Does anyone know the methods to produce capacitor grade tantalum powders

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xing

valuble metal refining, equipments or else
Recently focuse on the research of tantalum powders production, especially about the capacitor grade tantalum powders, it is difficult to control the particle size and impurities.
does anyone know the process, let's discuss.

I imagine this is pretty trade secret.

I have made Ta metal powder from K2TaF7 (after solvent extraction with hexone or 2-octanol, done both) via reduction with sodium metal. I was always under the impression that the Ta from that is too high in oxygen and so they EBM melt it, then take and hydride it break it up then dehydride it to make a powder. I never hydrided Ta but I have Ti and Nb and it makes it very brittle.

I imagine this is pretty trade secret.

I have made Ta metal powder from K2TaF7 (after solvent extraction with hexone or 2-octanol, done both) via reduction with sodium metal. I was always under the impression that the Ta from that is too high in oxygen and so they EBM melt it, then take and hydride it break it up then dehydride it to make a powder. I never hydrided Ta but I have Ti and Nb and it makes it very brittle.
yes, very classical i think. seldom people do the work. in our company the normal Ta powders are ok, no problem.

the oxygen is controled below 1500 ppm, generally around 1000 ppm, how much the oxygen in your Ta powders.

the big problem is the capacitor grade Ta, some properties are not stable.

the EBM Ta powder is another kind powder, we also hydride Nb or Ta for other applications.

we also have Nb powders.

we do the whole process, from the Ta and Nb minerals to Ta and Nb oxide, K2TaF7, LiTaO3 and so on.

Nb and Ta powders, Nb alloys, Ta alloys and etc.

yes, very classical i think. seldom people do the work. in our company the normal Ta powders are ok, no problem.

the oxygen is controled below 1500 ppm, generally around 1000 ppm, how much the oxygen in your Ta powders.

the big problem is the capacitor grade Ta, some properties are not stable.

the EBM Ta powder is another kind powder, we also hydride Nb or Ta for other applications.

we also have Nb powders.

we do the whole process, from the Ta and Nb minerals to Ta and Nb oxide, K2TaF7, LiTaO3 and so on.

Nb and Ta powders, Nb alloys, Ta alloys and etc.
Don't remember how much oxygen. I never made capacitor grade powder.

Most of what I was making was Ta2O5 99.99 % metals basis with the goal for optical grade materials.

Don't remember how much oxygen. I never made capacitor grade powder.

Most of what I was making was Ta2O5 99.99 % metals basis with the goal for optical grade materials.
i see. we also do the material like Ta2O5, Nb2O5 for optical grade, crystal grade, thin film and etc...

they can be recovered. but only 20 pounds, too small.
Do either of you know if there is actually any demand for Tantulum capacitor scrap? I have been saving it for years. I must have 20 pounds

Latest posts

Back