silver sugar-lye method where is my mistake?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great info thank you.
Yes boiling water rinses is what I've been doing, it sounds like I'm just not clearing it all and would be wise to test it he ph as you mentioned rather than rely on colour.

What is PITA and what would a blood red liquid left in the melt dish mean? Stay liquid why dish is still hot, easy to pour out but I'm guessing it's an indicator or missed impurities

Great info thank you.
Yes boiling water rinses is what I've been doing, it sounds like I'm just not clearing it all and would be wise to test it he ph as you mentioned rather than rely on colour.

What is PITA and what would a blood red liquid left in the melt dish mean? Stay liquid why dish is still hot, easy to pour out but I'm guessing it's an indicator or missed impurities
This is very strange. Blood red liquid ? It can be molten hydroxide leftovers, as molten hydroxide is nice and runny slag. But that colour, I don´t know. Copper in the slag can tinge it to the brownish-violet colour, but blood red is strange.

I always melted the stuff without significant residue (maybe teaspoon of floaty stuff on molten silver from 1,4 kg batch of silver powder), which was easily slaged out using borax.

Latest posts

Back