scored big today.. at least big to me ...best way to do thes

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Butcher .Geo. you guys got me laughing
A real Abbott and castello.!

What I did was hit the quote instead of edit
Then I fixed (edited the quote) the mistake
Still believing I was just editing the original post

Then when posted took me for a loop
When i finally figured it out I came to realize
The original post still had mistakes so I deleted it
So to speak.

Hi Chris!
I know they do rust fast, but I couldn't pass the deal! We'll be using some parts in our new lab and the rest will be scrapped.

On another note, we just picked up a couple of HP servers; also a Philips server, plus 225 Dell Pc's.
The pic's is of two of 12 panels from the Philips. I can't find any information on the Philips MAG1 ceramic cpu's, nor the PEARL, or SMAC, CHARL, PROF.
Some of the other boards have i486's & i960, but those Philips... I hope someone can help me with some information on them.

Thanks!
Phil

Attachments

• e-scrap 003.JPG
    e-scrap 003.JPG
    3.9 MB
  • e-scrap 002.JPG
    e-scrap 002.JPG
    3.8 MB
philddreamer said:
Hi Chris!
I know they do rust fast, but I couldn't pass the deal! We'll be using some parts in our new lab and the rest will be scrapped.

You might get them to last longer with a Teflon spay paint.

You always get some nice boards.

Eric

Man, nice looking boards.
The old stuff is getting sparse these days, although seems like Cisco, Sun, etc still deck their hardware out fairly well.
Thought I'd upload a pic of the button I recovered from those little Quallcom units
HPIM1356.jpg
4.8 best.jpg

hey Phil, when searching on info for those chips, search for microcontroller or microprocessor. they are not classified as CPU's.

Thanks Geo; I learned something new today! 8)
After knowing, from the information shared in this great forum, the goodies that were hidden in the servers, I was able to outbid the scrapper! :mrgreen:

Nice button Harvester!

Attachments

• servers.jpg
    servers.jpg
    100.4 KB
Nice boards
I need to start investing
I am getting tired of doing so much for so little

This came from my cell at 2 full days of prep And work.
2.3 grams m
aybe 1 more gram dropped out
Last night and maybe 1.5 grams in solution
And I still got like 200lbs of these couplers with
4 pencil size pins(week plating 5 seconds in cell)

Don't get me wrong I am not complaining, I am
Very thankful for you guys and the form or I would
Really be dead
As this is what I planned is paying for my fuel pump
thanks Steyr223. Rob

Thanks butcher
Couldn't of read that at a better time

My flask broke at the neck
Apparently my brake bleeder sat to long with acid
And my pants! Well lets just say sulfuric doesn't agree
With my cloths:lol:
I will buy a protective apron of some sort when I'm
Up and running

I see the different aspects now between a hobbyist and
a full time refiner
Now I think I understand why Harold is so hard on
Safety and proper procedure.
What the weekend refiner gets away with can in no way
be the same for full time
Thanks Steyr223 rob

Spent the day taking apart some of the servers. I did a quick test on a 6.75 in. piece of "silver" wire that has plated gold connectors on each end. There was 1 gram of the mesh that tested + for silver. Tomorrow will do further testing on the wire. We have 250 feet of such wire!
I still scratch my head when I remember that the items were referred to as "storage units"... :shock: Some storage units! :mrgreen:
Phil

Attachments

• e-scrap 005.JPG
    e-scrap 005.JPG
    52.7 KB
Phil,

In computer lingo, 'storage' means hard drive space, as in digital storage unit. Data centers used by large businesses and government agencies require centralized storage (hard drive space) for their data so that multiple users can work off of the same data sets. The storage units also provide redundancy of data for fault tolerance in case of failure of the hardware.

Steve

Phil,
In computer lingo, 'storage' means hard drive space, as in digital storage unit. Data centers used by large businesses and government agencies require centralized storage (hard drive space) for their data so that multiple users can work off of the same data sets. The storage units also provide redundancy of data for fault tolerance in case of failure of the hardware.
Steve
Thank you, Steve, I learned something new today! 8)

Rob, I really don't now if is all silver or not... I just used the silver testing solution and got a positive. I need to run a test thru nitric so to know the percentage. But I'm overloaded with all kinds of work, so it'll be a while! :shock:

Thanks!
Phil

philddreamer said:
Hi Chris!

On another note, we just picked up a couple of HP servers; also a Philips server, plus 225 Dell Pc's.
The pic's is of two of 12 panels from the Philips. I can't find any information on the Philips MAG1 ceramic cpu's, nor the PEARL, or SMAC, CHARL, PROF.
Some of the other boards have i486's & i960, but those Philips... I hope someone can help me with some information on them.

Thanks!
Phil

Simple Media Access. Controller (SMAC) I would guess on the Japan chips think I saw philips has a two wire protocal for networks

looks like some gold plated RF connectors on e003 pict [stt]may be for some wireless access points[/stt]--is this from a hospital :?:

Edit to add

looks like it might be a BOARD for Integris V5000 from philips, if you X-ray parts now you could store them
maybe or post some part numbers on a medical equipment site to see if any interest, Happy Holidays :)
DFFD.JPG

philddreamer said:
Hi Keith!
I really don't know if its from a hospital, but it sure seems to be a lot high grade components, so maybe it is...
Thanks!
Phil

the hex code on the corner DFFD comes back as a philips board, doubt if much about the components can be found easy, i just ran numbers from the picture , not sure what you handle in the shop but should be converter and power cards in the rack , think I heard somebody X-rays parts and they may want some components ,

The power unit is heavy duty stuff, the copper wires coming in to power the unit and inside was heavy gauge, too; S.S. bolts all over...
I'll post some more pic's later today.
Thank Keith!
Phil

philddreamer said:
The power unit is heavy duty stuff, the copper wires coming in to power the unit and inside was heavy gauge, too; S.S. bolts all over...
I'll post some more pic's later today.
Thank Keith!
Phil

I would have that stuff all kinds of apart, :lol:

Had a HP UPS for a server, 300lbs of batteries, and the hardware is nice having forlater , Butcher may need an A/C inverter out of there too,.. :!:

philddreamer said:
Spent the day taking apart some of the servers. I did a quick test on a 6.75 in. piece of "silver" wire that has plated gold connectors on each end. There was 1 gram of the mesh that tested + for silver. Tomorrow will do further testing on the wire. We have 250 feet of such wire!
I still scratch my head when I remember that the items were referred to as "storage units"... :shock: Some storage units! :mrgreen:
Phil
Hey Phil,
I recovered that same wire from imaging machines (ultrasound). The data sheet I came up with for the machine spec'd copper core silver wire; if I remember right it came out to something like 60-40 or 70-30 silver to copper.
Silver provides a much cleaner signal apparently.
Jim

Latest posts

Back