Reduction of gold from a mixed solution

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Lola, the world is filled with scammers. We know this industry better then just about anyone else in the world. We would love to support your sale, but you have left out some information, which is very basic to the industry, which would at least ferret you out from the scammers. This would at least generate some interest to others, for the potential sale of your powders, if you would verify the questions asked of you. When you are evasive, it is a natural instinct to draw away from you. Yggdrasil has been very helpful to you, wether you realize it or not. Others have seen this in him, and it is you who is being a difficult person. Just because you have helped support this forum monetarily, it does not give you a free pass to be rude, discourteous, evasive, or any other traits not conducive to getting the truth resolved.
This is an international forum. The customs and traditions held by your country, may not apply to the rest of the world.

Frankly, a very paptetic entry. It seems that you were struck by the fact that I stated that I paid the membership fee and that I would like to continue with the ad without negative intrusions. and that's why I'm difficult, rude.... and the one who oppresses me with entries all the time is a forum righteous who fights to save everyone else from me, a rotten fraud? Because of me, my whole country is also to blame?

Frankly, a very paptetic entry. It seems that you were struck by the fact that I stated that I paid the membership fee and that I would like to continue with the ad without negative intrusions. and that's why I'm difficult, rude.... and the one who oppresses me with entries all the time is a forum righteous who fights to save everyone else from me, a rotten fraud? Because of me, my whole country is also to blame?
Well, I'm a forum Moderator and we do not tolerate name calling and rude behavior in here so be careful now.
It is actually very easy to get things sorted out, get some tests done, and until that is done, the only thing you have is brown powder.

Hi. I will upload processing images with the SMB of my offered powder for sale. In the first picture is a solution of powder. On the second gold formed into a sponge immediately after pouring a saturated solution of SMB. On the third powder after I stir it, on the fourth filtered powder that goes for further processing. Lots of powder, a little solution. That gives my powder. I do not work on a very diluted solution and at a lower pH.
I’d suggest you take that sample to your Dr for analysis…

@Lola your aggressive attitude is very suspicious. It looks like you're not a E.U. native. If you want trust bring a sample of your material to a respectable laboratory and get a quantitative analysis.

@Lola your aggressive attitude is very suspicious. It looks like you're not a E.U. native. If you want trust bring a sample of your material to a respectable laboratory and get a quantitative analysis.
He is from Croatia and as far as I know they are not yet a member of EU.
Beautiful country though, et least at the coast.

Croatia is a EU member. It is also true that a Croatian IP doesn't imply Croatian nationality.

In the interests of the facts:

I should mention that sodium metabisulfite is a basic salt. It is this not very selective except in highly acidic solutions because it precipitates out metal hydroxides.

Depending on how and how much is added, it is easy to contaminate the gold with metal hydroxides of other transition metals, this can impact the color of the precipitated gold.

In the interests of the facts:

I should mention that sodium metabisulfite is a basic salt. It is this not very selective except in highly acidic solutions because it precipitates out metal hydroxides.

Depending on how and how much is added, it is easy to contaminate the gold with metal hydroxides of other transition metals, this can impact the color of the precipitated gold.
Another interesting piece of information.
Thanks Lou :)

One simple way to prove the claims would be to melt the powders and do an xrf on the button. Simply melting it and posting pictures would be better than what we have seen so far.

Where outside can a powder analysis be done for the presence of precious metals per cent in the percentages found in one powder. Is such an analysis possible? I would like the address.

Where outside can a powder analysis be done for the presence of precious metals per cent in the percentages found in one powder. Is such an analysis possible? I would like the address.
I think you need to either send an ore sample to an assayer.
Or take the powder you have and send to same.
But the "metal" powder will not be representative for the ore.
I do not know where to send such for assay, I know they do assays in UK.
Maybe Orvi knows?

I mean the reduced metal powder mixture from the first picture in the introduction of the post.
What you can do is to melt it to a button and have it tested with a XRF in precious metal mode.
Jewellers and pawn shops often have that.

Latest posts

Back