some photos of Au powder/process

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That IS quite the beaker. Is there any worry of wall failure? Please put that in a bucket! Fantastic photos. Do show the results.

it is a serious pyrex beaker and its weight is cca 1 kilo. with processors and fluid it weights cca 12 kilos.
i have no worries of wall failure, because this beaker is brand new with no scratches and i use a large, 20 liter lab grade water bath with thermostat and stirrer to heat it.
if you use a classic heater with beaker of this shape, sooner or later you will hear well known sound of breaking glass and all of your gold will be lost.
for heating on classic heater i use beakers up to 1 liter.for larger beakers, you have to use a kind of bath to avoid breaking.

i know that plastic bucket is a cheap alternative. i like lab glass because of better reaction control and clearer work.

everything is dissolved and filtered now.
fluid composition- 2,5 liters DI water,3 liters of HCL(2,5 liters at beginning), 400-500 mL of HNO3 in additions during dissolving.
i will drop it tomorrow. i will post a result.

i will post a result of a batch of similiar shape in near future.

Attachments

• 5660_2601A.jpg
    5660_2601A.jpg
    27.1 KB
Thats a helluva beaker you have there. It looks like a tall form. What is the bottom diameter? I've been thinking about getting a 5000ml.

i will measure it tomorrow. yes, it is a tall form. i have two 10 liter and four 5 liter beakers. in 5 liter beaker you are able to make cca 2 kilos of processors

my latest palladium button
the source of Pd were gold plated Ag/Pd relay contacts
XRF shows purity 99,6%

Attachments

• Pd.JPG
    Pd.JPG
    811.7 KB
Wow Sucho Thanks for taking us in and showing us how you roll the pics make all the difference. Keep up the good work.

it looks very nice because a source material was relay contacs Au95/Ni5 :lol: it was precipitated once and washed few times with DI water.

i am adding a photo of one of todays Pd buttons. notice the surface mirror.purity is 997.

Attachments

• DSC01693.JPG
    DSC01693.JPG
    830 KB
1150 grams of Ag75/Pd25 alloy dissolved in nitric.
notice the colour - it corresponds with free nitric in solution.solution is very dark red when nitric is consumed

Attachments

• DSC01715.JPG
    DSC01715.JPG
    658.3 KB
here are some photos of precipitating Pd IV complex salt. chlorine was introduced to the solution from chlorine gas generator.

Attachments

• DSC01730.JPG
    DSC01730.JPG
    892.4 KB
  • DSC01729.JPG
    DSC01729.JPG
    755.8 KB

Latest posts

Back