silver cementing disaster??

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watch the silver video on my website and you will see the process.

The black is most likely gold.

Steve

i have watched your videos how ever the silver cementing video doesntsay anything about gold powder o_O lol

The name of the video is separating silver from gold, in it I use diluted nitric acid to separate silver from gold. The gold remains behind as a fine black powder in the video.

Steve

yes i just watched that video =D i have your webpage open and your DVDs inside my laptop i go along with them as i refine so i dont forget things but i didnt expect this much black powder... i put a 5 Toz 925 sterling bar inside of the acid the entire bottom of a 1000ML beaker is covered and the bar still has not dissolved... im putting the beaker inside warm/hot water because the acid was no longer reacting to the silver... its way too cold outside... but now that its sitting in warm water its reacting again... water is not touching the acid

i havnt processed gold yet =X lol i was just going to follow the AR video... but was nervous id make a very expensive mistake lol

ill just filter the black powder with distilled water then do a small AR test tube experiment

ok i let my acid sit fr a few hours everything is dissolved but theres like shards of glass growing at the bottom>?? ive never seen this before lol what does this mean? it looks like crystals

yes thats exactly what i have lol i used my glass rod to stir the substance and break everything up...... what exactly are these crystals?

from my understanding i have gold inside of here as well... there is a brown/black powder at the bottom of my beaker.... im assuming i should seperate this substance let it dry/melt?

or do i put this powder in AR?

You have silver crystals. You can try to warm your solution up and see if they will disolve back in you solution and siphin off the solution leaving you black powde that should be gold and process it in your favorite method.

Barren Realms 007 said:
You have silver crystals. You can try to warm your solution up and see if they will disolve back in you solution and siphin off the solution leaving you black powde that should be gold and process it in your favorite method.

i filtered the black powder but have no idea how to handle it... it took 2 filter papers to completely catch it all... lol do i just place the filter papers in a beaker with AR? or should i just let it dry?

the silver is cementing now lol my beaker is filled to the top with the copper bar inside.... seems to be going perfectly fine..

Woolf said:
Barren Realms 007 said:

i filtered the black powder but have no idea how to handle it... it took 2 filter papers to completely catch it all... lol do i just place the filter papers in a beaker with AR? or should i just let it dry?

Next time this happens to you let the powder settle and then siphon off the solution you will have less problems. Since your gold is traped in the filter papers and you probably don't have much of it you can wait and process the filters when you have more gold to process or you can run them in HCL/clorox. You shouldn't try AR until you have some more experience. Do a search on HCL/clorox and you will find the process.

Latest posts

Back