Turbine engine parts

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harold_V said:
jack_burton said:
One certain type of value per bath, until you finally end up with the gold.
Makes a great story. Too bad it doesn't work that way.

Harold

There is an old confusing youtube video that seemingly did that. We have discussed it before. Like Harold said, it just doesn't work that way. The video doesn't show about 90% of what they actually did.

I'm not arguing either way, obviously Harold and GSP have forgotten more about PMR than I will probably ever know. Clearly,I was just throwing an idea out there for what someone might think to do large scale, since the thread had seemed to move in the directions of people guessing. No need to kick me in the junk for it. :lol:

IF it were mine,and IF i wanted to do it myself.i would find a way to remove the stainless from the braze. i would do a manual extraction on as much stainless as possible.i know a couple of electrolytic processes that will remove stainless, the trick would be to figure out which one would remove the stainless and leave the braze intact.

jack_burton said:
I'm not arguing either way, obviously Harold and GSP have forgotten more about PMR than I will probably ever know. Clearly,I was just throwing an idea out there for what someone might think to do large scale, since the thread had seemed to move in the directions of people guessing. No need to kick me in the junk for it. :lol:

Please don't take it personally. Usually, when I post, about 90% of what I say is directed to the forum and not to the individual. I was thinking of that certain misleading youtube video that tripped up some people before. Along with Harold, I wanted to nip it in the bud. You'll know it if Harold or I really mean it personally. Some ideas just won't work.

goldsilverpro said:
Harold_V said:
goldsilverpro said:
Every one on the forum keeps "trade secrets" of one type or another.
I don't. I have willingly disclosed everything I know (which isn't much).

Harold

I apologize for including you in that, Harold. I know you have no secrets. However, you're probably alone in that.
I agree, and, to be fair, rightly so. I have nothing to lose, unlike others, who may still by trying to make a living. It's only natural for a guy to protect his hard earned knowledge, when disclosure offers risk of competition.

When I was actively refining, I didn't disclose information. When I was approached, I set the cost high---and was handsomely rewarded for doing so.

Harold

Latest posts

Back