The Best of Ebay

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to send 10usd to first person who will buy that cd from guy and post that on some hotfile server for download. Then we can download that and check if that contain informations from this forum. Then I would like to see that people whos contributions were used on his cd contacting him and ask him for nice % of his profit. That may come to Noxx towards upkeeping costs of running this forum and to say top 10 contributors they can be selected by vote.

jimdoc said:
Here is one for you;
platinum xble,3 ea 15ml,tall type, wt 10/13/15/grams
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180505008499&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I won this auction for $22.61, sent him payment, and he sends this;

"A payment of approx $22.00 sent. Selling price is in excess of $1500.00. Please explain"

So my reply was;

Do you need to learn how an Ebay auction works?
You better ask Ebay to explain.You need to set a reserve or start your auction at the price you want.This is a binding deal and Ebay will agree.
Selling price is what an auction ends at with no reserve set.

I doubt he will send me the crucibles, but it was worth a try.

Jim

I'm more curious about how this person came up with $1500.00 as the selling price. You should ask him/her where they came up with that number. If they dont send the crucibles they're gonna start of with negative feedback for their very first transaction. :lol:

Now for your enjoyment... check this auction out!
http://cgi.ebay.com/2500-lbs-mostly-computer-boards-gold-recovery-/140408395225?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Coins_Bullion&hash=item20b0fe15d9

There are so many things wrong with this one but the one that pops out most is in the description - "1000 dollars non refundable deposit within 2 days from end of auction via paypal
".

yeah he must be funny guy:

"i will NOT ship this it is pick up or you arrange shipping,i have a forklift so i can load it.. "

" i am new to selling so shipping charge was put in because i had to put something in,shipping is on you "

"Shipping and handling US $10,000.00"

If i would want to pay 10k for shipping he will have to swim with that 2500lbs of boards all the way across atlantic....

Here is what the seller replied when I asked him how many copies he sold yet:

gosh I've been selling them for over 2 years now, people from thailand, singapore, australia, canada, unitedkingdom, africa, india and the U.S. ....I wish I had made a map software to show everyone where they all were sold but I didn't want to pay for that ebay software selling tool, I lost count

Probably more than 29...

I came up with 301 by adding up the sold totals in all of his auctions.
At $25 each that means he has made over $7500 selling "his" info.

Jim

Then we can download that and check if that contain informations from this forum. Then I would like to see that people whos contributions were used on his cd contacting him and ask him for nice % of his profit. That may come to Noxx towards upkeeping costs of running this forum and to say top 10 contributors they can be selected by vote.
You would not be able to prove if the info came "directly" from the forum.And since theres no patent on any ideas here,even if you did prove it,you would never see any monetary reimbursement.And if by some fluke chance you won the case,you know the guy would just stiff you on the money.

This forum has provided information for many people around the world.
it is unique, and I have seen bits and pieces of information given here other places on the intranet, some of it I can even tell the source, like GSP's formula for silver conversion, there is no doubt in my mind that it is his formula, information from here will get spread around the world and people will be passing it down through the coming history, so when we share information we should expect to benefit man with it.
but it is wrong to take this information and copy it and sell it claiming it is our work, and if someone do's that they should face the legal consequences, or lets just hunt him down and tar and feather the bum.

butcher said:
This forum has provided information for many people around the world.
it is unique, and I have seen bits and pieces of information given here other places on the intranet, some of it I can even tell the source, like GSP's formula for silver conversion, there is no doubt in my mind that it is his formula, information from here will get spread around the world and people will be passing it down through the coming history, so when we share information we should expect to benefit man with it.
but it is wrong to take this information and copy it and sell it claiming it is our work, and if someone do's that they should face the legal consequences, or lets just hunt him down and tar and feather the bum.

Can we castrate them too? I'm a little rusty in that area and probably need practice. :twisted:

If you've been following the silicon saga ( http://cgi.ebay.com/Raw-Silicon-Microcr ... 414f5a45c8) the seller has sold the ingot for 105.50 plus 10.25 shipping. Guess someone is in diar need to make a solar panel.

Now take a look at this one. The yeild here is amazing lol! Expect hard disc platter thefts to be on the rise :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320533866758&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

goldenchild said:
jimdoc said:
Here is one for you;
platinum xble,3 ea 15ml,tall type, wt 10/13/15/grams
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180505008499&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I won this auction for $22.61, sent him payment, and he sends this;

"A payment of approx $22.00 sent. Selling price is in excess of $1500.00. Please explain"

So my reply was;

Do you need to learn how an Ebay auction works?
You better ask Ebay to explain.You need to set a reserve or start your auction at the price you want.This is a binding deal and Ebay will agree.
Selling price is what an auction ends at with no reserve set.

I doubt he will send me the crucibles, but it was worth a try.

Jim

I'm more curious about how this person came up with $1500.00 as the selling price. You should ask him/her where they came up with that number. If they dont send the crucibles they're gonna start of with negative feedback for their very first transaction. :lol:

Now for your enjoyment... check this auction out!
http://cgi.ebay.com/2500-lbs-mostly-computer-boards-gold-recovery-/140408395225?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Coins_Bullion&hash=item20b0fe15d9

There are so many things wrong with this one but the one that pops out most is in the description - "1000 dollars non refundable deposit within 2 days from end of auction via paypal
".

Hell I wish I'd seen that one. $.01 no reserve? I could drive up there and pick them up! He clearly states no shipping, so the 10000 would not apply. No bids?

24.5 lbs. of scrap hard drive disks/platters for platinum recovery only. I don't know the process for recovering platinum from hard drive disks, so don't bid unless you know how to recover the platinum. As seen in the picture there is a mix of disks/platters from the brown colored, which some say had a higher amount of platinum, but I don't know for sure if this is true, to the newer shinny disks/platters. Picture is a good example of what will be shipped. What you see is what you get.

http://cgi.ebay.com/24-5-lbs-hard-drive-platters-platinum-recovery-/160435783647?cmd=ViewItem&pt=CPUs&hash=item255ab7c7df

Reckon that's a deal i couldn't pass up. :twisted:

ROTFL :p

patnor1011 said:

"i will NOT ship this it is pick up or you arrange shipping,i have a forklift so i can load it.. "

" i am new to selling so shipping charge was put in because i had to put something in,shipping is on you "

If i would want to pay 10k for shipping he will have to swim with that 2500lbs of boards all the way across atlantic....

This is my auction,what is so funny about it,i have never sold anything on ebay and was trying to figure it out,the shipping was put in because you have to input an amount and i had not figured out how to put a reserve in,if you have a question about it ask me instead of insulting people,the 1000 in 2 days is to cover ebay charges and make sure you are gonna come and get it and not make me sit on it for months.it costs 55 dollars just to list this,plus what ever they charge if it sells,but 55 no matter what. the auction is now fixed.

Hell I wish I'd seen that one. $.01 no reserve? I could drive up there and pick them up! He clearly states no shipping, so the 10000 would not apply. No bids?
and this was posted by silversaddle

so my auction is funny,but he is more than willing to rip me off on it.....WOW

people looking for an angle to cheat you is the reason this was listed here 1st instead of ebay months ago because i thought most here would be honest,maybe that has changed.

maltfoudy said:
patnor1011 said:

This is my auction,what is so funny about it,i have never sold anything on ebay and was trying to figure it out,the shipping was put in because you have to input an amount and i had not figured out how to put a reserve in,if you have a question about it ask me instead of insulting people,the 1000 in 2 days is to cover ebay charges and make sure you are gonna come and get it and not make me sit on it for months.it costs 55 dollars just to list this,plus what ever they charge if it sells,but 55 no matter what. the auction is now fixed.

and this was posted by silversaddle

so my auction is funny,but he is more than willing to rip me off on it.....WOW

people looking for an angle to cheat you is the reason this was listed here 1st instead of ebay months ago because i thought most here would be honest,maybe that has changed.

Just what the hell do you mean I was trying to rip you off? All I said was that at the low starting price, I would have bid on the auction. It could have sold for thousands of dollars, and I may have bid that high. You know, E-bay ain't rocket science. And one other thing, looking at your photos, you have low grade boards mixed in with good boards. And, it looks like the boards have all sat outside exposed to the weather. Most refiners will not buy boards for top dollar in the condition your's are in, not to mention the burnt ones. You would be way better off to sell your CPU's, fingers, pins, etc. in separate auctions than as a lot. You would make more money that way. But what do I know, I'm just trying to rip you off.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320533866758&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Concerning the foil from the hard drive disks. The guy removed the Al from 50 disks. According to the link below (the only one I could find that seemed even remotely reliable), there would be a total of about $5 in Pt in the 50 disks. However, this is based on the magnetic layer (which is only a few atoms thick) being 50% Pt. I have read in other sources that it is 12% Pt, which would reduce the total Pt value of the 50 disks to about $1. Whatever it is, trying to profit from the Pt contained in these disks is definitely a losing proposition.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_platinum_in_a_hard_drive

maltfoudy no offence but that auction is a joke.
you are contradicting with every sentence. shipping free, then i had to put something and then we see shipping 10k. if you cant figure out how to set up things in ebay dont use it as you may burn yourself badly. you already had to pay high listing charges becouse of that shipping price. most of buyers on ebay dont like being ripped off by low start and crazy postage fees. if low start then put reserve in. if you dont know how ask their support. you may not realize but by the way you put your listing on you lost some credibility to potential buyers.

maltfoudy said:
I thought most here would be honest,maybe that has changed.
I'm still same old honest Gill money has not corrupted me, you may recall an ebay purchase you made from me thinking you were buying the actual books, Hokes Refining Precious Metals Wastes, Testing Precious Metals for $19.99 then you received a DVD loaded with digital copies. You complained and I immediately refunded you your payment and never so much asked that you return the DVD.

I had stated clearly in my auction what it was that I was offering for sale, your auction listing is deceiving in the description, you show some plastic trays with high grade gold pins then say there are more in the large skid mounted gaylords not shown in the picture line up.

Your leaving a lot to the buyers imagination and his/her want for gold.

Here's a quick tutorial on how to post more than 1 picture on your ebay listings for free.

I use the Kompozer open source html editor to write up my auction description, using the direct links from Photbucket hosted there then insert the link from the hosted Photbucket image into Kompozer.

In kompozer top left hand corner you will find a drop down tab named INSERT. you may add any number of images in your description that will show up in your auction free of charge. I use the ebay first image using self hosted, insert the Photbucket URL for gallery picture.

The advantage of using self hosted pictures over ebay hosting is that you get large full page pictures rather than the ebay truncated pictures that tend to hide imperfections.

Replacing a picture in your auction with a new one is a snap, take note of file name for the one already hosted on PB, then delete that image. After this image has been deleted upload a new image using the name from the old picture file you previously deleted. No need to make any changes on your auction page the new image having the same name as the deleted file will automatically replace itself into the current PB URL.

You can even make these changes once your auction has bids on it, try this using ebay hosted pictures.

If you have bids and need to add more information should someone request it, you can make up your reply using Kompozer adding more pictures then copy and past from the editor into the ebay add information section. Your annotation with added pictures will show up.

When I sold my Toyota Landcruser FJ45 I had over 30 pictures showing every possible detail the good bad and the ugly. When using large amounts of pictures be sure to make this the first thing your potential buyer is going to read letting him know to wait and scroll.

Getting a copy of an ebay hosted picture not so easy these days, if you need a copy to blow up to see detail, under your browser's file drop down click save page as into a folder. The ebay hosted pictures will be in that folder, now you can enlarge them for better viewing.

Saving a copy of a self hosted file is easy, right click save image.

Gill said:
I'm still same old honest Gill money has not corrupted me, you may recall an ebay purchase you made from me thinking you were buying the actual books, Hokes Refining Precious Metals Wastes, Testing Precious Metals for $19.99 then you received a DVD loaded with digital copies. You complained and I immediately refunded you your payment and never so much asked that you return the DVD.

And I'm still the honest guy who paid for the hard copy of Hokes Testing Precious Metals that Gill is selling digital copies of. Of course, this benefited not only Gill, but the entire forum or at least anyone who has downloaded a copy of the book Gill took the time to scan.

Just another example of how we can all work together to help one another. It's proof that one good deed done for your fellow man helps everyone prosper.

Great trick Gill on the eBay pictures thing, I like it.

Steve

lazersteve said:
Gill said:
Great trick Gill on the eBay pictures thing, I like it.

Steve

Thanks Steve, for example my hosted pictures use a simple file name this way I can copy just one URL changing the URL ending with lets say w1.jpg to w2.jpg and so forth making it quick and easy inserting a new picture into Kompozer.

Try this copy this URL and past it into your browser, then change the w1 to a w2 upwards to 4 there are four images using basically the same PB URL which are daughter pages. Incidentally I make the jumbo wool winder shown in w1 pictures during the winter months.

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz68/ravanian/w1.jpg

Then try this url which has 8 images associated to it by changing the 1 to the next highest digit you will move along to the next image,
http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz68/ravanian/k1.jpg

This will help you understand daughter pages.linked via URL's by manipulating the URL you can go backwards or forwards on the website.

Here is an ebay auction using the k1 to k8 Konica Camera pictures being used in my auction all for free.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280511505692

Here's another auction showing my wooden ball winder, you can actually count the wood grain in the ebay pictures.
http://tinyurl.com/33k2ta5

I also use youtube video inserts in combination with static pictures on some of my auctions, for instance when the buyer can hear and see an old vintage chainsaw running and cutting a log you will realize a greater profit on your auction. That 30 second video clip well worth the time and effort.

Using a youtube video insert for an ebay auction would be a whole new tutorial as its use requires a whole different approach.

Best Regards
Gill

found this kind of funny since maybe these buyers are unfamiliar with weights, measures and the conversion of such...heh, i didnt really know how small a grain was either until i did the math...being quite the new guy myself. (not so new anymore to be silly enough to spend more than a dollar on a 486 cpu, heh heh.)....anyway, yeah, is this one a racket perhaps??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330425582594

spot was around 40$/gram for 24k when this ran....5grains = 12-13$...i just hope the stuff really is PURE.
good way to sell that refined product, no? could be, hes had many a transaction lately and the "bent over" seem satisfied....well, maybe those are strong words.....65 or $70 dollars for a gram of unauthenticated "emergency currency" ?....hmmm....a year or two from now (based on some speculations)....sure.

Back