• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Trade Where can I sell calaverite ore(contains 3~7kg of gold per ton)?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How exactly is this post still going?
Send a sample to a person with some ability. or go away.
Any number of members all over the world who can give you a Ya or Nagh!
It's still going because I'm brand new to this and want to find some answers. I'm happy to send to someone with some ability, just need to know who that is and exactly what to expect. No need to be an Ahole about it. If you don't like my post....keep scrolling.

We're sending some to Hazen per Lou's advice. I still need to know if anyone knows of a place that it can be processed. Anywhere in the US would be fine.
Lou also offered to process it, if it is up to spec according to Hazen, did he not?
If you ask for help and advice, please read the replies!!

Not that my two cents is worth a plug nickel but if a Chinese national is in the know for access to a calverite bearing ore and they are inquiring to foreign nationals it most likely means they are trying to get around the Chinese restrictions on exporting wealth. If that is so then I think it’s probably best to stear clear on this one. We would probably ship you right off if money laundering was the charge, and yes china would charge you.

Isn't this material located in the US, specifically Cripple Creek, CO? That area is known for tellurides and also hyperbolic estimates of grade, quantity, and moreover, ease of operating in the environment. I was just there last year.

Lou also offered to process it, if it is up to spec according to Hazen, did he not?
If you ask for help and advice, please read the replies!!
I read the reply and asked him if he assayed because I'm brand new to this site, don't know Lou from Adam and don't know if he assays or just processes. And this is actually what he said: "I've actually always wanted to process high grade calaverite. So if it actually is, let me know!" Which sounds like he's never done it and just wants some to try. I'm here trying to learn, not get snarky replies from people. What is the issue with a new person to calaverite asking questions. If you guys "know it all" then please send useful advice not smart aleck comments. I just want to know what I'm doing before I send gold to some stranger. I'll reach out to Lou once we have the assay back.

I read the reply and asked him if he assayed because I'm brand new to this site, don't know Lou from Adam and don't know if he assays or just processes. And this is actually what he said: "I've actually always wanted to process high grade calaverite. So if it actually is, let me know!" Which sounds like he's never done it and just wants some to try. I'm here trying to learn, not get snarky replies from people. What is the issue with a new person to calaverite asking questions. If you guys "know it all" then please send useful advice not smart aleck comments. I just want to know what I'm doing before I send gold to some stranger. I'll reach out to Lou once we have the assay back.
Read the replies you get.
Lou has refineries so if he say he can process, he can.
And Leave your moody comments at the door please.
We try to advice people and nothing is worse than discevering that your effort it wasted because they don’t read what you give them.
Have you started to study the forum ad its wast throve of information yet?

Isn't this material located in the US, specifically Cripple Creek, CO? That area is known for tellurides and also hyperbolic estimates of grade, quantity, and moreover, ease of operating in the environment. I was just there last year.
Hi Lou, yes, it's located in Cripple Creek. I'm sorry, I'm not sure what the rest of the post means....when I say we're new to this. I mean we are brand new and I don't know anything about this process. We're sending a couple of samples to Hazen for testing, I'll know more once we get answers from them. Thank you for your help.

I think so, but the OP was from China and people do not reply to posts rather than whole threads.
This creates havoc with the integrity and reading of posts later in the thread.

Read the replies you get.
Lou has refineries so if he say he can process, he can.
And Leave your moody comments at the door please.
We try to advice people and nothing is worse than discevering that your effort it wasted because they don’t read what you give them.
Have you started to study the forum ad its wast throve of information yet?
I've read every reply sent to me. I'm not trying to be moody, I just need help. I don't know Lou so how was I supposed to know he had refineries? THAT is the kind of help I need....not someone telling me to read the replies I've already read. I appreciate any help, that's why I'm here. But being a newbie, I don't know what I don't know.

The reason I asked how much do you have, will determine a suitable process for your needs. You stated "a mountain side", but then again, you don't even have it assayed yet, to determine if there is even 1 ton of ore. No offense, but that does warrant snarky comments. Newmont has just about every good claim taken up. So unless you have found something of a mineralized vent, off the main pipe, I don't know what to say. Have it tested. Hazen is good. You should stop by the facility to see how extensive they are, and the various services they offer. They do not really like to deal with the 1 assay kind of folks, but they will. For a price. We do wish you well, and I feel the best education, is the one self taught.
I can't speak for Lou, as I have never met him. He is a refiner, the first step is to find, or buy your own mill. This will take out the metal component, and concentrate to a much higher ratio, before moving on in the steps of ore to refined metal.

The reason I asked how much do you have, will determine a suitable process for your needs. You stated "a mountain side", but then again, you don't even have it assayed yet, to determine if there is even 1 ton of ore. No offense, but that does warrant snarky comments. Newmont has just about every good claim taken up. So unless you have found something of a mineralized vent, off the main pipe, I don't know what to say. Have it tested. Hazen is good. You should stop by the facility to see how extensive they are, and the various services they offer. They do not really like to deal with the 1 assay kind of folks, but they will. For a price. We do wish you well, and I feel the best education, is the one self taught.
I can't speak for Lou, as I have never met him. He is a refiner, the first step is to find, or buy your own mill. This will take out the metal component, and concentrate to a much higher ratio, before moving on in the steps of ore to refined metal.
Thank you for your help. But for future reference, when someone is brand new to this and trying to find some help as how to start and where to go, snarky comments are never warranted. I guess this forum has had scammers or people wasting your time, but not everyone is like that. Some of us are totally lost and just need some help from people who don't try to make them feel bad for not being all knowing.

Thank you for your help. But for future reference, when someone is brand new to this and trying to find some help as how to start and where to go, snarky comments are never warranted. I guess this forum has had scammers or people wasting your time, but not everyone is like that. Some of us are totally lost and just need some help from people who don't try to make them feel bad for not being all knowing.
This place is mostly about chemistry and science.
They have no feelings and always do what it does.
We have plenty people coming here with no experience and wanting to be spoon fed on what to do.
This takes too much time and is not safe, because if you don't learn what you are dealing with, you can injure yourself or others around you.
And since the answer to that post was literally two posts up, I draw the conclusion you did not fully read the replies to yourself.
That happens a lot in here, and a lot of people with entitlement issues too.
So to play that back to you, if you spend some time here and do a lot of research you might come to enjoy this place as much as we do.
We are merely trying to keep this place intact.

don't know Lou from Adam
LHankins - being a new member here that is understandable - so allow me to help you out with that

Lou has been a member of this forum from the beginning (or very near from the beginning) of this forum (2007) & is in large part responsible for starting this forum & making it what it is today (one of the worlds best sources of refining information)

Lou runs (&/or has his hand in) the operation of 4 LARGE industrial size refineries - both in precious metals & rare earth metals

So --- Lou is a VERY BUSY man & he is not going to mess around with small potatoes - which is why he want to see an assay report from Hazen

From there - Lou has expressed "an interest" in your material --- exactly what Lou has in mind I don't know --- that will depend on the assay reports from Hazen as well as other factors such as - how much of this material you then have to process etc. etc. etc.

The answers to all of that starts with assay reports from Hazen

And - for what it is worth - though I have never personally met Lou I have spoken with him on the phone a few times & as well Lou (as a member of this forum) has helped a number of our members go from backyard hobby refiners to being refiners running their own small to mid size for profit refineries - one of which includes me

In other words - I went from a backyard hobby refiner to spending 10 years making a living refining (now retired) thanks in part to Lou's help (along with the help of others like Lou)

So - get the assay(s) from Hazen - then - IF (the BIG IF) the assay(s) show the material being worth while - Lou has expressed an interest in processing for you (depending on other factors) - AND - if nothing else he can "likely" point you in a proper direction with your material

Kurt

smells like a scam
That may (or not) have been true of the original poster to this thread

That certainly is not true of the current poster (LHankins)

LHankins is simply asking for help for where to get his/her ore assayed & then asking were/how to proceed with processing - IF (the BIG IF) the assay(s) prove to be worth while

To clarify - what LHankins is NOT saying is --- I have very rich ore - who wants to buy it

Kurt

Latest posts

Back