• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Trade Where can I sell calaverite ore(contains 3~7kg of gold per ton)?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how is calaverite processed? Ive found this paper:
Nice report :) I always admire the art of industrial process fine-tunning.
If something could be froth-collected, then flotation concentrate is the way to go. But I don´t know if I would like to setup the flotation tank in my backyard using xanthates as additives for better recovery :D 2-mercaptobenzothiazole... same :D Why the gold is so in love with sulfur... From years of lab work, I am still not friend with sulfur compounds. And xanthate is one of the top ranking chemicals I want to avoid at all costs :D
In the city where I am living, there is big plant for vulcanization chemicals for the rubber. And benzothiazole derivatives are also on the top positions on my list. They have well-managed water cleaning facility, meet all standards and limits... But that smell... If the wind blow the "right" direction, man... Once, I saw man vomiting while cycling nearby the fence of the facility :D

Biom, you've stated your opinion multiple times now. Enough. Stop calling this a scam unless you have evidence to back up your accusations.

Dave
Thanks, Dave

I have many telluride gold ore like this.
I want to refine gold from it myself, or I want to sell the ore.
If you know how to refine gold from this ore, please help me.
If you know where can refine gold from this ore, please teach me.

best regards,,,

This is just wast of some refiners time . It's just a jock not real . The forum should stop any body for posting things like this .because there is some people can fall for it . Kurtak need to ask him to send a sample to test .wich I don't think he can do .because just a scam .
So quick to judge 😕

Iam not going to say any thing any more . It's not my subject any more .
It never was..

First of all, my apologies to the OP for joining the scam rant.
And hat's off to kurt and dave getting it back on track. Seven pages full of bashing was getting a bit rediculous.
Maybe the reaction was also due to the amount of scam attampts we had the last half year.

Again, my apologies.

Back to the subject: I tried to look for info on the internet, and found this paper:
I hope it will start a fruitful discussion.

Attachments

• Recovering-Gold-from-Telluride-Ore.pdf
    325 KB · Views: 1
It never was..

First of all, my apologies to the OP for joining the scam rant.
And hat's off to kurt and dave getting it back on track. Seven pages full of bashing was getting a bit rediculous.
Maybe the reaction was also due to the amount of scam attampts we had the last half year.

Again, my apologies.

Back to the subject: I tried to look for info on the internet, and found this paper:
I hope it will start a fruitful discussion.
Thank you Martijn .I do understand . May be my fault repeating same thing . Thanks again

As far as I know gold can be recovered from telluride's ores by . Rosting the ore with sodium bicarbonate around 850 c to evaporate tellurium and then the remaining can be inquarted with 3 time silver .or copper .best is silver and then parceled with nitric 50 water the remaining is gold .as a brown .or red brown powder .

Biom, we appreciate everyone's experience, point of view, and opinions. But you have to temper that. If you say that based on your experience, a particular circumstance is often an indicator of a scam, we can all benefit from your knowledge. If you repeat over and over that "this is a scam", without evidence to back up your assertion, it just becomes noise.

We all have life experiences that can benefit the group. That's part of what makes this forum great. The breadth of experience of our members amazes me at times. When I have an opinion, I usually state it once, then let the thread go where it may.

In the wise words of one of our members, time for more coffee.

Dave

I have some calaverite ore and I am finding who can extract the gold from this.
I am going to anaylsis specimen and then sell this ore.
Where can I anaylsis this specimen?
Where can I sell this calaverite?
If you are interesting, please contact me soon.
Thanks
Guy, maybe you are aware and this is redundant, if so disregard. The industry just does not buy ore by the ton. A mill may work out a deal with based upon recovery, however you very well may have to pay something up front because, having a sample assayed is one thing, however processing an entire ton or tons is entirely different because the grade will drop off immediately. The reasoning is once you had a high grade sample assayed, then you start throwing a whole lot of lean or non paying material into the mix. I wish you luck in finding someone because as I sold my mill in 1996 because of the lack of free milling ore, so I moved to South America to mine.

Last edited:
If you really do have such an item, take it to a gem and mineral show. There you will find an experienced person who will either buy it all for the collector value, turn you on to a local who can mill it, or tell you that you are full of the stinky stuff. If as a high a grade as you are stating, the collector value will far surpass the raw Au value. Problem solved, no milling, refining, and somebody gets a really nice mineral specimen. You may be able to donate a specimen to a museum to offset you sizable income tax. Cheers!

If you really do have such an item, take it to a gem and mineral show. There you will find an experienced person who will either buy it all for the collector value, turn you on to a local who can mill it, or tell you that you are full of the stinky stuff. If as a high a grade as you are stating, the collector value will far surpass the raw Au value. Problem solved, no milling, refining, and somebody gets a really nice mineral specimen. You may be able to donate a specimen to a museum to offset you sizable income tax. Cheers!
Its in China, different rules and system.
There night be similar events though.

Back