Estimate on pin yield.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am amazed at how close so many of you are to the actual yield. The total for the pins is 2.27 g. I think steyr 223 is the closest with a guess of 2.23. We are starting to get some good eyes for pin yield. Good job to all those in the 2 g range.

A .. Um .... He he ..opps :roll:
Sorry guys.,you all did notice my
Guess was.not based on science or math
But my name hence, 223 which i guess for
U guys across the pond is 5.56 :lol:

Go figure, i wish i could do that.with refining
My stuff

Hey isn't there a.duck that can do that in a
Donald duck movie.

Anyways you should count me out since this was
To be.a scientific educated game not a pic a # game

Thanks steyr223 rob

Congrats to steyr233!
May we agree that a yield of 0,1X% is a typical one for gold plated pins? We have this discussion over and over again with new users, but wishful thinking wont pay the rent.
If you buy or harvest "average type" gold plated pins expect around 0,1% or roughly 1g per Kilo/ 0,5g per lbs and you are in a realistic range.
If more comes, enjoy.

Yes i have rid myself of the pin monster
But still have 15lbs of the springy ones

I am cutting all the heads off untill i get l lb
I believe from the cell showing me that the heads
Took longer meaning more concentrated i
Should get more :lol:
Ok really only one more try maybe I'll get 1 whole
Percent......wait no thats 4.8grams
Ok maybe .4%
I will post my resultd but first to my ceramic chips
A gram in each one ...right :mrgreen:

Hye all. I am looking for a bit of help on the yield on a mix of pins. The batch is 1850 g. ( 4.07 pounds). The pins are quite a mix, with lots of flash and partial plate mixed with higher grade full heavy palate material. I am looking for a serious, educated assessment based on what you see in the photos. I will PM each reply with my estimate if you would like. I don't want to post it yet and bias the answers. I will answer any questions as they arise, if any. Thanks in advance, glondor

DSCN3247_zps9ab0d2eb.jpg

DSCN3246_zpsc149e471.jpg

DSCN3230_zps4fd2cb3e.jpg

DSCN3229_zps81446da6.jpg

DSCN3247_zps887ef331.jpg

DSCN3246_zps01814474.jpg

DSCN3228_zpsfcae41fb.jpg
This post is a year old but I'm wondering if iron worth it to buy 10 ozs (not troy) for all out $262 I've attached a photo.
I have not done any e-scrap refining before so I'm just not sure if the buy is worth it. Any help here would be appreciated. My guess says the yield would be too low. I don't have alot of info on pins just the plating is like 10 - 30 micro inches.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241017_171559_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20241017_171559_eBay.jpg
    1.5 MB
This post is a year old but I'm wondering if iron worth it to buy 10 ozs (not troy) for all out $262 I've attached a photo.
I have not done any e-scrap refining before so I'm just not sure if the buy is worth it. Any help here would be appreciated. My guess says the yield would be too low. I don't have alot of info on pins just the plating is like 10 - 30 micro inches.
Glondor has not been here for a year now.

Glondor has not been here for a year now.
Hey yggdrasil I made a post in newbies refining but got no replies on it. I'm trying to figure out what this mud is and if it's worth holding on to. To refine if it's like palladium or something. It was from this gf jewelry I been working on and it only showed up in the last 2 nitric runs i did on this stuff. Took for ever to seperate from foils cause I didn't want to put it in ar.

Attachments

• 20241016_233644.jpg
    20241016_233644.jpg
    799.6 KB
Hey yggdrasil I made a post in newbies refining but got no replies on it. I'm trying to figure out what this mud is and if it's worth holding on to. To refine if it's like palladium or something. It was from this gf jewelry I been working on and it only showed up in the last 2 nitric runs i did on this stuff. Took for ever to seperate from foils cause I didn't want to put it in ar.
Not enough information given I guess, how did you dissolve the base metals and so on.
But it is most likely some base metal residue.
Aluminum or Stainless residue since they do not dissolve well in Nitric.
Pd dissolves well in Nitric but that will only be present in some white Golds and dental Gold.

it looks more like the remains of some kind of clay,
Perhaps the product was sintered from metal powders; some of them dissolved and some precipitated.

and in addition,
did you "like" the participants’ previous answers to your question?
;)

Back