some photos of Au powder/process

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sucho

almost all of gold on photos was refined from processors
only small amount from cell phones, fingers, industrial gold plated connectors,flatpacks,mainboard connectors

Attachments

• DSC01232.JPG
    DSC01232.JPG
    847 KB
  • DSC01259.JPG
    DSC01259.JPG
    641.9 KB
  • DSC01331.JPG
    DSC01331.JPG
    799.4 KB
  • DSC01333.JPG
    DSC01333.JPG
    788.9 KB
  • DSC01399.JPG
    DSC01399.JPG
    867.8 KB
here are photos of Ag refining

everything was refined from old electronics

Attachments

• DSC01146.JPG
    DSC01146.JPG
    852.7 KB
  • DSC01275.JPG
    DSC01275.JPG
    634.9 KB
Thank you! Nice photos !

@ 4metals I belive that it is only dropping silver whith copper photo, no silver cell!... Maybe I am wrong :oops:

what would you say is the best way for you to process computer chips?

Yes.that was only precipitated on copper, but twice.

final purity was 997, as i measured my ingots later with InnoX XRF .
i am able to run it in cell, but i dont need higher purity.

i will post some photos of various ingots in few days.

i was trying to refine copper in my experimental cell. you can see working conditions on PS displays. anode and cathode was a copper sheet
electrolyte composition - 30 g/l Cu 2+ and 220 g/l H2SO4 , anode - 5x8 cm , cathode 5x8 cm, A/C ratio 1 : 2, sealing tape was used on sharp cathode edges.

i want to achieve smooth copper deposit on cathodes and avoid fluffy deposit.experiment failed.there was a fluffy deposit on edges and smooth deposit in the middle of cathode.i will try to make it working

first picture - gold button , purity 988 , source - mainly gold plated pins, relays , transistors, etc.

Attachments

• DSC01575.JPG
    DSC01575.JPG
    883.7 KB
  • DSC01581.JPG
    DSC01581.JPG
    831.1 KB
as you can see on my power supply, working current is 1.5 Amps. each cathode has 5cm x 8cm.for two cathodes that means 10cm x 8cm = 0.008 square meters
1.5 / 0.008 = 187.5 Amps per square meter. if my square meter to square foot coefficient is good, it is 17.42 Amps per square foot.

contacts were dissolved in nitric acid.it takes about 5 minutes to complete dissolution on medium heat

Attachments

• picture 2.JPG
    picture 2.JPG
    868 KB
  • pd and Ag nitrate from contacts on picture 2.JPG
    pd and Ag nitrate from contacts on picture 2.JPG
    813.8 KB
this is the highest purity of silver that i am able to achieve using copper precipitation. good filtration , distilled water and accurate dilution are required

Attachments

• DSC01604.JPG
    DSC01604.JPG
    849.8 KB
How did you get all the palladium out?.

fwiw: If your main contaminant is copper, leaching the silver powder with ferric chloride, and then washing will increase your silver purity by a factor of 10 to approx 9997. :shock:

I may be wrong, but the photo shows some palladium oxide colors, hence palladium contamination, if I'm not fooled by my old eyes!. :lol:

main contaminant is copper. Pd contamination is lower than 0.1 percent. in my opinion its caused by very low concentration of Pd in source material.
the surface of this mould is nice and shiny silver coloured. i made this photo using my mobile phone.

thanks for your advice how to purify silver powder.

my experience is, that filtration is the most important step. it improve your purity in a range of 12- 8 percent

Latest posts

Back