• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Refined Gold - 58.6 grams

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Powder is a tough sell. Unless someone has first hand knowledge of your skill level the purity is difficult to estimate. An XRF result would help but melting it into a bar and providing a good photo will go a long way to infer purity. The price is good at todays gold price knocking about $500 off the gold fix.

Good luck, I wish you well.

I always wonder how you guys in the US have such a hard time finding honest gold buyers. Is it everywhere or is it localised?

It must be really tough for some.
Over the years so many Cash for Gold and Pawn shops have popped up that the market is saturated with them. They offer quick and easy turn around for those who are less than savvy about what then are selling. Someone has legit Karat Gold, but doesn't know how or want to refine and they are getting and taking 20-30 cent on the dollar. This literally makes it hard for someone like me because I have actually had some places tell me why would I pay you close to melt for your refined stuff when I get plenty of scrap jewelry so cheap. I had an amazing recycler I worked with for years. They were 2 partners who started the business in there 20's and were both mid 60's when I met them. I would travel 55 miles one way to go to them. They would XRF every piece side by side with you and would go into the office and let you listen in on the call to the refiner. They would give me every penny they could with still making a small but decent profit. They would buy lunch every time I went and we would sit in the office and drink coffee and reminisce about the good old days. Sadly I know I have to find another because there days are limited these past few years. My Grandfather always used to tell me Signatures and handshakes mean nothing if the person doesn't value the reputation of there own last name, and then he would add and never do anything to water down our last name.

Latest posts

Back