gold recovery

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20221021-115141_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20221021-115149_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20221021-115141_Video Player.jpg
Maybe some forum setting?
Help me please
You need somehow to denox your solution.
The fact that the precipitate dissolves again indicate too much Nitric.
Do you have access to Sulfamic acid?
If not, do you have a button of Gold you can dissolve from?
If so, weigh the button and put it into the solution while hot. Let it be there til nothing more happens, add some more HCl. If there is no reaction, take the button out and weigh it so you know how much Gold the solution has “borrowed”.
Now precipitate your Gold and weigh what was borrowed and put it back to the button.
The rest is your Gold from this batch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221021-115102_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20221021-115102_Video Player.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 0
Good afternoon friends
Does precipitation of gold in hot AR solution affect the gold's decision? Can it hinder the precipitation of gold?
Not exactly, but it redissolve just as fast as it precipitates out.
This is one of the places a SO2 generator works good, because the SO2 do not add anything to the solution.
This means you can use it directly.

Not exactly, but it redissolve just as fast as it precipitates out.
This is one of the places a SO2 generator works good, because the SO2 do not add anything to the solution.
This means you can use it directly.
Thanks Yggdrasil por sua ajuda
I used direct sulfamic acid now undiluted in water H2O,
I'll do another addition in 1 hour.

The first step after inquartation should have been removal of everything that isn’t gold with distilled water and Nitric. Not AR. You can’t refine until you recover. All you did was dissolve everything into a mixed up solution of all the metals without removing any of them from the equation. Cement it all out, melt into shot or flake and start over using distilled water and Nitric. Sreetips has several videos showing how and explaining wideos

Yggdrasil Yggdrasil I started an evaporation of the solution thinking about the possibility of having an excess of nitric hno3 last night, it's been 24 hours.

I added sulfamic acid as recommended and proceeded with the evaporation of the hno3 in solution.

would it be ok after evaporation I add a few ml of HCL to renew the solution by heating and stirring well?

THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME MY FAMILY THANKS YOU.

Karel, what do you accomplish by quoting a reply without adding other information or question?

Yggdrasil Yggdrasil I started an evaporation of the solution thinking about the possibility of having an excess of nitric hno3 last night, it's been 24 hours.

I added sulfamic acid as recommended and proceeded with the evaporation of the hno3 in solution.

would it be ok after evaporation I add a few ml of HCL to renew the solution by heating and stirring well?

THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME MY FAMILY THANKS YOU.
If you add Sulfamic to the solution when it is about 80-85 centigrade it should foam up if it has excess Nitric.
If it don't foam there should not be free Nitric and you can precipitate as normal.
And adding HCl to the solution will not do anything bad, it can be beneficial if the acidity is low (HCl is some how depleted).
But it should not really be needed.

If you add Sulfamic to the solution when it is about 80-85 centigrade it should foam up if it has excess Nitric.
If it don't foam there should not be free Nitric and you can precipitate as normal.
And adding HCl to the solution will not do anything bad, it can be beneficial if the acidity is low (HCl is some how depleted).
But it should not really be needed.

The first step after inquartation should have been removal of everything that isn’t gold with distilled water and Nitric. Not AR. You can’t refine until you recover. All you did was dissolve everything into a mixed up solution of all the metals without removing any of them from the equation. Cement it all out, melt into shot or flake and start over using distilled water and Nitric. Sreetips has several videos showing how and explaining why.
Firstly I have started with AG, after it did not dissolve the gold and only cover gold flakes black residues, I have again smelted gold and made new flake which become again gold color, then I have deposit gold in nitric acid for about 30 minutes and added same amount of distill water for about 2 hours, than I washer gold and smelted with same amount gold, than I mix 1:3 with hydrochloric acid and deposit god in it. Left it over night to complete the reaction, when that stop there we no more gold flakes, all dissolved, only than I added small amounts of bicarb soda which wa to neutralize the acid and leave me with dak brown gold which is to be smelted, that did, all solution turn dark blue and that is what I have now.

Firstly I have started with AG it is Ag there is no element called AG., after it did not dissolve the gold and only cover gold flakes black residues I do not understand your meaning here, do you mean that the Gold was covered with a black residue? I have again smelted gold and made new flake which become again gold color, did you add any Silver to this? then I have deposit gold in nitric acid for about 30 minutes and added same amount of distill water for about 2 hours, than I washer gold and smelted with same amount gold, than I mix 1:3 with hydrochloric acid and deposit god in it. This part made no sense to me at all, can you describe mire detailed and step by step? Left it over night to complete the reaction, when that stop there we no more gold flakes, all dissolved,this is good only than I added small amounts of bicarb soda which wa to neutralize the acid and leave me with dak brown gold which is to be smelted, why in the world did you do that, and where did you learn that? that did, all solution turn dark blue and that is what I have now. Have you tested the solution for Gold with Stannous?

Sorry mate but it is very confusing to what you do and why you do it.
I’ll comment in the quote in bold.

I think it is wise that you put your solution and chemicals aside in a safe manner untill we can establish what happened and how to correct it.
Have you read C.M. Hokes book?
Have you studied the forum to establish what to do?

First I want you to describe in detail and step by step what you have done so far and if you remember the result of each step.
Then we can see if we can unfurl your mess and get some yellow metal from it.

Thank you my friend Yggdrasil, without your help I wouldn't be able to do it. Thanks to Shiva for everything too 🙏🙏🙏

yggdrasil you helped me to recover my gold with good will.

Thanks to your help I will be able to help feed my family for a long time.

I appreciate the existence of this FORUM without it I would not have evolved so much and courage to make such a large AU recovery for me about 10 troy ounces. Today I'm going to sleep because yesterday I couldn't sleep.

Thank you for your help.
20221021_162206.jpgView attachment 20221021_154051.mp4View attachment 20221021_154051.mp4View attachment 20221021_154051.mp4View attachment 20221021_154051.mp4View attachment 20221021_154051.mp4

Attachments

• 20221021_162052.jpg
    20221021_162052.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221021_153843.jpg
    20221021_153843.jpg
Thank you my friend Yggdrasil, without your help I wouldn't be able to do it. Thanks to Shiva for everything too 🙏🙏🙏

yggdrasil helped a lot to recover my gold with good will.

Thanks to your help I will be able to help
my family for a long time.

Thanks to FORUM GRF, without him I wouldn't have evolved so much and courage to make such a big AU recovery for me about 10 troy ounces. Today I'm going to sleep because yesterday I couldn't sleep. 🙏🙏🙏

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• 20221021_162206.jpg
    20221021_162206.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • 20221021_162052.jpg
    20221021_162052.jpg
  • 20221021_153843.jpg
    20221021_153843.jpg
  • 20221021_154051.mp4