Pyrolysis,Sn removal,AP,HCL/Cl

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya I was kinda stoked about it but trying not to get my hopes up.

My gold standard test positive but not so much any where else.

Why exactly would my SnCl not work on my copper filled "AuCl" ?

Edit: oh ok " collides" repell each other and keep in suspension...

So I can plate the collides out with Cu? But not drop or test for them?

If they are gold colloids, they have already gained back their electrons and converted to metal, so they would not reduce (gain electrons) from the copper metal, so the copper would not cement colloids, but that does not necessarily mean that some may not be trapped in with other metals reducing from solution.

Since you said this solution filtered easily tin should not be a major problem (it forms colloids easily with gold solutions), also dirt or other organics can be a reason for colloids.

Just some thought, you may not have much gold in solution, depending on your process and the methods you used, it could be cemented on metals in your first process, or in other powders or filters in your previous attempts to recover or refine, if you saved that materials you can get it back after you learn a little more, for now I would not worry about gold content in this solution, cement it out on copper, test solution, treat it for waste.

AztekShine, you have learned a little bit so far, and have tried a few things on your own and asking questions along the way, it did not work, but it has showed you that you do have a lot to learn.

I would consider not doing that again, what is that saying about trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Try going back to Hokes Book, reading and doing the experiments she teaches, study a process in steps taking notes, like recovering and cleaning memory finger foils, work on this until you understand it,
The study the HCL/ Bleach method well, understand it well before experimenting, do some small scale experiments, test tube size, until you understand it, then do the same for the next process, take learning in steps small steps, small experimenting, learn to walk before trying to run.

Basically forget about getting gold right now, concentrate on learning, and some small experiments, to understand what your learning, collect materials, and when your ready you will not only have the knowledge you need to process those materials, but you will be able to do it without asking tons of questions and making all of the mistakes and wondering were all that gold is going that you should have had from all of that scrap.

I hope this gives you some ideas to improve the methods your using to get gold.

I still have all my filters and wash water. And if it is cemented on the BM's in he chips I should be able to bet it out.

HCL/Cl solution from second run is not plateing out BUT the first HCL/Cl solution is plateing out a good amount. Sunday I will purchase a torch and see what I got!

So I just scraped the cement off my copper. Filter is very heavy with what little bit of black powder is in it. Drying in oven now.

Pre heated crucible, dumped charred filter with gold powder. And my torch isn't hot enough :oops: I didn't realize that people were useing propane strictly in a furnace. At any rate their was some copper wire Added stupidly to cement before I added solid copper so lesson learned the hard way their. All of the copper pieces solidified and their is one section that can be seen bright yellow in the copper mess. Also under the copper mess their is still some black powder slightly melted together to where it can still be re-powdered with pressure.

Looks like I'm going to have to pick back up in Arkansas. See y'all their!

Latest posts

Back