Merged Topics on Ceramic CPU Recovery with Yields

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok i can tell you more about alchemy, if you teach me to refine gold through chemistry...

This is what i can reveal without being banned (i hope) as for goldrefining in ancient times. Manna, Milk, and Honey boiled on the stove, tried in the oven as a sacrifice to the Judge of Israel, as was concidered a precisous metal. Remeber Gold existed long time before modern chemistry. Later the preists took the vowes from nazarites and put it in water and bubble bubbles in it this is a base rather then an acid, but it was used to refine what we know today as "Judengold". This method to do gold by jewish preists was common until the world war 2 when nazis took their hands on practially every gold jews created...

One_Mile_Shadow said:
This is what i can reveal without being banned (i hope) as for goldrefining in ancient times. Manna, Milk, and Honey boiled on the stove, tried in the oven as a sacrifice to the Judge of Israel, as was concidered a precisous metal. Remeber Gold existed long time before modern chemistry. Later the preists took the vowes from nazarites and put it in water and bubble bubbles in it this is a base rather then an acid, but it was used to refine what we know today as "Judengold". This method to do gold by jewish preists was common until the world war 2 when nazis took their hands on practially every gold jews created...

Just curious why you would be interested in refining gold chemically when you can use this method and whatever else goes with it which you are not allowed to tell us?

thanks, well I will help you as much as I can, but, you have to do all the work.
gold has always took hard work as far as I know, you will need to get a copy of Hoke's book, there is a download for this book on the forum, reading it will give you an education on refining, also Laser Steve , a member here has a web site, with video's. and information on alot of the processes we use for recovering and then refining gold from electronic scrap.
these will get you started, then reading through this forum there is a goldmine of information.
be respectful to all members as we are a group, and we keep this forum this best place to learn about refining, we also discourage nonsense as that would only make confusion and trouble.

run into trouble with a process ask questions there is a very smart group of people here and one of them can help you through it. also professional refiners here are a backbone of this group they also work hard to keep us all in line.

Now get Hokes book see what you have been missing.

One_Mile_Shadow said:
Ok i can tell you more about alchemy, if you teach me to refine gold through chemistry...
Heh!
Let's say it like this. You are welcome to join us as a group, and are free to learn the art of refining, but one thing you must understand---we are a gathering of intelligent people, not often taken by nonsense. Alchemy is just that---nonsense. Here---you will be expected to discuss the processing of precious metals in the real world, not one of your imagination or, perhaps, your liking. Do abandon any thoughts of wasting time here discussing alchemy, and also that of religion.

We have readers here from all corners of the globe. Please keep your comments such that they remain neutral--with no religious overtones.

I do not suffer fools gladly. I hope your comment about tapping pigs feet was said in jest. I am very sensitive to unkind comments made towards my friend, butcher. Please refrain from such comments on this forum. Show due respect to all readers.

Read Hoke. Read Hoke again, until what she tells you makes sense.

Harold

No offence taken when I type on the computer it is like tapping my pig's feet, I thought it was funny.
Listen to Harold and read His posts, along with Hokes book, and you will learn to refine gold and gold to a high purity following his advice, Harold also has a way of helping us refine our character, Harold’s advice can be taken to the bank.

Here on the forum if you work at it you will also learn chemistry, learn to recover and refine metals, it takes the mystery out of Alchemy.you meet some really great people always willing to help, sometimes it may seem like something somebody says is offensive, hardly ever will that be the case here, so try not to take offence at someone’s comments, most of the time it comes out in the wash that comment was only meant to help and it was the persons judgment, or not wanting to hear the comment that creates confusion and hard feelings, with out being able to see the person in person we discuss these things with, comments can be taken wrong, try to hold back on ego and hurt feelings and we soon see we are all here to help each other refine gold and other metals.

I need a little clarification on step 25 of Steve's "poorman's ar" recipe. Step #25 indicates that we start over at step 3 with just the gold powders. That is understood...Isn't that a little much Sodium Nitrate to be used for a purification run. All or most of the impurities and all of the base metals have been removed already. So...My question is how much should we use on this run with just the gold powder?
Thank you
Glenn

You should add it slowly, watching for the reaction to stop, the adding a little bit more. Your goal is to use no more nitrate than needed to completely dissolve the gold. Otherwise you have to use the evaporation method, urea, or add a piece of pure gold of known weight to use up the rest of the nitric so you can precipitate fully.

I have another question. When I get to step 9 and 10 and pour off the dark liquid, Is there going to be any gold disolved in it? If so, do I need to boil all of the dark fluid later to boil off the Nitric for precipitation?

I am setting up some stannus now. My situation is this:
1. Just before winter set in last year, I started a large lot of cell phone components that had plated pins etc. I started disolving them in HCL and Peroxide. It desolved all of the base metals and then I could not get out to finish the process. It eventually dried and left me with a huge mess to seperate and a lot of powders. I understand that there are a lot of other metals besides gold there. I figured that the best thing to do is to go to an AR process. I have drained a concentrated mixture off 2 times and started over with step 3. I am now on step 9 for the 5th or 6th time. It looks like I will have to drain off and filter again and start from step 3 again. This seems excessive since there are no solids in the mix. Please advise...

Now I have started over at step 3 again. In following the steps I find no Red or Brown fumes. I assume that this means that There is nothing left to disolve or absorb.

Harkey1 said:
I have another question. When I get to step 9 and 10 and pour off the dark liquid, Is there going to be any gold disolved in it? If so, do I need to boil all of the dark fluid later to boil off the Nitric for precipitation?
Do not use the term *boil* when you mean evaporate. That is not an acceptable approach to evaporating solutions that contain values, as some are lost in the process. If you mean evaporate, that's what you should say.

Harold

I get confused by the steps sounds like dancing to me.

If you have no solids (base metals to react with any free nitric in the solution, it will not produce NOx gases (the brown fumes I think you are asking about), I think it is very possible you could have nitric in solution but no more metals for it to attack,

Harold has given us a very good tool to help eliminate nitric in solution, adding a bit of gold, You could try something similar to this with other materials, like memory fingers if you already have a solution loaded with base metals, I am at a loss to exactly what you are working on so it hard to advise.

Right on the head.
1. recombine all of the solutions that I have poured off and eliminate the nitric at the same time. with gold
2. all of the powders filtered out need to be back the solutions for the finish treatment...correct?
3.a stannus test will not show a positive as long as there is nitric or chlorine (not in this solution, but in general) in the solution. so get rid of it.
4. nothing will drop as long as there is nitric or chlorine in the mix.
Do I have it correct?
My question was how to make sure that there was no more nitric in the solution when we are notgetting the gas anymore?
As one of the steps we are told to put the solids back into the pot. does that include the powders and gold dust in the mix. From my understanding there should be nothing left dust or otherwise. the Nitric should contain it all and require precipitating it all one at a time.
Am I off base?

What exactly did you start with and how much?
I don't understand why you want to put something you filtered out of the solution back in, unless you are sure what it is. Are you sure what it is?

Jim

I started with 20 oz of plastic parts from cell phones from last fall. they all disolved in Hcl/Peroxide. So I have been using my electric cell and decided to pour off the sulfuric and filter. I added the powder to the mix from the dried hcl and peroxide and put it in the poormans ar. I had no solids at all in any part of it. There was almost 25 grams of powder from the cell. by my understanding the ar is supposed to completely absorb everything. that is why I am wondering about putting it back. The thinking is to let it absorb everything and then precipitate one element at a time.

Harkey1, it sounds to me you are making this more complicated, and sorry it is hard to follow you and exactly what you are doing so trying to help is hard.

if you deplated gold from a sulfuric cell and have the washed powders, and now dissolving them in aqua regia (poor mans), the only problem I see with poor mans in my opinion would be with any silver which may also form sulfates of silver with silver chloride, from the sulfate salts from the reaction with fertilizers, lead would also be mixed with these if it was also in solution, all would be left as insoluble powders, easily decanted and filtered, basically you have values dissolved in aqua regia, once dissolved, use evaporation (the gold if you have it) to drive off nitric as NOx fumes, taking it down to a thick syrup, rewetting with some HCL, and repeat for three evaporations, this will eliminate nitric in solution, add to dilute 4 to 10 time's the solutions amount in water, let this set overnight, you will most likely have white salts of any silver lead and other insoluble’s the next morning, carefully decant (pour off or suction out ) the solution careful not to disturb the white settlement in bottom of vessel, filter this solution, now you can use the chemical of your choice to precipitate the gold as brown or black powders, depending on purity of your solution, remember to test with stannous chloride , also see Harold’s technique for washing gold powder, (?? getting gold pure I believe was the post he put it in??).

Hope I did not leave out any details, I think you are getting there, it will be easier as you get more practice.

Edit for spell check and periods

Ok, I have no more solids so I need to drive off the nitric. I have no gold to do that with. I will now find a way to get rid of the nitric in all of the filtered solutions and what is in the pot.

Latest posts

Back