Hunters Chat Room

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple more pic's of our bears. The one has a white mark on the chest and the other bear is amber with a golden mohawk.

Attachments

• 2012 bear huntn3.JPG
    2012 bear huntn3.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 246
  • 2012 bear huntn2.JPG
    2012 bear huntn2.JPG
    552.6 KB · Views: 246
  • bear hunt 2012 5.JPG
    bear hunt 2012 5.JPG
    545.4 KB · Views: 246
Yesterday's score 28 pounds 12 inch beard and 1.5 ish inch spurs. Should score between 79.4 and 80.6 on the National Wild Turkey Federation record book.
Shot from the ground while stalking with a longbow that I made. The arrow (that went through his head) was fletched with turkey feathers from the last trophy bird that I harvested. Made for a long and scary walk out of the woods. Being there's been a cougar out there as of late.

Attachments

• IMG_20130107_151826.jpg
    IMG_20130107_151826.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 199
Doing my firearm and hunting license in two week-ends. I'll probably get a .223 and hunt small game like coyotes.

Nice bird, Jimmi!
I'll have to try turkey hunting one of these seasons.

Noxx, you'll enjoy every minute of it!

On another note, I just got back my trophy last week! My first black bear! 8)
Phil

Attachments

• e-scrap 004.JPG
    e-scrap 004.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 189
That is a really nice looking Bear Mount. The bow I used for the turkey I had originally built to hunt bear with. But my friend in the Upper Peninsula has died now and I have nowhere to go. It's still really fun to smoke a turkey or anything else with it though. As for extra arrows, you don't really need them. At least when you shoot the bird through the head with the first one, lol. Time to go buy another turkey tag and see if I can get two. I also have another deer tag to fill before the season ends
Knox you're really gonna love it if you haven't done it already.
On a side note this turkey is going to go the way of my last one and become one giant birdzilla of a turducken!!! Oooooo I can't wait.

Jimmi said:
Shot from the ground while stalking with a longbow that I made.

That is a very nice looking longbow. Was it your first? Nothing like hunting with something you've made yourself.

Thanks for asking... No that bow is not the first one I've made. I believe it's the fifth. The one pictured is a laminate bow with a hickory belly, bamboo core and fiberglass back.. The tips are Osage orange. Other bows I've made have been made from mulberry, Osage and white oak/ glass. I also just got the materials for my four year old sons first bow. Can't wait to get started on it, just have to finish washing the silver I'm working on first.

a distant relative of mine.

http://whnt.com/2013/03/01/walker-county-man-lands-70-pound-striped-bass/

We had another safe and productive hunting season!
My son bagged a black bear and a deer. I bagged a deer, so, we have plenty of meat in the freezers!

Phil

Attachments

• photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 42
  • photo 2 (1).JPG
    photo 2 (1).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 42
Just curious....do you eat those bears? Aren't they full of trichina worms? And if so, how long do you have to cook them in order to kill the trichinellas?

solar_plasma said:
Just curious....do you eat those bears? Aren't they full of trichina worms? And if so, how long do you have to cook them in order to kill the trichinellas?
I don't know about Bear meat having these worms, But they are very common in Pork and as long as it is properly cooked, they present no problem to us. Yuk :!:
It is very important to cook ALL meat fully (not rare) to kill off organisms that can harm us.

Latest posts

Back