some photos of Au powder/process

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice indeed Sucho.
I really like this thread so far 8)

May i ask, what is the source for all that Pd ?

the source was Ag/Pd alloy from relay contacts and wires from one old telecom switching centre.
it wasnt as purple as it looks.we have large Pd looses, because i am only young student of chemistry and i can not stand against my boss ideas.
but now he knows that i was right.

i made 9 of these full buchners.i made about a kilo of Pd salt.

i dont know if we understand each other.'it isnt as purple as it looks'is an idiom in our country.i translated it directly.you can say also 'it wasnt as good as it looks'and i was writing about looses.there was nothing wrong with salt.purity was above 99 percent.

Sucho said:
i dont know if we understand each other.'it isnt as purple as it looks'is an idiom in our country.i translated it directly.you can say also 'it wasnt as good as it looks'and i was writing about looses.there was nothing wrong with salt.purity was above 99 percent.

oh.. sorry, didn't got it. now i do.

it is not for laugh.i like accuracy in chemistry.
PATIENCE is and PRECISION are the most important qualities tha one must have in laboratory.

latest batch. 6,7 Kg of processors - 35,58 g Au

(and also some silver on a photo)

Attachments

• DSC01778.JPG
    DSC01778.JPG
    743.1 KB
  • DSC01787.JPG
    DSC01787.JPG
    823.2 KB
I'm impressed with the appearance of the gold button. Great (wide) pipe, great surface features and wonderful color.
Well done!

Harold

Sucho,

Your Palladium looks very nice indeed. That kind of shine is very hard to get on Pd buttons.

Have you been purifying your Pd by redissolving in ammonia first or are all of your buttons made by melting the calcined colored salt directly? Here's the thread on the subject if you have not already seen it:

Purify Palladium Red Powder

Steve

Thanks Steve!

Pd was not purified with dissolution of ammonium hexachloropalladate in NH3(aq).there was no need to purify it.main contaminant was copper in dirty solution, in button there was a traces of silver - 0.3 % and less in final product- same price for Pd above 99 %
in a case of recovering palladium from caps, purification is needed because of contamination mostly with Bi and Ti in a range between 1 - 6 %( my experience)

gold purification.main contaminant was AgCl.
before purification- 24,76 g
after purification 24,3 g

Attachments

• DSC01826.JPG
    DSC01826.JPG
    861.5 KB
  • DSC01827.JPG
    DSC01827.JPG
    648.7 KB
  • DSC01828.JPG
    DSC01828.JPG
    812.2 KB
Sucho said:
pyrolysis of ram chips

Hello , how are tricks ?
I'm sorry for asking what is probably a daft question , but 'pyrolysis of ram chips' , and looking at your picture , is this basicaly just incineration by 'super' heating the chips in a pot over a stove without crushing first :?:
Enquiring mind needs to know!
Many thanks in advance for any reply ,
Kind regards ,
Chris

pyrolysis is essentially heating a material with no combustion (oxidation).

Though, i don't see the point for doing so with PM bearing scrap unless an inciniration is followed.
Carbon is known for its affinity to absorb PM's once dissolved...

Latest posts

Back