• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Trade Where can I sell calaverite ore(contains 3~7kg of gold per ton)?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Telegram is not such a bad platform.
You can text, send pictures, video, and talk face to face.
In many ways you have better quality of audio than in the Cell networks.

But it is for information sharing and not for business, in my view anyway.

Many prefer it, specially when they don't feel proficient in English.
But it also is a very good platform to conduct scams, since it is hidden from outsiders.
You can overcome this by inviting more people into the channel, then the info is shared among all.

Edit for spelling.
The guy's from China, and he's lurking here asking people thousands of miles away if they want to buy some ore there aren't even any images of. This is so obviously a scam, the fact that he's still trying it... I dunno if it's hilarious or pathetic at this point.

Think about how expensive the shipping would be if it's even a few pounds total. From China to the USA? Talking at least $100 for the shipping by the cheapest method, and WEEKS of waiting... assuming it wouldn't just be seized by a CCP goon at the port for reasons... they don't really care about law when they can grab easy cash from a nobody without power or connections, you know. And there would be HIGH export/import duties on something like this too, and paperwork. Why isn't he looking for anyone on China? It makes no sense at all.

I've shipped a larger item internationally... ONCE. It was a pain in the butt, and I never EVER want to do it again.

If he was legit, he'd be asking someone to assay a tiny sample of the powdered, homogenized ore. An ounce would be more than enough. Any gold the assayer recovered would cover the cost of running the assay.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he was legit, he'd be asking someone to assay a tiny sample of the powdered, homogenized ore. An ounce would be more than enough. Any gold the assayer recovered would cover the cost of running the assay.
Per the bold print - which is why I said this may not be a scam - why - because his first question in his original post is asking that question --------
Where can I anaylsis this specimen?
He also says ---------

I am going to anaylsis specimen and then sell this ore.
So - at least what I am reading - he wants to have it assayed - & wants to know where to have it assayed - and then try to sell it - based on the results of the assay

Which again is why I ask how much he has

How much he has will determine his best direction (where) to first have it assayed and then the best way to try to sell it

Granted - it may well be a scam - but if it is - it's the first time I have seen a scammer ask - where & how do I get an assay - so that I can try to sell what I have

Most scammers try to sell you something based - on a claim of already having an assay - in order to try to make the (scam) sale

It is entirely possible that he got scammed - He may well have bought it from someone that told him it runs 3 - 7 kg/tons - & now he wants to find where to have it assayed - so he can then try to sell it --- Edit to add; - & the reason for the "title" of his post

Kurt

Last edited:
Biom.
He said nothing the the whole ore is comprised of Calaverite.
So his numbers might still be true.
He said calvarite . It's not true . Calvarite it's very rare and you check data sheets of calvarite .you can extract up to 300 kilo gold in one ton . Not 7 . It's very rare . If he found it .he can extract gold easy without going to all this . Tellurides gold ore been found but not as much he's claiming . It's a scam

The internet is extensively monitored in China. If he has something like this The CCP is already on their way to his house. They are in financial crisis right now in China not to mention about to start a war. Hell for all we know he could be an agent. China is eat up with scammers a lot worse than you think. Especially when it come to financial crimes. China has been a player in the exploration of minerals for some time now. They have plenty of people there who could handle this in a heart beat. Now he's just willy nilly out here on the world wide web looking for help. Yeah..... I have a bridge i want to sell them too! If he is doing this then i would recommend he leave the country to do it or look within China for help. Either way just posting here can get him into deep trouble and if that's not the case then he's an agent of the state. Either one is not good period. I would go to Russia first, before i would travel to China. At least with Russia you might get traded back. In China folks just drop off the grid. With my background they would love to talk to me! Ain't happening! Nope!

The internet is extensively monitored in China. If he has something like this The CCP is already on their way to his house. They are in financial crisis right now in China not to mention about to start a war. Hell for all we know he could be an agent. China is eat up with scammers a lot worse than you think. Especially when it come to financial crimes. China has been a player in the exploration of minerals for some time now. They have plenty of people there who could handle this in a heart beat. Now he's just willy nilly out here on the world wide web looking for help. Yeah..... I have a bridge i want to sell them too! If he is doing this then i would recommend he leave the country to do it or look within China for help. Either way just posting here can get him into deep trouble and if that's not the case then he's an agent of the state. Either one is not good period. I would go to Russia first, before i would travel to China. At least with Russia you might get traded back. In China folks just drop off the grid. With my background they would love to talk to me! Ain't happening! Nope!
It's been estimated by various different investigative journalists that 20% of China's economy is based on various forms of scams, frauds, and bootlegging outfits. The whole thing is a false front, backed by a government banking system with zero transparency.... though not much worse than the USA's now, honestly. Lol

The one important question here is where is this material located, if it’s in China then he needs no one from outside to get it processed unless he’s hoping to avoid paying any local taxes that are due , that could end very badly for all involved .

For what it is worth - this morning I received a PM from calaverite_jeweler

I do not believe he is trying to scam anyone - but believe he is simply trying to find out what he has - what it's value may be & if it's value is worth selling & if worth selling then for how much & where &/or to who

I followed up by asking some more questions - so lets see where this goes

I think what we are going to find - is that he has a specimen (or a few specimens) that have value as specimens - but not enough worth processing

I think this is a situation much like when people come here thinking that they can recover an ozt. gold from 10 pounds of mother boards - only in his case thinking the same from a small amount (specimen or a few specimens) of high grade ore

So lets wait & see how he answers the questions I asked him - before we continue to judge this as a scam

Kurt

For what it is worth - this morning I received a PM from calaverite_jeweler

I do not believe he is trying to scam anyone - but believe he is simply trying to find out what he has - what it's value may be & if it's value is worth selling & if worth selling then for how much & where &/or to who

I followed up by asking some more questions - so lets see where this goes

I think what we are going to find - is that he has a specimen (or a few specimens) that have value as specimens - but not enough worth processing

I think this is a situation much like when people come here thinking that they can recover an ozt. gold from 10 pounds of mother boards - only in his case thinking the same from a small amount (specimen or a few specimens) of high grade ore

So lets wait & see how he answers the questions I asked him - before we continue to judge this as a scam

Kurt
I totally agree, sometimes the scam cry tend to pop up a bit prematurely.

It would be sad if we scare off legit posters just by awkward language use.
Many lack proficiency in English and may unintentionally come off wrong.

Although there definitely are hoards of scammers out there, let’s at least give people posting here a chance of proving their case first.

I totally agree, sometimes the scam cry tend to pop up a bit prematurely.

It would be sad if we scare off legit posters just by awkward language use.
Many lack proficiency in English and may unintentionally come off wrong.

Although there definitely are hoards of scammers out there, let’s at least give people posting here a chance of proving their case first.
He's original title of the thread is 3 to 7 kilo gold in ton . It's a scam some how . It's not calvarite .and he's not showing any analyses .. scammers can come in so many deferent doors . China is very advanced in so many industry including refining . Any body that can find a very rare ore o. Or very high grade gold ore .they are not going to waste there time to place a add in this forum .unless it's a very big scam . This subject need to end because it's a scaaaaaaam .

He's original title of the thread is 3 to 7 kilo gold in ton . It's a scam some how . It's not calvarite .and he's not showing any analyses .. scammers can come in so many deferent doors . China is very advanced in so many industry including refining . Any body that can find a very rare ore o. Or very high grade gold ore .they are not going to waste there time to place a add in this forum .unless it's a very big scam . This subject need to end because it's a scaaaaaaam .
You are too hung up on the Calvarite.
He is asking on where to get his ore analysed.
In order to get it analysed he need to know where to take it.

I for instance have no idea where I should take a piece of ore to get it analysed in my own country.
Simply because that is not what I usually do.
I might find out if it became important to me, but not without some research.

Are there scammers in China, yes there are, is the OP a scammer?

Not necessarily, it is yet to be discovered.
So give the guy a chance to prove himself or to reveal himself.

Oreo
He forgot an “O” in ore. He has 7kilos of Oreo (‘s).
I’m in. Got mil

I for instance have no idea where I should take a piece of ore to get it analysed in my own country.

So give the guy a chance to prove himself or to reveal him
Do

This is a scam. He will send valuable samples then send crap ore if you purchase Think beyond the initial transaction. You have to be five steps ahead with this kind of scam. They truly are talented at their craft

Latest posts

Back