• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Trade Where can I sell calaverite ore(contains 3~7kg of gold per ton)?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Food can kill you?

Must be why I have had a double by pass, a ballon procedure and three stents along with both carotid arteries stripped. And you can live with an artery being closed at 100% if it’s the right one. The one I am dealing with right now was 100% blocked 9 days ago.

Food can kill you?

Must be why I have had a double by pass, a ballon procedure and three stents along with both carotid arteries stripped. And you can live with an artery being closed at 100% if it’s the right one. The one I am dealing with right now was 100% blocked 9 days ago.
Hope you feel better.

But Twinkies are like gold filled it takes more to produce a full ounce! :geek:

But then they might be called diet food? :ROFLMAO:

Oh, no! Biscuits and gravy are the food of the gods! With some grits and a couple of over-easy eggs on them. Now I'm hungry.

Dave
These barbarians in central Texas seem to know nothing about grits. Beef, yes. Pork, yes. Black beans and rice, yes. Grits, sorry. Well, sign for the new house end of next week. Will start making my own again.

Read the opening posts on this thread again. A few times, actually. I’m in agreement with Dave. Initially, it looks like this kid needs a good assay. Communicating in a language not your own can be difficult, even with good translators.

Give the kid a chance.

If it turns out otherwise, it will become evident.

Time for more coffee.

These barbarians in central Texas seem to know nothing about grits. Beef, yes. Pork, yes. Black beans and rice, yes. Grits, sorry. Well, sign for the new house end of next week. Will start making my own again.

Read the opening posts on this thread again. A few times, actually. I’m in agreement with Dave. Initially, it looks like this kid needs a good assay. Communicating in a language not your own can be difficult, even with good translators.

Give the kid a chance.

If it turns out otherwise, it will become evident.

Time for more coffee.
Grits.. a staple food.

Good Luck with the house.

He claims to have 7 kg. per ton, but he hasn't had it analyzed. Where can he get it analyzed? But he knows it is Calaverite. I hope Snoman appreciates the similarities between these 2 offers. Only Snoman has been a member for 10 years longer than myself, so he must be legitimate.

He claims to have 7 kg. per ton, but he hasn't had it analyzed. Where can he get it analyzed? But he knows it is Calaverite. I hope Snoman appreciates the similarities between these 2 offers. Only Snoman has been a member for 10 years longer than myself, so he must be legitimate.
I think you owe Snowman an apology, since the one you are referring to is SnowDog😏

Grits! You take salt or sugar with them?
Never been a grits man. Oatmeal yes, grits... no!
Beef... Hell yes! Pork... occasionally. Chicken every now and then, breast mainly.
Fish.... When i feel in the mood.
Bugs.... well it's the South!
Vegetables.... Turnip Greens, Corn bread, Pinto Beans with Pork, Ice cold Southern Sweet Tea, an Onion, an maybe a pepper. Don't even get me started on Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners! Oh hell naw! 🤣 Sweet Potatoe pie, Pecan Pie, Apple pie!....... OMG!

Grits! You take salt or sugar with them?
Never been a grits man. Oatmeal yes, grits... no!
Beef... Hell yes! Pork... occasionally. Chicken every now and then, breast mainly.
Fish.... When i feel in the mood.
Bugs.... well it's the South!
Vegetables.... Turnip Greens, Corn bread, Pinto Beans with Pork, Ice cold Southern Sweet Tea, an Onion, an maybe a pepper. Don't even get me started on Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners! Oh hell naw! 🤣 Sweet Potatoe pie, Pecan Pie, Apple pie!....... OMG!
Pepper in my grits, maybe a touch of butter occasionally. Oatmeal mainly because it is on my diet. Pintos, oh yes, and I do them with a chunk of Boston butt cooked right in the beans. All my greens are raw, can’t stand them cooked. Apple pie of my own recipe and the same for my lemon and orange cakes. Pies and cakes are scratch only. None of that boxed stuff.

Hotttt Black Berry pie or Apple pie right out the oven....... Hot fried Apple Pie out the pan!
I was just looking at my Fig Tree earlier and noticing the bulbs. I'm going to have me a good fig harvest. All it takes is a pressure cooker, some jars, and a little bit of work!

Per the bold print - which is why I said this may not be a scam - why - because his first question in his original post is asking that question --------

He also says ---------

So - at least what I am reading - he wants to have it assayed - & wants to know where to have it assayed - and then try to sell it - based on the results of the assay

Which again is why I ask how much he has

How much he has will determine his best direction (where) to first have it assayed and then the best way to try to sell it

Granted - it may well be a scam - but if it is - it's the first time I have seen a scammer ask - where & how do I get an assay - so that I can try to sell what I have

Most scammers try to sell you something based - on a claim of already having an assay - in order to try to make the (scam) sale

It is entirely possible that he got scammed - He may well have bought it from someone that told him it runs 3 - 7 kg/tons - & now he wants to find where to have it assayed - so he can then try to sell it --- Edit to add; - & the reason for the "title" of his post

Kurt
Hi Kurt,

I will tell you why I think it is a scam. In China, much like in India and a few more countries in this region, anyone who can get a hold of 100+ cellphones is melting them down in an attempt to recover the gold from it on the corner of the street. They use WeChat much like we use FaceBook and the likes, but only WeChat or other Chinese platforms are allowed to be used in China because it is not appreciated if you say what you think. So if this guy places a comment on WeChat and simply asks where he can find an assayer, he will have multiple responses in just minutes. Moreover, he speaks reasonably good English. This likely means he comes from a good family and has money. My guess is someone screwed him over when 'Gold Fever' hit him. He has tried to recover his losses by making a deal locally and when he realized that everyone in the business already knew what he just found out, he also knew his only chance to recover his losses is with foreigners, hoping to find one who is as naïve as he was himself. It just puzzles me why he would come here though. Like robbing a police station instead of a bank. Lol.

I once worked in a rather large gold mine. I was told that they had a yield of 9 grams of Au per Ton of ore. They also told me that this was a rich mine. I do not know if this is correct or not, but it seems plausible to me. So to go from 9 grams per ton to a yield of 7,000 gram per Ton does not seem very realistic now. You can always get extremes and exceptions on the rule, but not a jump of 700 times.

Best Regards,

Joey

Ok now is it 3 to 7 kilo a ton or 5 to 7 kilo a ton . Ores goes by mesurment by ton specimen goes by measurements of percent . You can't measure a specimen by ton .
per the bold print - of course you can - apparently you don't understand "fire assay" for ore

You start by taking a sample of the ore from the vain - so (as example) lets say you take a chunk of that ore that weighs a kilo

That chunk of ore can be referred to as an example - sample - piece - or specimen - its a chunk of ore that represents the larger vain of ore

You then take that chunk of ore & grind it to 200 mesh

You then take 29.16 grams of that (ground to 200 mesh) ore & smelt it with lead as a collector for the gold (so in reality you could just start with a 29.16 chunk of ore - though its not normally done that way)

you then cupel the lead button that has collected the gold to remove the lead leaving a gold bead in the cupel

The gold bead is then weighed/measured & calculated to determine recovery per ton based on the 29.16 gram ore assay

So an ore specimen - provided it is at least 29.16 grams - can be assayed to get a per ton representation of the gold in the vain that the specimen came from

Kurt

I once worked in a rather large gold mine. I was told that they had a yield of 9 grams of Au per Ton of ore. They also told me that this was a rich mine. I do not know if this is correct or not, but it seems plausible to me. So to go from 9 grams per ton to a yield of 7,000 gram per Ton does not seem very realistic now. You can always get extremes and exceptions on the rule, but not a jump of 700 times.
It all depends on the type of mining they were doing. Open pit mines just scoop up everything and crush it and process it, while hard rock mining done in shafts follow the veins. So naturally following the veins you are selectively taking the "good stuff" rather than turning a mountain into a pit.

I spent some time in Ecuador where the miners spent their days inside their mine shafts chiseling out visible gold and at the end of the day they took their sack of rocks to a mill (which they called a molimo, which means grind) and passed the crushed concentrates over their weir to get the values. Using this method a hundred pounds of rocks could yield half an ounce. Which is still a far cry from 7000 grams per ton but a lot more than 9 grams per ton as well.

So again..... the devil is in the details.

Latest posts

Back