• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The Illustrated Guide to Gold Recovery from Foil

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a weird thing happen on an auction site for the guide. I buyer wanted to know how much for 5. I gave him the GRF price. He agreed. I invoiced him. He paid. I packaged it up and went online to tell him I will be sending it out in the morning. Then he asked how many grams he is getting. This was an odd question. Then I realized he may think he is buying gold so I confirmed it was a book (5 copies) he ordered and requested his immediate response. Still no word back. Do I ship? :?:

I know but it might just be a language understanding or maybe a desperate person in need of money. I will refund him if he wishes.

Thanks to those who let me know about the order link on the member's page on the Guide site.
It's is now fixed so you can order the guide ( from the link in my signature) and I will send money to NOXX to help keep this site alive and running.

joem said:
Thanks to those who let me know about the order link on the member's page on the Guide site.
It's is now fixed so you can order the guide ( from the link in my signature) and I will send money to NOXX to help keep this site alive and running.

I have been lurking for a couple of weeks now and am finally going to attempt to acquire enough memory sticks to recover and refine gold and other precious metals. I just ordered the Guide and am anxious for its arrival. Thanks for providing this information!

Auful said:
joem said:

I have been lurking for a couple of weeks now and am finally going to attempt to acquire enough memory sticks to recover and refine gold and other precious metals. I just ordered the Guide and am anxious for its arrival. Thanks for providing this information!

I hope the guide meets your expectations

joem said:

I received the guide yesterday. It is very easy to read, appealing to the eyes and gives wonderful detail. Now all I need to do is acquire enough foils to actually use the guide to process something.

One note: I had hoped it would have greater detail about filtering, but that's ok. I know it is recommended to decant and/or siphon primarily, but filtering will undoubtedly have to occasionally occur. I feel quite deficient at this task and don't want to lose precious PMs. I will do some more research on this site. However, If anybody might happen to have a link to a thread on GRF that deals with filtering techniques/construction, I would be appreciative if you share. I have searched already a while and am still not entirely sure I can construct the "plug" filters discussed from time to time.

Thanks

joem said:

The link is where I saw it, I sped' red it, looks like it will be fine plus easy to give a little support ,...

Attachments

• IMG_20121209_180716 (2).jpg
    IMG_20121209_180716 (2).jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 136
Auful said:
joem said:

I received the guide yesterday. It is very easy to read, appealing to the eyes and gives wonderful detail. Now all I need to do is acquire enough foils to actually use the guide to process something.

One note: I had hoped it would have greater detail about filtering, but that's ok. I know it is recommended to decant and/or siphon primarily, but filtering will undoubtedly have to occasionally occur. I feel quite deficient at this task and don't want to lose precious PMs. I will do some more research on this site. However, If anybody might happen to have a link to a thread on GRF that deals with filtering techniques/construction, I would be appreciative if you share. I have searched already a while and am still not entirely sure I can construct the "plug" filters discussed from time to time.

Thanks

I found this one with advanced search,
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=10273&p=99090&hilit=+filtering#p99090

in the other tutorials it has a good one on searches,

scrappile said:
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=10273&p=99090&hilit=+filtering#p99090

Thank you. I feel the need to reiterate the nice layout and easy read the guide provides and thank Joem and LaserSteve for putting it together. Also, thank you, scrappile, for directing me to advice and hinting to use advance search, whereby I was able to find sufficient information about filtering.

Auful said:
scrappile said:

Thank you. I feel the need to reiterate the nice layout and easy read the guide provides and thank Joem and LaserSteve for putting it together. Also, thank you, scrappile, for directing me to advice and hinting to use advance search, whereby I was able to find sufficient information about filtering.

Glad it helped, it is still "Fun" figuring out the right words to search, :lol: lots of the time I just read the old stuff cause I have found answers to questions I didn't even know I had,...

Hello all
I need your help. Just go to my website and click the like button at the top of the page. You don't need to buy anything, just click. Thanks for the help - Joe. http://www.newgoldpost.com/

joem said:
Finally after 7 months the guide's website just landed on page two of google

with which keyword? Just curious

other question..
What is the actual size of the booklet? inch by inch or centimetres

Latest posts

Back