Welcome In!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Profession : Chemist retired, currently consulting on refinery construction and processing techniques part time.
Hobbies : : Chemistry of refining, hydroponics, scuba diving
How long have you been refining gold? : since 1972
How did you discover our Forum? : I was internet searching for EPA exemptions to hazardous waste regs for precious metal refiners.
What are you looking for in our community?: I know a lot about refining but realize you're never too old to learn more. Plus I'm sure I can help someone.
Other: I have real concerns about people generating hazardous materials and disposing of them improperly.

Glad to have you and your knowledge.

Welcome to the forum. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Name : Rupe
Sex :male
Profession :Electronic Engineer
Hobbies :Energy Science,fringe science
Interrests :physics,tesla
How long have you been refining gold? :never want to learn and experiment
What are you looking for in our community? :knowledge,dare i say make money in a small way ?, recover some chemistry skill i once had
How did you discovered our Forum? :internet crawling metal recovery sggested by a friend as a way to make some money
Other :want Recover some of chemistry knowledge I once had at high school ,managed to get a O level years ago ,but studied electronics instead

Name : Patrick
Sex : Male
Profession : Salvage
Hobbies : Junk :)
Interrests : Learning
How long have you been refining gold? : Never learning
What are you looking for in our community? : To learn share and tech
How did you discovered our Forum? : utube
Other : I own a company called pro salvage in Houston Texas We are a salvage company. our web site is http://www.houstonjunkcar.com (if this isn't allowed please remove, not trying to spam) If I can help anybody please let me know.

Thanks
Patrick

Name : Steven C.
Sex : Male
Profession : IT Systems administrator, Bookbinder
Hobbies : Chemistry, Metal alloying, refining, Casting
Interests : Many interests. Worn many hats in my time on this ball and I am known for being a jack of many trades. I have been working on the process of refining metals and such on my own for many years now and have most down pretty good. I haven't done it for profit as much but more for the knowledge. Recently I have found myself with a beautiful woman that I would like to marry soon. With all I have done the suggestion was made to carve our rings and cast them myself. Sounds easy. Hadn't yet even melted any powdered gold down but had a quart jar of dust I was pretty sure I had right. Figured out what I needed for the rings and went to putting my hobbie to a task. Thought I was doing good until the 2.5 oz. nugget I had stuck to a magnet. As with many times along the way with my experiments I found myself saying "Well that wasn't supposed to do that." So Fe got through my process. Fun. Now I'm just trying to clean up enough for our rings cause I'm short! "You sure I can't just buy a ring dear?" ... "No, you worked this hard so far we wait." Gotta love it.
Anyway found this site and look forward to a bunch of reading to see what others have done. I have a book of questions but that's what I get for never having a chemistry class but a ton of books as a bookbinder!

By all means read the forum, but from your brief description if iron is the main contaminate in your gold HCl should clean it up nicely. Before you act on that though please share the source material you started with (iron is an odd contaminate if you started with old jewelry) and the steps you took to get to where you are now. There are many here that will help you.

Welcome to the forum!

Morris86: I see you are interested in Tesla. What have you built ? Do you do any experimenting with electrostatics ? There is a site you might like to try, if you haven't already. WWW.ALLABOUTCIRCUITS.COM
There are some very knowledgable people there. Good luck to you.
Phill

P.S. Don't lick the spoon. Ha ! Ha !

I have several sources in one sad to say. 1. Anode slime from copper plating. 2. fingers 3. Processors 4. old jewelry of questionable content. ( I say questionable because the jewler it came from was arrested for replacing gold for other metals in customer's jewelry and such.) I am thinking it was from that as I disolved that and then to get the metals out I used zinc to drop them out. I should have used copper as zinc will drop iron as well. The source of the iron I think what was supposed to be a white gold ring but I'm thinking was stainless steel.

Jo418 said:
:D Welcome In guys :D
Present your self to the rest of the community, feel free to add things :wink:

Name :gareth
Sex :male
Profession :capenter
Hobbies :playing rugby surfing rock climbing and havein a pint off ale or 2 or 3
Interrests :
How long have you been refining gold? :never
What are you looking for in our community? :to learn
How did you discovered our Forum? :spent the whole day learning about caterlisic con
Other :
your never to old to learn or be taught or to teach knowledge is a fun and wonderfull expereance and should never be owned

Name :Dan
Sex :Male
Profession :IS
Hobbies : newly found interest in recycling e scrap
Interrests :computers
How long have you been refining gold? :3 months after finding 30 computers at the rubbish dump
What are you looking for in our community? : knowledge very help full site studying hard before i try anything
How did you discovered our Forum? :google
Other :

Name :HiDesertEd - Ed Doub
Sex :Old Guy
Profession :(Retired by Disability) Truck Driver - used to haul bulk chemicals, sometimes to open pit gold miners. 8^)
Hobbies :Model Railroading (special interest in the Virginia & Truckee Railroad [GOLD HAULER!!!!]) reading, member of the Odd Fellows Fraternity
Interrests :How things work, why things don't work
How long have you been refining gold? :First of May Newbie!
What are you looking for in our community? :Any information I can glean.
How did you discovered our Forum? :Followed a suggestion from an eBay listing for chemicals
Other :Thank You in advance for any help I may find here.

Welcome Ed. Prepare yourself for endless night and days of reading as we have tons of stuff here. You will find what works and what not and you will find answer on question why too... Enjoy. Pat

Hey Ed!

Welcome to the forum.

If you have a keen interest in locomotives, particularly lives scale steam models, you may find the Chaski board to your liking. Let me know if you're interested and I'll provide a link.

Harold

Ok, it's time for me to introduce myself.

Name : Kriszta C.
Sex : female
Profession : textile engineer
Hobbies : precious metals
Interrests : everything connected with precious metals
How long have you been refining gold? : I'm new in gold plated items recovery/refining, but not beginner in solid precious metal alloys.
What are you looking for in our community? : qualitative informations from people with experience, experience wich I'd like to get in time with patience, or simply steal it...
How did you discovered our Forum? : after searching a lot...
Other : my user name comes from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolae_Teclu

teclu

butcher said:
Hello, welcome I am sure you will like the information and friendly site.

Butcher Thanks,

I'm already convinced that is a great site and a friendly too.

teclu

pete berg
male
west slope, colorado usa
heavy equipment mechanic
hunting, placer mining
new to refining I have mostly been capturing free gold but have been saving all cons untill I learn more about the chemistry involved with micro gold.
I am looking for in the community information to safely and economically purify my exsisting free placer gold and to hopefully be able to capture the micro gold.
I discovered your site though a link.
This site has been extrordinary so far

Name: Matt Beck
Sex: Male
Profession: Automotive Gearhead, Custom Cars & Bikes/Engineering
Hobbies: Making Money, Free Energy, HHO Cells, Tesla Research,
Paranormal Research, Alchemy Research, Chemistry,
Building Computers, Boating, Fly Fishing, Camping/Outdoors
Rockhounding & riding my Harley.
Interrests: All the above. And now gold Assets/Refining
: I am only in the testing and learing phase of gold refining. Ive been
rearching for over a year now.
: I am looking for knowledge to learn and share with like minded people
to form a syndicate of brotherhood for the Godfearing.
(Good People that have Integrity)
: I found the Gold Refining Forum on Yahoo or Google not sure witch one.

This is a great forum! Mountainloads of info! I am so greatful to know that there is still people out there
that believe in sharing knowlegde. Its the key element to success.
Got Integrity? You cant be real without it.

Back