Producing Fine Silver Powder

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear sir

I need ultrafine powder for illuminatiing.As i did as lazer steve post but not shining.but I when I rub powder on porcelein wall it shine like diamond as he says.but not all particla is shining.

Pls kindly help.I am wokring day night on finding solution since last 3 weeks.

I feel I need some chemical to make it WHITE and shining.If you can pls suggest.
rgds
robin

Barren Realms 007 said:
Ok then melt your powder into small ingots and send the silver thru a silver electric cell. This will give you silver crystals. Look in the silver section of the forum and you should find all the info you need on this. There have been quite a few posts on silver cells lately. If you don't find what you need let me know and I will find some links for you.

I need this for illuminating so i need ultra fine white powder.pls suggest me the one.
rgds
robin

maybe try pure silver nitrate solution concentrate this till crystals form when cooled.

I have a feeling you are trying to plate something and get shining silver, if so maybe restate the question GSP can possibly help then.

please35 said:
Dear sir

I need ultrafine powder for illuminatiing.As i did as lazer steve post but not shining.but I when I rub powder on porcelein wall it shine like diamond as he says.but not all particla is shining.

Pls kindly help.I am wokring day night on finding solution since last 3 weeks.

I feel I need some chemical to make it WHITE and shining.If you can pls suggest.
rgds
robin

Have you tried using poor, or should i say more gentle reducing agents?
on the acidic range:
Ascorbic acid is claimed to produce ultra fine powder (1-3.1 micron) from pure silver nitrate solutions.
Citric acid may work as well.

on the basic range:
don't mess with that...

Particle size will mainly be judged by Temp' , PH and concentration .

Even if you can produce the desired product, and applied it to your project, tarnish is just around the corner. The particle form would be impossible to polish.

Latest posts

Back