ther wass a kined of reactoin : bobels go up from the botom and the liqwid was warm\hot..ill wait another 2-3 days only after it ill wash it and melt it and maybe thers small gold droped dowon but i did not senn that.. the solutoin is very crystal clear now..ill look for "Harold_v's washing technique" and ill lernd its well only when i will know exectly what to do ill wash it..i hop ill fine it soon or you have the link to the page...thanks a lot dear topher..have a nice weekend....Alon

Topher_osAUrus said:
ALON, you desperately need stannous.

And also read search and read the forum for situations like yours.

You should let the solution sit for a few days or more (after a few days, shine a light through the solution and check the turpidity of it. -if there are still miniscule particles afloat, give it a VERY gentle stir a few laps around the beaker, then let it sit a day or two more.
-*Hoke suggests leaving solutions sit for days sometimes*-

The amound of smb you used was/is almost enough to drop a troy pound of gold. How much smb you use, should be based upon the amount of gold you expect to reduce out of solution -it is NOT- correlated to the entire volume of solution. If you have 5 grams in 50 ml or 5 grams in 5000, its still 5 grams of smb thats required, that is all, an excess will just give you grief.

I don't mean for this to sound rude -but-
You must do YOUR due diligence, and read.
The forum frowns upon those who don't at least make an effort to try.
I understand the language barrier may make that a bit difficult. Especially when under duress, like when you know there is gold but you just cant get it. But, taking preventative steps (by securing knowledge via reading the forums thousands of threads and Hokes books) will make it so you can observe and react to what your solution is doing, instead of having to wait for a reply, which might not come for awhile, if at all.

The links and book we have adamantly tried to get you to read, would have given you every answer you have posed in this thread -and SOO many more that you haven't even thought of/encountered yet- ..but you will, if you so choose to continue this field of study (that is very much what refining is, studying)

Again, I dont mean to sound discouraging, but, while you are waiting for your solution to complete its next step, research and read up on what should be happening. That way you have a good idea od what to expect, and what you can do. It will save you from stressing out in the end, waiting eagerly for a reply, but yet every thing you need is already in front of you.

I hope you take this reply and use it, learn from it and the other constructive criticisms, for that is how we grow as people -to learn from our mistakes, prevent future problems from happening whenever it is in our power to stop or avoid them.

Hopefully we hear from you soon with all the good things you have learned and want to show off to us.

I eagerly await *that* reply 8)

-topher, the teacher's aide[/quot

Hi dear Topher..im agrree with evry word you wrhot..im reading the forum mostly the librery and chimical process..step by step ill read it all and i hope to do it soon..any way you helped me lot and stil helping me and im lerned from my mistak thats what the most importent..on my next A.R no way will be extra nitric or SMB (lol)..thanks dear friend..good night...Alon

Hi Alon!
If you read g Alexsson's post about all the mistakes you have made and all the problems that those mistakes have caused, you will understand why I told you to collect your powder...save your solution...and don't do anything more for a while. He (don't know for sure, you could be a she) said it perfectly! You don't have the understanding of the basics yet. You are going to have problem after problem while trying to wash, further refine and melt your gold.
You can search our verios member's posts and their websites. many of us have videos that you can watch so you can see how they do it. search "Lazer Steve!" click on one of his posts. At the bottom he has a link to his website. His site has many videos you can watch. Some are how to do fingers. On you tube our member "Geo" posted videos on what you are trying to do. We have our "tutorial section" The Information here is endless! You need to take a week or so and dig through our forum and find this material. Study it, actually see the reactions happening, how we calculate how much acid is needed or how much smb is needed to drop a certain amount of gold. how to make stannous chloride and how to use it to test to learn if all the gold dropped before just adding more smb.
My friend, you have a lot to learn before you continue!
We would really like to see your first gold button posted here. But, you must take the time to educate yourself !
Art.

ALON 1969 said:
hi..i forgot to ask how ill make stanous test from tin ? :?:

No, you didn't forget it. It is absolutely the correct way not to ask how to make the stannous chloride testing solution, but first to use the search function or to find it in your copy of Hoke. So you were on the right track not to ask.

I can't see any meaning in this spoon feeding, but here you are: stannous video by kadriver

solar_plasma said:
ALON 1969 said:
hi..i forgot to ask how ill make stanous test from tin ? :?:

No, you didn't forget it. It is absolutely the correct way not to ask how to make the stannous chloride testing solution, but first to use the search function or to find it in your copy of Hoke. So you were on the right track not to ask.

I can't see any meaning in this spoon feeding, but here you are: stannous video by kadriver

I agree..
Its never good to bite the hand that feeds you
-especially when being spoon fed.

I attributed it to language barrier, but, after 3 pages of replies -many giving step by step from the point where stuck to completion, its apparent now to me that this was/is not the case.

artart47 said:
Hi Alon!
If you read g Alexsson's post about all the mistakes you have made and all the problems that those mistakes have caused, you will understand why I told you to collect your powder...save your solution...and don't do anything more for a while. He (don't know for sure, you could be a she) said it perfectly! You don't have the understanding of the basics yet. You are going to have problem after problem while trying to wash, further refine and melt your gold.
You can search our verios member's posts and their websites. many of us have videos that you can watch so you can see how they do it. search "Lazer Steve!" click on one of his posts. At the bottom he has a link to his website. His site has many videos you can watch. Some are how to do fingers. On you tube our member "Geo" posted videos on what you are trying to do. We have our "tutorial section" The Information here is endless! You need to take a week or so and dig through our forum and find this material. Study it, actually see the reactions happening, how we calculate how much acid is needed or how much smb is needed to drop a certain amount of gold. how to make stannous chloride and how to use it to test to learn if all the gold dropped before just adding more smb.
My friend, you have a lot to learn before you continue!
We would really like to see your first gold button posted here. But, you must take the time to educate yourself !
Art.

hello..yep ill do that..i must to know how things working and abel the understandig the hwol process..lot of thanks dear friend..have a nice weekend..Alon

Take notes Alon. Try to re digest a small amount of your refined gold in AR again after to practice and further purify your gold.

ALON,

Where are you located in Israel?
If you are near by i might be able to swing by and lend a hand...

samuel-a said:
ALON,

Where are you located in Israel?
If you are near by i might be able to swing by and lend a hand...
Hi Samuel how are you..are you from israel..im from Beer-Sheva..ill be happy to know mor and if you will help me it will be graet..if you from israel ill give you my phone num so we can talk hebrew ..have a nice day dear Samuel...Alon

autumnwillow said:
Take notes Alon. Try to re digest a small amount of your refined gold in AR again after to practice and further purify your gold.

hello dear friend..thats what i did .i did another A.R to all the gold powder and i got very purety 9999 gold it is realy nice..thanks for your helping me...i have something strange i did A.R to another foils and the color of the solutoin after i filter it is green emerald..are you have any idea why is that color?? i tookd some sampel from the solutoin (50ml) and i added SMB to drop the gold but the solutoin changed the color to durty yelow and ther wass some very littel black things like ants..are is this gold? its not black powder it is so wird..if some one can tell me why it hapend ill be happy..i made reserch on forum but i didnot fine any case like this...Alon :?:

Topher_osAUrus said:
Copper in AR = green
Amount of copper = HOW green

Low gold concentration in solution can make your smb not "flash black"

hello dear friend Topher how are you..thanks for help me..im thinking how the copper get to the solutoin after it was in A.P batch..any way i added the SMB and i left it to sit over night..buy the way my first A.R that i added to much nitric `end with happy end thanks to you and other very nice persons frome this forum.. im realy thanks full to all of you..now im working by the (hook)book.. i wass try to find what you recomended me to read the "harold wash" i didnot find it..if you can please post the link ill be glad..lot of thanks dear Topher good night..Alon :roll:

I'm glad to see that you are studying, Alon.
Here is a treat for good effort. 8)
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=325&p=2620#p2620

And the result! :mrgreen:
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2294&p=19668#p19668

Göran

g_axelsson said:
I'm glad to see that you are studying, Alon.
Here is a treat for good effort. 8)
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=325&p=2620#p2620

And the result! :mrgreen:
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2294&p=19668#p19668

Göran

Sorry ALON, i didnt see this on the "view new posts" page. But it seems Göran has already given you the right direction to take.

I will NEVER get tired of looking at that picture of Harold's gold...i want to fill a bathtub with it and just lie there in it..

How much gold would that take ya' think? Lol!

-topher, the tantalized

Latest posts

Back