Hunters Chat Room

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good God that thing looks like it has diabetes!!!! Very nice! My most largest fish would be the hybrid/striper and a few paddlefish. Oh and I forgot one was an alligator gar. I have a picture somewhere, showing they were as big as our jon boats. Anyone hunted these with a bow?

-Andrew

I started thinking about it and I don't think it would be such a horrible idea to have a small GRF fishing tourney. It would have to be based on the honor system being people are from all over. However, it might give some a good reason just to get out and go. Heck that could maybe even be the contest, just to get out.
I'm just curious how many would try to use it as an excuse later on when the wife/special other says,"Where do you think your going?" Ummmm....Were having a Grf fishing tourney. Then a, "I don't think so that was over two months ago!" :mrgreen:

acpeacemaker said:
Then a, "I don't think so that was over two months ago!"
Lol....
"Yes but honey,it"s a charity tourney,to help other members out,OH and by the way,it's a weekly tourney."

pinman said:
Was at the middle fork of the tuolumne river this past weekend.
http://i.imgur.com/ptFaD.jpg
Wild morels and fresh trout for dinner.

Those look whole in the pan, :shock: you don't half them? Hate the idea of a slug getting stuck up there and adding a little unwanted protein to the diet. :p

If you look down in the bottom left of the pan those look like halves. We used to half them and then soak them in a light saltwater, and they always cleaned up nicely. I love morels.

My son and I caught these beauties this morning.

Attachments

• 100_4767.jpg
    100_4767.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 169
Awesome Mic! I am in the Colorado mountains as we speak, and tomorrow I'll be after some brookies. I hope these fish aren't cell phone equipped yet. :lol:

-Andrew

acpeacemaker said:
I hope these fish aren't cell phone equipped yet.
jimdoc said:
Wow, that one has a cell phone. Look out he may be calling for help!
Lol......
That is what got him in trouble in the first place....he called for help,and I caught them too....lol.
acpeacemaker said:
Awesome Mic! I am in the Colorado mountains as we speak, and tomorrow I'll be after some brookies.
Very nice Andrew.Can't wait to see what you catch!Hopefully I will be going out in a few hours to get the one that I missed this morning.....it was about 24-26 inches.One of the largest trout I've ever seen.

Our youngest brother, Ricky, was visiting Orlando in 2010. Our brother Carlos took him "pond hoping" & Ricky caught this 12 pounder.

Phil

Attachments

• ricky's 12# bass.jpg
    ricky's 12# bass.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 131
jimdoc said:
Wow, that one has a cell phone. Look out he may be calling for help!

Jim

A funny story. My cats love to hunt because where I live is all woods. I come home to find some of the darnedest things laying in my yard sometimes. Snakes, birds, rabbits, you name it. Well the other day i'm out in the yard with my 5 year old and my cat Victor has killed a squirrel and brought it up. I took a picture of the squirrel and was sending it to a couple of friends when I noticed something strange in the picture and my kid ask me about it. My son looks at me and says “ what happened to the squirrel ?” Without hesitation I said “ See son I told you smoking would kill you” It was the cigarettes that got him. Rotfl

Attachments

• K I A.jpg
    K I A.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 129
Well I caught the trout that I missed yesterday.......and his buddies.I'll post a pic later.

Ok here they are.They were 16",19",22",and 24".As I was pulling up the 24" trout,I was fighting to keep it out of a dolphin's mouth! Just as I lifted it out of the water,the dolphin came about 2 feet out of the water to get it......thank god I was on a pier,where I was able to lift it about 6 feet out of the water.

Attachments

• 100_4827.jpg
    100_4827.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 116
  • 100_4829.jpg
    100_4829.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 116
  • 100_4831.jpg
    100_4831.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 116
Hey Philly Philly!
Yes they are.Hunter caught the smallest,and second largest ones in the first picture(15",and 18").He was freaking out.I am taking him back out in the morning.
Johnny

That had to be one of the worst fishing trips I ever had. I was fishing for some brookies and searching for some placer deposits on some land close and above timberline that I grew up around. I rented a new Jeep Patriot for the week not wanting to put so many miles on my own truck. Being that I would be making several trips from Missouri to Colorado for moving reasons.

Well, when I came down from timberline getting ready to go down a very steep mountain pass it died on me. No warning signs, no sounds, just flat out died. Hurrying, to struggle and figure out what it was and knowing cars were coming down behind me. I quickly coasted with no power steering for well over a mile. Then walked to the nearest town and finally got a cell signal. I called the rental company and they told me it would be till almost 1:00 am before they could get anyone to me. They asked about me staying in a hotel there where I was. I was supposed to be in another town 2 1/2 hours away and the hotel was almost $250 a night. When they showed up they brought us a nice compact Toyota Corolla and said it was all they had. I wanted to call the person on the phone so many names, but I knew it wouldn't do any good. Anyone try and squeeze four kids and two adults in a Corolla, and drive 11 hours? ughhh..... Not only that this car was way cheaper to rent than what I initially had. I just got back to Missouri and argued with the people of what we should pay.

Not to bad, walked away satisfied. And of course I will be back in the mountains next week. :p

-Andrew

Well, my son his 11 year boy and I have been going after them bears agai this hunting season, and yesterday we hit the jackpot!!! 8)
Two Black Bear Boars, about 250 pounds a piece. They were in the right spot; 340 yds shots. The first one went down, but we couldn't see what happened to it. So, 30 seconds later, a bear appears, (we thought it was the same), he was broadside and I took a shot. My son spotted for me, "340 yds, aim 3" hi; so I did and the impact sent the bear rolling a good 10 feet! It moaned for about 10 seconds, and then silence. We went to pick this bear up, and lo and behold, the first bear was 40 yds down hill in a pool of blood and still alive. One 45 slug into the chest and was dead. Then the "fun" part, hauling them both out over half a mile.
We shot them at 7:40 am; got done skinning them at 10 pm. What a day!

Thanks!
Phil

Attachments

• bear hunt 2012.jpg
    bear hunt 2012.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 41
Back