stuck in aqua regia process

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to study a lot more before doing experiments if you don't know that already.

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/search.php?keywords=testing+for+gold+in+solution&terms=all&author=&sv=0&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=85

Read Hoke and do the acquaintance experiments!

I could have pointed you straight to the answer but this way you will learn a lot more. You need it!

Göran

:( ok can i read hoke online ? And if possible tell me straight because its urgent and it will take time to read a book but i promise to read later give me the link of hoke also thanks.

AWM

Seriously, you don't want to be randomly melting stuff without knowing what it is. It can be very bad for your health. That's not a scare story- it's from experience.

So much for getting him to slow down and study.

The gold didn't melt due to pressure or temp problems, it didn't melt properly because IT WAS NOT GOLD. It was a bunch of unknown metals/minerals that you have not separated the gold from yet.

You are trying to work from an assay that WAS NOT DONE on the material you have. It was done on something that was pulled from your material. 2 different things.

In this part of the world we call what you've been sold, "a pig in a poke". Typical bait and switch, you've been shown an assay that is not from the material you are expected to buy. The assay you have shown was done after the material was concentrated down to have a 12% gold content and other minerals removed. You still have all those other minerals in your "rock".

Your sample may only have 1% gold or even less, you don't know. Take your sample you have in hand and have your own assay done. That will tell you what you really have and what needs to be done to it.

You will never get any gold until you find out EXACTLY what you actually have in hand instead of what the seller wants you to think you have. As long as you are depending on a switched assay you will continue to spin your wheels getting nowhere.

Appreciate all replies and thanks to all for your concern i am glad that brothers are worrying about my health too :) i am searching for assay laboratory in my area anyhow i am attaching the pictures of ore also may be these pictures will help you all to judge and review it letting me know about possible chances and outcomes one more thing 1piece is non magnetic 2nd piece is slightly magnetic and another piece is slightly more magnetic

Attachments

• IMG-20151112-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20151112-WA0008.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG-20151112-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20151112-WA0006.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG-20151112-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20151112-WA0001.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG-20151112-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20151112-WA0002.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG-20151112-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20151112-WA0004.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 241
Definitely a sulfide ore. Have you tried bringing it to a red heat to drive off the sulfur? You can make a simple retort with iron pipe fittings. Crush a sample as fine as you can and run it through the retort. Mill the sample and use a magnet to remove the magnetic particles. Boil in HCl and roast again. Boil in dilute nitric acid and rinse. You should be able to recover most of any gold in the sample after this. It's not as good as an assay but it will let you know if it contains gold. You can also use the retort on a milled sample and smelt using a known amount of silver as a collector. Recover the button produced and dissolve in nitric acid. Again, it wont' be as good as an assay but you will know how much gold is in the sample.

No i didnot. my bad as i was unaware of any sulphur i am going to do this now and i have a question tell me the time duration of boiling in hcl how many minutes should i have to boil it in hcl ? And after boiling in hcl will i have to roast it red again ? And i have a commercial grade nitric acid how much water should i add to dilute it please tell me the ratio and boiling time in dilute nitric as well.thank you

Boil in HCl until the solution turns dark. This wash will remove any higher reactive metals like tin, calcium and zinc. If it doesn't turn dark within a couple of hours, proceed to the next step. If it turns dark in just a short time, repeat this step until it doesn't turn dark. Roast after the HCl wash. Boil in 50/50 nitric acid /water. This wash will remove any lower reactive metal like silver and copper. Same as the HCl wash, boil until it turns a different color. If the color changes quickly, repeat this wash until there is no color change. It has to boil to to keep the material moving. Rinse well and go straight to AR. Again, make sure the material and solution boils to keep the material moving.

awm

First of all you need to understand that the "lab report" that you posted "does not" tell you how much gold (&/or other metals) percentage wise is "in the rock"

Rather it tells you what the percentages of "metals" are AFTER they have been "extracted" from the rock

Also - "the report" was done on "concentrates" --- in other words it was not done on solid chunks of ore like you show in your hand

In other words that "report" was preformed on ore (like pictured in your hand) that was FIRST crushed - then it was run through some sort of concenter process (like a shaker table maybe) which removed a good portion of the "rock" leaving "concentrates" of the metals contained in the rock along with "some" of the rock

In other words - the rocks you are holding in your hand do not contain 12% gold --- rather - the rock contains "some" metal - out of those metals "contained in the rock" - 12% of the metal is gold

To put it another way --- the report "does not" tell you how much rock it takes to get lets say 100 grams of all metals in the rock - which is what you really need to know - because it is this 100 grams of "metal only" that contains 12% gold

In other words - "how much rock" does it take to get 100 grams of metal that "then" is 12% gold

does it take 1,000 grams or 2,000 grams or 5,000 grams or 10,000 grams or 20,000 grams or 50,000 grams or ??? grams of rock in order to get 100 grams of metal that "then" contains 12% gold

That is why you NEED to have an actual assay done "on the rock/ore" --- AND - one rock/ore sample assay is not really going to tell you anything you can count on because one rock could be very rich in gold while the next rock could have little or no gold --- so you need to take multiple "random" samples from the large pile of ore & do multiple assay's - average the results of the multiple assay test results to get an "idea" of "per ton" yield

My point awm is that you need to give up this "dream" that you are holding "rocks" in your hand that contain 12% gold --- because if that was true then you would have ore that has 12 grams of gold in every 100 grams of "rock" - that would be 54 grams gold per pound of rock or about 1.73 ozt per pound rock - or about 3,472 ozt per ton of ore

That would be the richest gold discovery in the enter universe - let alone anything ever found on this little old earth

You are chasing a "pipe dream" --- even if your rocks had 0.1 gram of gold per pound (454 grams) of rock - that would be 6.43 ozt per ton & that would be considered rich ore - AND - even if it was that rich - acid leaching "is not" the way to recover it

The "supplier" of this rock/ore is looking for a sucker - other wise he would be talking to large mining companies with the proper equipment & ore processing knowledge to invest in his ore ownership - and not talking to someone like you that has no equipment &/or knowledge about ores & ore processing

Kurt

Latest posts

Back