Estimate on pin yield.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glondor

Hye all. I am looking for a bit of help on the yield on a mix of pins. The batch is 1850 g. ( 4.07 pounds). The pins are quite a mix, with lots of flash and partial plate mixed with higher grade full heavy palate material. I am looking for a serious, educated assessment based on what you see in the photos. I will PM each reply with my estimate if you would like. I don't want to post it yet and bias the answers. I will answer any questions as they arise, if any. Thanks in advance, glondor

DSCN3247_zps9ab0d2eb.jpg

DSCN3246_zpsc149e471.jpg

DSCN3230_zps4fd2cb3e.jpg

DSCN3229_zps81446da6.jpg

DSCN3247_zps887ef331.jpg

DSCN3246_zps01814474.jpg

DSCN3228_zpsfcae41fb.jpg

well, theres alot of solder.a large part of the pins are the 0.01% pins.discounting the solder and the low grade pins,if there is a pound of good pins in the mix, there should be at least 2g.add the 3/100's from the low grade pins, about 2.03g-2.05g total.

Hey guys, Thanks a lot. Most were very close to my guesstimate. I see 1.2 g per pound, but I may have wishful thinking on my side. There is a fair blob or 2 of solder in the mix, but maybe some will be AU bearing. Lets hope. I will post results when done.

What process will you use for this mixed batch? I have similar stuff and trying to find out what would be best approach.
This is my first post here. A lot of useful information on this forum. Thanks

Shmandi,

Welcome to the forum! I see you've been a member for a while. I admire and appreciate your restraint in not posting on your first day here asking someone to rescue you from a mess you've already created. I believe you'll do well here.

Dave

FrugalRefiner said:
Shmandi,

Welcome to the forum! I see you've been a member for a while. I admire and appreciate your restraint in not posting on your first day here asking someone to rescue you from a mess you've already created. I believe you'll do well here.

Dave

Thanks. Most of the questions have already been answered. Just need to search for answers. And i haven't made any mess (yet), so far i am only collecting stuff.
ok, since this is guessing thread... i guess 3,5 grams for all. and if i win, i want detailed description of procces :)

Back