scored big today.. at least big to me ...best way to do thes

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, if some of this wire found its way into Hcl/hp leach, the black particles that fell would be silver chloride, which is not the easiest form of silver to work with, right?
Short of springing for nitric (145.00/2 litres), which process would be advised for recovering the silver from this wire?
Thanks

Harvester3 said:
So, if some of this wire found its way into Hcl/hp leach, the black particles that fell would be silver chloride, which is not the easiest form of silver to work with, right?
Short of springing for nitric (145.00/2 litres), which process would be advised for recovering the silver from this wire?
Thanks

ive experimented with silver plated pins in AP before. the silver passivates in AP solution as long as you dont agitate and very little AgCl is formed. it may not work with wire because theres no entry point for the solution unless it cut in small pieces.

common distilling labware.

here is one of the kits they sell on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chemistry-Lab-Glassware-Kit-Distillation-Apparatus-Lab-Glass-/170949807454?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27cd670d5e

Attachments

• distill.jpg
    distill.jpg
    6.5 KB
Today I had another little" big score"! A new 22"W x 36"L x 26"H stainless hood. It was selling for $15.00, but someone beat me to it! :cry:
So I offered him $25.00 for it... now its mine! :mrgreen:
I'm re-modeling my work area, so my melting corner is going to look nice! 8)
Phil

Attachments

• 2013 015.JPG
    2013 015.JPG
    163.5 KB
  • 2013 013.JPG
    2013 013.JPG
    129.8 KB
  • 2013 012.JPG
    2013 012.JPG
    147.2 KB
Hey guys hows the refining
I will try to make this painless as possable

What do you think
Any ideas on what ti do and the best process
Fingers CuCl, goldbacks sulfuric cell,plastic chips patnors process, ect, or resale what kind of yields.

Thanks steyr223 rob

Attachments

• IMG_20140328_064029.jpg
    IMG_20140328_064029.jpg
    462.6 KB
  • IMG_20140328_064309.jpg
    IMG_20140328_064309.jpg
    573.5 KB
Um....a you got me
10 grams per boards or for all
Or per/chip :mrgreen:

I took apart some computer/monitors that had printer paper and looks llike round 6 or 9 pin serial adapters they
Say. ECG/resp a pic of a heart anyways point is these boards must be from medical

There are boards with an air hose attatched to something that looks good for the sulfuric cell

I will post more pics tonight
Thanks steyr223 rob

Attachments

• CAM00091.jpg
    CAM00091.jpg
    1.1 MB
Any one
I just wrote a whole hour and it didnt post
Can anyone give me an idea what these boards are worth
Yeilds and if sold outright what a fair price would be.

If i removed all the chips would i incinerate and use
Patnors process
I cant really incinerateon that kind of sscale out of my truck
Maybe toll refining?

This is the best quality for quantity ti date
And i just don't want to mess it up

Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated
Thanks steyr223rob

Not an expert, but those look like control and logic boards out of a EMC mass storage disk array. Are there any of the memory boards in the lot?

Chips can be funky. Usually those two sided one's are low yield. But who knows what they were made out of.

Break one apart with some cutters. The metal will have a coat on it for where it binds to legs or the center of the processor. Coatings can be silver, gold, palladium. Where some chips will have actually gold or silver wires. So I would think you have low yield which means a lot of time and effort for maybe a small yield. Break some apart and see what you find. The data sheet probably won't tell you much on those. Unless you have a pallet of those boards it's probably not worth getting it refined by an outside company. If you do it yourself send patnor $5 for his PDF. And make yourself a little sluic with corregated tubing. Search on the forum for it. Save yourself some hours. Do the incineration in the middle of the night if your worried about neighbors. That's what I do. The hard part is getting the coatings off the magnetic pieces. A recent topic called "the beads are great" has some good info on that.

Those blue things on your boards. Break one with a hammer. I think they have some gold plated parts in them, if they are what I think they are. Hammer should shatter it.

Latest posts

Back