Rhodium ore

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glyn. I will try to translate the whole thing so you understand in your own profession. A weld, in a pressured boiler, might be x-rayed in order to be certified. You have a special x-ray equippment for this. If i now come to you and show you my x-rays, i have done on a weld, and you realise its done with a Dentists x-ray you migth hesitate to approve it. I say its a good x-ray, you say a dentist x-ray is not good for the job. Here is were we stand. The analysis you have done is a dentists x-ray on a weld.

Its a known fact that the machine you used gives false results for some materials. You probably have gold there. But the PGMs is most probably a missreading. If Arsenic, in the mineral, this type of machine, without the proper program, most often missreads it as PGM. Its just a significant propability that your test results are false. You do not x-ray a weld with a dentist x-ray due to its a useless x-ray. You can simply not draw any conclusion on that type of x-ray.

Last edited:
Hi Glyn,

Crush your ore, smelt it, get rid oft the collector metal by cupelling and do a XRF-check again.
Ware proper PPE and beware of the fumes!

Good luck!
Ok thanks I need a furnace that will melt it its melting point is above three thousand degrees. i smelt copper at 2200 degrees acetylene torch won’t melt it suggestions ?

Glyn. I will try to translate the whole thing so you understand in your own profession. A weld, in a pressured boiler, might be x-rayed in order to be certified. You have a special x-ray equippment for this. If i now come to you and show you my x-rays, i have done on a weld, and you realise its done with a Dentists x-ray you migth hesitate to approve it. I say its a good x-ray, you say a dentist x-ray is not good for the job. Here is were we stand. The analysis you have done is a dentists x-ray on a weld.

Its a known fact that the machine you used gives false results for some materials. You probably have gold there. But the PGMs is most probably a missreading. If Arsenic, in the mineral, this type of machine, without the proper program, most often missreads it as PGM. Its just a significant propability that your test results are false. You do not x-ray a weld with a dentist x-ray due to its a useless x-ray. You can simply not draw any conclusion on that type of x-ray.
Thanks for the advice 100 percent Appreciate that if you want samples I’ll be more than willing to send them to you

I have access to some of the richest rhodium ore on earth. I have 300 pounds of this material at my house right now and can get tons more. This material comes from the South American "platina belt" and is material the Spanish tried to smelt and couldn't do it. Finally they abandoned millions of tons of this material, leaving it for someone with better metallurgical knowledge. In time it was forgotten. How I am getting this material is my secret.

I have decided to offer small amounts of this material t anyone on the forums who wishes to extract rhodium. This material yields a bright green solution with everything I have tried, but straight HCl seems to work the best. This stuff comes in pieces that weigh as much as 20 pounds. I have no means right now to crush this stuff and it has a tendency to flatten before it breaks.

Here is the deal. I have access to far more of this material than I can ever use. After due consideration I have decided to share with others on the forum. But I am not giving it away. What I am asking is 50% of what you receive for processing. You cover the costs of extraction and I cover the costs of shipping. If you think this is far please let me know by emailing me at [email protected]. I will send pictures of this material and initial samples to all of those interested.

But remember this -- rhodium is carcinogenic and requires proper fume control.

I will also be running my own material and producing rhodium metal. It starts out red like copper, but is much heavier, and turns gray on drying.
I extract it with just HCl and use iron as a reducing agent. I currently have about 20 ounces of this -- but I have pounds of the yellow alkaline chloride of rhodium. This is made by adding ammonium hydroxide to the HCl solution until a deep blue solution is reached. This occurs at about a pH of 10 to 12. A small addition of HCl drops the pH to about 8 and the yellow rhodium chloride precipitates out. As they say there is more than one way to skin a cat, although getting the cat to hold still must be a real problem.ra

Please do not ask for a sample of this unless series about doing something with it. Right now my money is very low and shipping costs money. But I will ship a sample to anyone who is series.

Randy in Gunnison

Welcome to us, but your start is not very promising.
Just re-quoting another post, with no question or added info, do not add anything to the forum.
I consider that parrot talk and it will not be taken well if it continues.

But if you adhere to the forum rules and study, you will find this place quite informative.
We ask our new member to study the book of C.M. Hoke "refining precious metal wastes" since it gives a simple yet comprehensive,
introduction to the chemistry involved in most refining.
https://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=19798Then we ask people to study the safety section and the section for treating your wastes.

Welcome to us, but your start is not very promising.
Just re-quoting another post, with no question or added info, do not add anything to the forum.
I consider that parrot talk and it will not be taken well if it continues.

But if you adhere to the forum rules and study, you will find this place quite informative.
We ask our new member to study the book of C.M. Hoke "refining precious metal wastes" since it gives a simple yet comprehensive,
introduction to the chemistry involved in most refining.
https://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=19798Then we ask people to study the safety section and the section for treating your wastes.
Hey not sure how that happened buddy, I was reading forums and didn't mean for that to happen.

I have one of the most experienced pgm labs right here in my backyard, Send me a pm and I will have your ore looked at, and if it holds any value, I can have it all proccessed with a small plasma arc furnace (best &safest recovery available), But I have to warn you , if your bullshitting me , I do not take kindly to anyone wasting my time, and thats a fact........Frog
Frogy are u still in commission to test my rhodium rock of hope, maybe it's galena, if it's galena I really don't want to touch it too much, it looks exactly like the rhodium pics,

Latest posts

Back